Some questions about that damn units

a place to discuss it

Moderators: Deathifier, Sukayo

Kozas
Infantery

Some questions about that damn units

Postby Kozas » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:05 am

Hello there to everyone!
I really like Emperor of the Fading suns. I remember how I play it years ago in my high school on IT science class. But this game is seriously flawed. AI is spaming with new cities, and I always just gave up. There was no fun in building every 'friggin turn few new cities and hundred of units. And the game is asking after every unit is building what to build next! It's ok in Civilization IV where you have, I don't know, like five or ten cities, but not when you bulding ~hundreds units in you hundreds cities!
Recently I play in reality mod. It's a little better, but there are some things that I want to change. AI is not spamming with new cities( that's good), but it's spamming with basic units( that's bad). One goddamn unit of metal to build an artillery?! Those are dark ages! Artillery should be something precious. It should cost, like 20 metal or 50 or 100 not ONE. And one shouldn't be able to build it on FARM. It's like - "hey uncle Bob, what we gonna do today, feed the chickens, and make cornsupe? Nope, my little nephew, we gonna build artillery! I have some scrap metal from my old car, so it's should be enough"
So, can I change in some files resources needed to build units? And change where they can be build? It's there differences in changing it if I'm playing in vanilla or reality mod?
Thanks

Eightball Maniac
Assault Legionnaire

Postby Eightball Maniac » Wed May 13, 2015 2:04 am

You can edit these things in the Unit.dat file in the DAT folder - you can open them with any text editor. There should be a list of buildings and their numbers at the top of this file. Take the number for the building you want and use it in place of the number under the Bldgs heading on the line of the unit(s) you'd like to change.

Metal and other resources can be changed by simply changing the numbers under their respective headings. I haven't looked at the Reality mod's files, so it might not have some of the helpful guidelines.

Been a long time since your post was made, but you might check back some day!

Return to “Fixing it ourself”