The game screen is like, 4 inches wide in the middle of

a place to discuss it

Moderators: Deathifier, Sukayo

Teal'k
Infantery

The game screen is like, 4 inches wide in the middle of

Postby Teal'k » Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:46 am

Ok,
I just installed eofs on my IBM laptop (PentiumIII), and i opened the program up and the actual game window itself is in a small box in the middle of the screen! I have tried looking for help, but i couldnt find anything. I have tried changing the screen resolution and color palette, but i think that that only affects Windows. I tried re-installing it again, and i have tried going through a good majority of the dat files. Does anyone know of a way to fix this, it is very to annoying me(You get used to game play with it, but its almost impossible to read text.

Thanks
It would appear this weapon is in-effective.

Sukayo
Noble

Re: The game screen is like, 4 inches wide in the middle of

Postby Sukayo » Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:41 pm

What OS you are using?

Looney
Fighter pilot

Postby Looney » Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:09 pm

You know, right after i read this , i started up my solo game on my Inspiron 2500 notebook. And lo and behold my game is also shrunk. I run Windows ME (by the way thanks to tiberous, I thought I would never get to play again). The prob doesnt appear on my desktop. So, at least you know that your not alone TealK.
Some people think good graphics make a good game. Good people think good graphics only make a good game better.

Deathifier
Noble

Postby Deathifier » Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:48 am

I believe the game runs at 640x480 which, for a notebook, is probably somewhat smaller than its native resolution (usually greater than 1024x768).

It would appear that the laptop is simply running at 640x480 and not attempting to modify the image to fill up your entire screen - hence a box in the middle.

Somewhere on the laptop you should be able to convince it to stretch the window so it fills the entire screen. You might lose some image quality though.

In a month or so I should be getting a notebook of some sort so if its not resolved by then I'll take a stab at it :)

- Deathifier

Return to “Fixing it ourself”