Goodbye!

a place to discuss it

Moderators: Deathifier, Sukayo

Haakon_Stormbrow
Assault Legionnaire

Goodbye!

Postby Haakon_Stormbrow » Mon Mar 24, 2003 7:09 pm

I guess i will no longer be reading or posting on this board. Keep your ignorant political opinions to yourself! War is not always wrong! Was it wrong for america to fight against germany and rescue europe in WW2? We were only attacked by Japan, after all. If you are going to make this a site commenting on geopolitical problems, then expect to have people boycott, or just leave.

War is justified. Saddam sign a treaty with us at the end of the war. We have the right, or should i say responsibility to force him to abide by his agreements. In Efs if someone agreed not to do something (say build plague bombs) to end a war they were losing, and did it again anyway, you would be right back at them!

Yes i am an american! And if some of you european countries could stop selling arms and technology, etc. to what should be our common enemies, you might find it easier to support us. I find it interesting that these three countries are the primary spokesman against war:

-Russia is owed a lot of money by iraq and has just been found to sell equipment to them recently.

-France has contracts to get the oil in iraq and gets a price break on its oil. They have also in the past sold equipment to iraq.

-Germany has sold equipment to iraq which could be used to build WMD.

Now these countries don't want us to go into iraq! i think they know we will find something! Items sold illegally to iraq against the un resolutions!

Now i will delete this sites link from my favorites, so don't bother flaming. And if you don't like this post in this forum then move it to a new forum for general comments, or post it on your front page like you did your own comment.

EFS Rules!
Creator of the EFS:Reality mod

Macroz
Space Legionnaire

Re: Goodbye!

Postby Macroz » Mon Mar 24, 2003 8:24 pm

According to a document I saw few weeks ago US sold anthrax and other biological and chemical agents to Iraq and 40 or so choppers to spread the substances. French sold the planes that were used to bomb the Kurds. Germans built bio-weapon plants. The world is corrupt and the memory of some politicians short (Chirac and Powell were among those dealing with Saddam). So what is new here? What does this have to do with EFS? That you can't handle free speech and right to an opinion? Oh, come on... this has gotten ridiculous.

Russell
Noble

Postby Russell » Mon Mar 24, 2003 10:27 pm

Macroz, I agree with you on completely. France, Germany, Russia, AND the US all have corruption and each want their own way. We have sold weapons to Iraq in the past, we have supported Osama bin Laden fighting against the USSR, we have the wholte Contra cell scandal, we nuked Japan to end a war (we could've nuked their military, but targeted civilian cities purposely. Why? Because we had already bombed those places and wanted a fresh, unbombed city to test weapons of mass destruction. I have been Japan, and am fascinated in their culture. When I was there, I felt ashame for what we had done to them.) Most Americans will agree with the nuking of Japan. Many foreigners disagree (Just like this Iraq war). If they had nuked Japan, the roles would reverse. This is blind nationalism. Do not think that any nation in the world is without its own glaring flaws. In Rawanda around one million people were massacred, and we did nothing (we as the collective world, Democrats, Republicans, everyone). Beglium sent 3000 peace keepers (later pulled out), and it was obvious what was going on there. We have made many mistakes.

And I do not think this current war is one of those mistakes. The day Saddam dies, will be a happy day (for me, and many others) But I am open minded enough to see the other person's point of view. As long as people that are narrow minded exist, the world will remain divided and be a bitter, hostile place.

Sometimes your own pride gets in the way (for those that are so self righteous and offended, that they are selfish enough to risk the division of the EFS community, thinking only of their own personal feelings, not that of other members of the community)

I do not support Klaus's statement. But I sure as hell support this community. Go make new forums, but it will never be the same. These forums almost have 300 members. And to you, Klaus is enough to ruin it? Obviously EFS, the community that has been around for years, mean nothing to you, and if that is the case, perhaps those that care enough about this community will stick around, and it will be better off with the remainder.

Also, you cannot avoid reality. People oppose war throughout the world everyday. And if you are going to tell me you come to these forums to "escape" reality, I won't believe it. Playing in an actual EFS game, yes. But if anyone is on these forums, escaping reality, then I don't see it. I come here everyday, hoping for more posts, most games, but it just doesn't happen often. So you see a message that disagrees with your stance for maybe a few seconds a day, and now cannot go to the forums.

Feel free to contest my post in any way. Because personally, I believe in freedom of speech, and will consider your thoughts and opinion with an open mind, unlike some have done.

Deathifier
Noble

Postby Deathifier » Wed Mar 26, 2003 6:43 am

This topic has been moved, the Clone forum was setup for one purpose - discussion of the clone.

I respect peoples different views on the current political situation, and that is why it has been moved rather then erased...

- Deathifier

Return to “Fixing it ourself”