New Mod Pack for EFS

a place to discuss it

Moderators: Deathifier, Sukayo

Lothgoradin
Space Legionnaire

New Mod Pack for EFS

Postby Lothgoradin » Sun Nov 03, 2002 3:07 am

I am in the process of creating a new patch for EFS. I was wanting some input on what people were looking for in a new patch.

What I have so far is kind of a cross between Hyperion and Nova.

The Hyperion aspects include Specific 3rd Republic League units, Specific Psy Church Units and Flagships.

The Nova aspects include the fixing of the original DAT files.

The other ideas that I have include high powered Imperial Units and Symbiots causing more of a problem. The new Galaxy file I will include with the game has a lot of Symbiot planets, a large, powerful league and church and each Ministry having its own Home Planet.

I also have a galaxy set up now with the basic units starting as rebels and a small elite imperial group starting under House control. Of course with this particular galaxy, more starting funds are needed, or the players will have to take out a loan from the league to cover this.

If anyone has any input into this version of the game, let me know and I will try to incorporate what I can. Also, input on anything I have outlined here can also be given.

Please let me know what y'all think

The Darkmage

bongina
Fighter pilot

Re: New Mod Pack for EFS

Postby bongina » Fri Nov 08, 2002 3:07 am

The EFS community is very stagnant right now. I created a new mod earlier this year, and have seen absolutely no interest in it. NOVA is pretty outdated now, and yet most people still play it. If I were you, I wouldn't invest any time in making a mod pack, unless it was for your own pleasure.

Bartman

Shocker
Noble

Postby Shocker » Thu Nov 14, 2002 11:00 pm

There is still a trickle of new people coming to the site as well.

Jakkan is new I think.
Long Live EFS!

PDF
Assault Legionnaire

Postby PDF » Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:36 am

Damn, I was just working to do a mod looking like Jakkan's proposed mod !
The thread are 6 months old, are you still here guys ? Maybe we could join efforts !
Bongina (Bartmann ?), do you refer to your WW2 mod or did you do another one ?

EFS community is sort of an old English club, with a few select members coming in smoking cigars and relating their India Army time ... :D
Behold, real-time !
PDF

dexter
Infantery

Postby dexter » Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:10 pm

Jakkan,

Please make your mod. I do regularly check the forum and keep up to date with EFS. So there is one person here interest in your work.

D.

Lothgoradin
Space Legionnaire

Postby Lothgoradin » Sun Aug 31, 2003 8:31 pm

Damn, I was just working to do a mod looking like Jakkan's proposed mod !
The thread are 6 months old, are you still here guys ? Maybe we could join efforts !
This doesnt sound like a bad idea. I have been working on it during my lunch breaks for the past year. Not very fast going, but it works. I could use some help on stats for the imperial, church and 3rd republic units. Also on stats for flagships for each house.

One of the things I have noticed is no one has touched the cargo pods. why not have others able to be built, with different movement types. A naval to be built in wells, a hover to be built in factories, a space even for starports.and maybe a jump capable too, but I havent decided. I dont know if these will work, I havent had time to play with it yet, but I will do that later today, when I go home (I am at my mother in laws house, its my daughter's birthday party today - she turned 5 on the 25th)

Also, give the symbiots a lot of space units, and a lot of standard units, but only 6 or 7 nesters to start and only a 2 or 3 hives. Give them stronger units to build and standard units to start. This could simulate them learning technology of their own.

I also need to find someone to make unit pics and paste them into the unit file. I see no point in the Vau, so I wish to replace their entire portfolio with flagships and Imperial and 3rd republic units and psy church units.

I was also thinking of making tech cheaper 250/turn, but raising the length of time to research it - 50 or 100%.

I also need a name for this hybrid. that is one thing I have not been able to come up with.

Anyone who wishes to assist in this mod is welcome to offer help.

For those of you who wish to contact me via email, jakkan_shodekan@hotmail.com with EFS in the subject. If EFS is not in the subject, I will not get the mail

The Darkmage is Rising

Lothgoradin
Space Legionnaire

Postby Lothgoradin » Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:14 am

I tried testing the cargo pods, same problem that the sceptres had. Only a food pod is produced. Unfortunately, this is unacceptable. I now have all of the information I have been working on for the past year at home, so I can start on this mod. There are not many problems with Nova, but there are some. I am hoping to fix a few of them without causing too many more of my own. Is someone still willing to assist me in this?

The Darkmage is Rising

Lothgoradin
Space Legionnaire

Postby Lothgoradin » Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:15 am

I tried testing the cargo pods, same problem that the sceptres had. Only a food pod is produced. Unfortunately, this is unacceptable. I now have all of the information I have been working on for the past year at home, so I can start on this mod. There are not many problems with Nova, but there are some. I am hoping to fix a few of them without causing too many more of my own. Is someone still willing to assist me in this?

The Darkmage is Rising

Return to “Fixing it ourself”