How about a democracy game?

About Nova, strategies and tactics

Moderator: Sukayo

kirov
Assault Legionnaire

How about a democracy game?

Postby kirov » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:25 am

Hello again everyone,

Well, some idea came to my mind... This forum seems to be stagnant, although we have not so few registered members. Usually it's because there's hardly any topic to post to. I got this idea from apolyton community, where almost in every Civ-game there is a democracy game played. I've been signed up to the Alpha Centauri Democracy Game (1 year ago) and I think it's a lot of fun, providing also a great boost to the forum traffic.
For those not familiar with it: forum members would split into 5 groups, each of them playing one house, obviously. Each group would choose its finance minister, research minister, etc. Then they would play their turn of the game (optionally staying in contact via IRC/chat while doing it). Of course people are not allowed to see inside other houses' forums. It would probably be a very slow game, but the greatest fun comes not from clicking the buttons, but this whole talking about it. Provides both a large room for talking about the game and for RPGing, as much as people want.
I know there are many problems with it, we'd have to make 5 sub-forums, there can be not enough people interested... But anyway, it could give a nice kick to this forum. What do you think about it, guys? Is EFS really not worth so much interest, in these decadent times of Civ-3? :)

<small>[ 26.03.2004, 04:01: Message edited by: kirov ]</small>

Maur13
Assasin

Re: How about a democracy game?

Postby Maur13 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:19 pm

Hmm. those games? Would need a lot of people. Are there still so many users our there?

Hellloooooo..... ;)

Return to “NOVA - how to play a better game”