Agora problem revisited

a place to discuss it

Moderators: Deathifier, Sukayo

Agora problem revisited

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 10, 2000 1:15 am

Awhile back I posted that I thought I had solved the problem of disappearing resources. At the time I thought that the League itself was using them. I was partially correct. The League will use resources from agora to supply it's needs. This is important to know for senario designers. Be sure to provide the League with enough resource generating cities so that it will have a steady supply of everything it needs.<p>What I have sinced learned, and after talking with Ken a bit, is that the Houses do buy from the League as well, I do not know if the Church does but we can probably assume it does. I had previously assumed that the Houses did not. I based this on the observation that Houses frequently are facing starvation because they have overbuilt too many cities and cannot feed their population. Yet their planet's agora would be fully stocked with food. This led me to believe that they did not buy from the agora (I could not and still do not understand why they do not buy food). <p>However, after extensive testing and observation I have concluded that the following is happening:<p>The League will use resources from agora if it does not have enough in it's regular stock.<p>The Houses do buy from the agora, and can by from any agora in the Known Worlds. However, they do not buy food. I cann't explain this, but to the best of my ability it seems to be the case.<p>The Church may or may not buy from the League, I haven't been able to determine this. What I have determined is that the Church does not buy food either and can thus also be starved.<p>Since I have never seen cargo pods moving from an agora to a House city, I must assume that the Houses are simple buying what they need as they need it and it is immediately transported where needed. From this I have also deduced that the Houses only buy when they need to build a unit. This would explain why they don't buy food (except possibly when building engineers).<p>I think this is about all I'll be able to find out about how this aspect of the game works. Hope it helps explain some of what's going on in the game.

Return to “Fixing it ourself”