Innovations

a place to discuss it

Moderators: Deathifier, Sukayo

Innovations

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 23, 2000 11:12 pm

I suggest using this thread to post ideas about modifying the dynamic of EFS.<p>Here are a few Ideas I’m working in to my own tweaked version of EFS. I’ll probably lose interest before I’m finished, so I wanted to share with people that might actually use them.<p>First, I’m taking away the engineers ability to build fusoriums and cyclotrons.<p>If you want to monopols or singularities, you have to deal with the guild, or find some remaining second republic cities.<p>I’ll give the League the manufacturing ability to meet the demand of all the Houses. But at the same time I’m taking away all the gems and most of the exotica, trace harvesting ability from the guild, so you have to keep them in supply if you want them to keep you in supply. I might also take biochems or wetware away.<p>This imposition of economic importance can only be effectively implemented in PBEM games because there is no way (to my knowledge) to prompt the House AIs to sell their surplus.<p>A mod that (I believe) could work with AI is the inclusion of tech that can’t be researched unless you choose it from the ancient documentarium. Give said tech an obscenely high research point value to discourage the AI from trading it, and some of the special techs it makes available prerequisites of itself.

Return to “Fixing it ourself”