EFS, Arcanum - EFS Mod ?

a place to discuss it

Moderators: Deathifier, Sukayo

dexter
Infantery

EFS, Arcanum - EFS Mod ?

Postby dexter » Fri Jan 25, 2002 7:33 pm

Hi,<p>Just have to reinstall efs again to satisfy that conquer the universe urge. Actually I was replaying moo2 and despite the user mods and my own tweaking, I realize appreciate how deep, interesting, and complex efs is compare other 4x game. <p>I am not into the pen and paper efs rpg, but looking at arcanum the other day, I was thinking if it is possible to use arcanum game editor to recreate a efs rpg ? Arcanum has pretty much all the aspects that make efs so unique.

Deathifier
Noble

Re: EFS, Arcanum - EFS Mod ?

Postby Deathifier » Sat Jan 26, 2002 5:15 am

Do you have a link to the editor that we can check out?<p>I doubt it can do everything in EFS however I'll take a look and see what is and isn't possible.<p>- Deathifier

dexter
Infantery

Postby dexter » Sat Jan 26, 2002 5:50 am

Here is a good site:
http://rpgplanet.com/arcanum/<p>The some of the people who made this game were also worked on fallout 1 and fallout 2, both imo are excellent rpg.<p>Arcanum is setted in a sort of Victorian Tolkien Industrial Revolution where swords and gun powder coexist

Deathifier
Noble

Postby Deathifier » Sat Jan 26, 2002 8:17 am

Ah I just realised you want to make a RPG :) <p>Well Arcanum could probably satisfy your needs depending on what you want in the RPG. I don't know what goes into the pen & paper games but they seemed pretty complex, esp ones set in space where you can have dueling space fleets.<p>I suppose you just have to set down what you want to include and then go looking for something that lets you do that.<p>You might want to visit the FS webring and find other places that chat about the FS universe as most of the people here don't have much to do with it outside of EFS and maybe some books :) <p>- Deathifier

dexter
Infantery

Postby dexter » Sat Jan 26, 2002 9:32 am

Sorry, should have been it more clear that I was refering to an arcanum-efs-rpg-mod.

Deathifier
Noble

Postby Deathifier » Sun Jan 27, 2002 2:25 am

It's not a problem, I just mis-interpreted the message the first time I read it :)

Return to “Fixing it ourself”