custom techs per house + techs questions

a place to discuss it

Moderators: Deathifier, Sukayo

Madrigal
Tank commander

custom techs per house + techs questions

Postby Madrigal » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:01 pm

Hi,

Is it possible to give from the start a tech to an house and not another? At worst, can we parameter what is given as bonus tech by the traits like ancient documentarium so it can be given to a specific house?

This would allow custom units, as only the house having the tech could build them...

Also, what about the league and the Church, how do they research? Do they know all techs at start? Unless they never produce new units perhaps?

Eightball Maniac
Assault Legionnaire

Re: custom techs per house + techs questions

Postby Eightball Maniac » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:56 pm

Madrigal wrote:Is it possible to give from the start a tech to an house and not another? At worst, can we parameter what is given as bonus tech by the traits like ancient documentarium so it can be given to a specific house?

This would allow custom units, as only the house having the tech could build them...

Nope, no way that I know of. If the ancient documentariums can be altered in the exe you could do it, but then the existing documentariums couldn't be given to anyone else.

Custom House units are limited to being pre-placed on the galaxy map. But once they're gone they can't be replaced.

Also, what about the league and the Church, how do they research? Do they know all techs at start? Unless they never produce new units perhaps?

I'm not certain how they handle tech, but they seem to prefer units with no tech requirements. They do produce new units (mainly when at war). The Church-controlled Monasteries in my mod will fill up with newly built units, for example.

Madrigal
Tank commander

Postby Madrigal » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:54 pm

crap... 1997 was really a prehistoric time for modding :oops:

Return to “Fixing it ourself”