House rules - two questions

About Nova, strategies and tactics

Moderator: Sukayo

kirov
Assault Legionnaire

House rules - two questions

Postby kirov » Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:45 am

Until now I have regarded House rules as complete, but now I have some doubts:

1. It's forbidden to attack League, Church and AI-controlled House and land on their planets in the same turn, to avoid easy grabbing of their ships. Why does this not extend to Vau? They have also some ships on the surface on Vril-Ya...

2. There's a bug that allows you to take a loan without paying any interest, and League doesn't seem to get any angry. Why it's not forbidden?

Maybe there's some very simple explanation, but I fail to notice it at the moment...

Cmdr_Adeon
Fighter pilot

Re: House rules - two questions

Postby Cmdr_Adeon » Wed Feb 19, 2003 5:16 am

1. I don't know

2. There is a catch-all rule (I think itas the last one) that forbids you from taking advantage of any bugs that you find in the game.
"There are some who call me........Tim" - Tim the Enchanter
"I think I'm funny, but I'm not" - me
"May you live in interesting time" - Anchient Chinese Curse

Sukayo
Noble

Re: House rules - two questions

Postby Sukayo » Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:35 am

Yes, some open things are left for the players to decide. In all games the house rules should be adjusted to the actual game (like selling maps to the Vau) and some sceanarios are having the Vau as a enemy (or must have target) from the very beginning.

The loan bug is known, and the reason for the last rule - the rules came out before all clitches were known to the more intensive players, but are well accepted. Therefor i like to keep them stable.

Return to “NOVA - how to play a better game”