Imperial Eye

About Nova, strategies and tactics

Moderator: Sukayo

kirov
Assault Legionnaire

Imperial Eye

Postby kirov » Fri Feb 07, 2003 6:18 pm

I admit it may be very newbie question, but anyway...

What's the best use of Imperial Eye? How would you use it in MP, supposing that no especially drastic diplomatic actions were taken? Would you explore with newly-gained units, build new infrastructure (where?) or even conquer? Or would you just sit tight using Eye as a potential threat? I think I underestimate the power of this office and would be very greatful for your advice...

Furthermore, how to _defend_ (or 'be prepared' in other way) against Eye? In our current MP game (first in my life) Hawkwood is to take this office, and I have no foggiest idea how to prepare back on Kish...

Russell
Noble

Re: Imperial Eye

Postby Russell » Fri Feb 07, 2003 10:06 pm

In some of my games, we all agree to build up the ministries, and they become useful. If no one cares what I do with the eye, then I take DNA Assault legions and use them to clear out ruins for me, or to attack heavily fortified cities early on. I might build them a factory, fort, and starport on a small island on one of my own planets, that way I can use my resources to build with them while I know I can control them, and if I lose control, they won't have resources to get off the island :)

Phries
Tank commander

Postby Phries » Mon Feb 10, 2003 3:04 am

I use the eye to know my enemies strengths and if I go to war with someone I use them as a toe in the door. I often use them to weaken the other players, destroy a starport, fatory or so and then just pay off the player, cheaply, because they don't want a war right then.

woutergr
Fighter pilot

Postby woutergr » Thu Feb 13, 2003 7:35 pm

the biggest advantage of a ministry is that u can use 2 space stacks to attack or defend. 40 unitslots instead of 20... makes some difference to say the least.
If you have good allies and are confident that you'll keep the Eye for some elections to come you might want to build it up. That is.. if there is a ministry-dedicated planet. I wouldn't build any cities on your house world(s).
Using ministry units to clear ruins for house gain is frowned upon as it is abusing ministry resources. Wars have started over lesser issues :)
I can resist anything but temptation
-Oscar Wilde-

kirov
Assault Legionnaire

Postby kirov » Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:35 am

:eek:

Doesn't it come to the point that ministries are nearly useless at peace?

Return to “NOVA - how to play a better game”