Nova - Two Questions

a place to discuss it

Moderators: Deathifier, Sukayo

jscott991
Infantery

Nova - Two Questions

Postby jscott991 » Wed May 01, 2013 9:57 pm

I love this game. I've been playing it off and on since 1996 and once I started using Nova, it really became the game I always imagined it could be.

But there are some problems.

The first is that the AI still builds too many cities. It clogs up every planet it takes over with tons and tons of useless electronics, ceramsteel, and other facilities. It makes playing beyond about 5050 extremely tedious.

Is there anything that can be done about that?

The other is a crash bug that I keep having that seems related to offering peace to an AI player.

I will offer peace to an AI House, end my turn, and then watch the game crash whenever that AI player ends its part of the turn (for example, it's currently happening with the al-Malik).

If I reload the game and undo the peace offer, the game will not crash.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to stop this? I would like to stop slogging through the 100s of cities on Aylon and try to fight Symbiots or something else.

Any help is appreciated!

Sukayo
Noble

Postby Sukayo » Thu May 09, 2013 7:10 am

@building cities: in other patches that got addressed by increasing the price for settlers, so the AI starts a bit later to swarm theire worlds with settlers.

@peace offer: because basicaly teh AI accepts every peace offer, one of the rules for better game play is to never offer peace, only accept peace offers.

jscott991
Infantery

Postby jscott991 » Thu May 09, 2013 3:47 pm

What should the price of engineers be?

I thought about adding energy as a cost. You can't add advanced material (like ceramsteel) because that devastate the game's early period economy.

The swarm of cities is annoying. I don't understand how they feed and power as many as they build (particularly since the AI doesn't seem to build any wells).

In fact, I'd love to know how the AI is doing anything. It has an enormous space fleet in 5150 (my current year), but I don't see how it has the energy or food to support any of its economy. So how is it building all the singularities necessary to have essentially 200 or more ships parked on the ground on every planet.

Has anyone solved the engineer issue?

Sukayo
Noble

Postby Sukayo » Sat May 11, 2013 7:36 am

Check how it is made in Hyperion, Matt followed this concept and when you start to play check it you will be first shocked.

Return to “Fixing it ourself”