Source Code

a place to discuss it

Moderators: Deathifier, Sukayo

Lothgoradin
Space Legionnaire

Source Code

Postby Lothgoradin » Tue Sep 03, 2002 11:34 pm

I saw a link for the source code yesterday while searching through. I have looked and looked today, but I cannot find it. Could someone please let me know where the code is so I can look at it?

The Darkmage

Deathifier
Noble

Re: Source Code

Postby Deathifier » Wed Sep 04, 2002 3:23 pm

Source code for what?

There is no code for the original EFS, and in some correspondance we got from Holistic it would seem the source code isn't exactly 'nice' and that we wouldn't benefit much from having it :)

Also there is no source for the Clone Project, since the whole thing is still in design phase.

- Deathifier

Lothgoradin
Space Legionnaire

Postby Lothgoradin » Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:17 pm

https://sourceforge.net/projects/wargamer/

In the "about units, divisions and armies" discussion, you can find that Max says its open source now and gives a link. The link above is it.

I am about to search around in the site for it, butI could have misread it and it could be another game.

The Darkmage

Lothgoradin
Space Legionnaire

Postby Lothgoradin » Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:26 pm

P.S. - "Not Nice" is my specialty. I like cleaning up programming screwups and the like. I may not have much experience with C, but I am willing to give it a shot.

The Darkmage

Deathifier
Noble

Postby Deathifier » Thu Sep 05, 2002 12:10 pm

I couldn't find the link to the area you mentioned, but it would seem that's a totally different game...

There has been a little discussion about the EFS source here before, which I probably moved to the clone forum.
We pretty much agreed that working off the old source would be far too much work for what it's worth - remember you are dealing with a huge lump of code, quite aged technologies (DirectX 5 I belive) and a list of stuff you have to find and fix a few miles long.

The effort required to rewrite the parts of the code to do everything we want may well be the same as it takes to write it from scratch with a much more elegant design :)

- Deathifier

Max
Infantery

Postby Max » Tue Sep 10, 2002 7:27 pm

The open source game is "Wargamer: Napoleon 1813".
I gave it as example to army OOB thats all.

Return to “Fixing it ourself”