Strategy HELP

a place to discuss it

Moderators: Deathifier, Sukayo

aliss77777
Infantery

Strategy HELP

Postby aliss77777 » Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:02 am

Hi EFS fans! Can anybody give a beginner some strategy tips?
The manual has almost nothing and this game is huge. Where to begin -- I have so many questions.
After you capture all the cities on a planet, is it worth exploring the rest of the terrain? can you find anything else? what's the best exploration method?
how come the computer players have more cities and units than me? what's the key to expanding quickly?
airpower doesn't seem to be that effective. my planes usually get shot down when facing even one AA battery. is there a better strategy?
any other tips would be welcome as well. BTW, I'm using the commercial version with no patches.
thanks for reading!

Sukayo
Noble

Re: Strategy HELP

Postby Sukayo » Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:26 am

Some or all informations are collected under tips or notes on the patch sites, like here.
On the NOVA site is also a large examionation on combined forces, Matt has also a Beginner guide for his specialities in the hyperion patch which guides you the first twenty years or so.
The computer players knows better than you the best spots for placing a city, are having good connections to the league so can buy very often whatthey need and other advantages we humans must overcome with our mind ;) .

Return to “Fixing it ourself”