New development of Symbiots?

About Nova, strategies and tactics

Moderator: Sukayo

Russell
Noble

New development of Symbiots?

Postby Russell » Sat Feb 15, 2003 3:27 am

I've been messing with .dat files once again, as my obssession of continuing Symbiot involvement in the game will never end. I have tried a lot of different things, but I have found this very successful...

If you change the Symbiot Reaver (strangely wasn't working with other units, though with the Minder it might), into the exact same thing as a pod ship, the Symbiots will build it, and use it, transporting units, building more, etc. The unit number of the reaver is #43 I believe, I did not have the same success with other units (though my first tries were in nova, then I was using EFS)

Now let's ask this. How many people here would be willing to give up the Symbiot Reaver unit, and get a pod ship, that the symbiots will build and use and continually expand? I certainly would...I'm not sure if this has been tried or discussed before...

Also, I tried having one symbiot unit (reaver) act as the pod ship, and another symbiot unit (butcher) to act as the grappler or blow ship, and the ships would both launch, but they'd fill up the space with 20 units and not transport off their own planet.

Also, the symbiot minder is built the least out of any unit, so maybe that could be used for a pod ship. I don't see a way to make the symbiots build both a transport unit, and offensive space unit, and use them the correct way. Perhaps give the pod ship a small attack?

Any other info people have had experimenting on this is welcome. Perhaps a change in nova could be made.

Also, I don't know how to change the unit pictures (just flc), how exactly does one go about doing that?

Russell
Noble

Re: New development of Symbiots?

Postby Russell » Sat Feb 15, 2003 4:17 am

Good to know there is some testing, perhaps if it turns out well, it can be incorporated into Nova.

A few questions...you used the minder for the spore ships, but when I use the combo of a symbiot transport/attack ship, they'll just sit up in space above their planet and not attack... :(

But the transport by itself always works fine.

Russell
Noble

Postby Russell » Sat Feb 15, 2003 6:33 am

Might check it out sometime...I've been trying to just have one hive, and no symbiot units, to see what they do. I've simply ended my turn over and over (for 150 turns!), and could not get the transport/attack ship to jump out of their space. :(

Sukayo
Noble

Postby Sukayo » Tue Feb 18, 2003 9:49 pm

In a current game (NOVA) i captured some of the symbiot units. That made my troops against rebel and ruins nearly fearless, and no losses occured since then.
So theire availability (ships) in ruins should be limited, here was a rule of ehat units appear in ruins. If i remeber right, only the 1st slot units are there, so it is hard to get the thing working in a way you like with the current EFS.

Return to “NOVA - how to play a better game”