New Web Site

a place to discuss it

Moderators: Deathifier, Sukayo

Haakon_Stormbrow
Assault Legionnaire

Re: New Web Site

Postby Haakon_Stormbrow » Wed Jan 23, 2002 2:47 pm

ok i got my site back up last night. the new address is http://home.attbi.com/~4agraham/efs_reality.htm
Creator of the EFS:Reality mod

dexter
Infantery

Postby dexter » Fri Jan 25, 2002 7:38 pm

I really like the Reality mod and the idea of one icon representing only one unit type. Not that I do like a mulitude of different units but I think sometime less is more. I think the focus should be more on strategy and tactics and less of a reliance on having the latest high tech units, even thought it would not hurt. I hope to see further development of the Reality mod.<p>Question, I just start a single player game. How good is the other ai houses capable of ? Will they be able to provide the same challenge as say the Symbios ?

Haakon_Stormbrow
Assault Legionnaire

Postby Haakon_Stormbrow » Tue Feb 05, 2002 7:02 pm

I tried to do some playing around with the units to get the ai to move its butt, but it still feels like the same ai as in the original game. And in my patch it is not as good at colonizing either, due to the long build time for engineers, and difficult starting economical positions. I think it makes a better multiplayer patch.

Shocker
Noble

Postby Shocker » Fri Feb 08, 2002 3:53 am

I was wondering if it is possible to have a unit with something like -500 maintenance. If you had 2 or three of these for the houses they could survive economically.<p>A single player could just disband this unit to level the game playing field.<p>
I was originally thinking of this for Hyperion.
The AI houses really get clobbered in Hyperion.<p>- Chris.
Long Live EFS!

Haakon_Stormbrow
Assault Legionnaire

Postby Haakon_Stormbrow » Fri Feb 15, 2002 1:56 pm

Yes i did this in my patch. The knight, Psi-Knight, and Cyber-Knight actually contribute, i think, 50 firebirds per turn. This is to represent the fact that barons and other minor nobles would contribute some of their wealth to their leige in a fuedal system. I added this so that officers (which were replaced by knights) would be used more.

Apollon
Infantery

Postby Apollon » Sun Sep 22, 2002 2:07 am

you have some excellent ideas, grahama! very good patch and nice site too :)

Haakon_Stormbrow
Assault Legionnaire

Postby Haakon_Stormbrow » Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:00 pm

Thanks, it is nice to get some feedback. I am playing a game with some freinds from work right now and hope to be adding some new game reports.

Return to “Fixing it ourself”