a place to discuss it

Moderators: Deathifier, Sukayo

Tango
Infantery

EFS Remake?

Postby Tango » Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:37 pm

Hello all:

I am new to this forum.

I have gotten my copy of EFS some time ago. It was defective in some aspect, but I am willing to look past all that. Over the year, I have given Hyperion and Nova a try. I greatly appreciate the efforts from all the people who, obviously, share my passion in this game and will want to love it.

I would suprise me if there is no one who thought of writing/programming their own EFS as a response to fix everything. Has that been done? Is it work in progress? If I recall correctly, years ago there was some talk on the forum for that? How did that progress?

Cheers.

Tango

Deathifier
Noble

Re: EFS Remake?

Postby Deathifier » Sat May 01, 2004 4:33 am

Hi Tango and welcome to the forum!

The EFS Clone project was started in an attempt to rebuild EFS 'our way' - fix the flaws, make some improvements and generally produce a better game without changing the way it plays excessively.

The forum for it is still here, as is the main achievement we made - a long list of what we would like to see tweaked, changed and improved.

Unfortunately it's at a standstill because it needs people and time, two things which are in short supply these days :(

I had heard that some other groups were attempting the same their own way, however what they achieved (if anything) is not known to me.

- Deathifier

orkboi
Infantery

Re: EFS Remake?

Postby orkboi » Mon May 10, 2004 7:51 pm

Sadly, it doesn't seem likely we'll see a "new" EFS soon or ever. On the other hand, as a game designer, I run into people who know EFS and were influenced by it all the time. So I think the good news is that there are games out there that incorporate some of what makes it so cool (including, some day I hope, a project I'm working on now).

Return to “Fixing it ourself”