Nova patching

About Nova, strategies and tactics

Moderator: Sukayo

Rincewind
Tank commander

Nova patching

Postby Rincewind » Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:10 pm

Can anybody tell me how to patch EFS to Nova 2.3?
I know unzip and all this stuff but should I patch EFS before with official path or something.
One more thing can you send me your PBEM save games i was trying to play before but during loading game state the program was quiting.

<small>[ 31.03.2003, 12:17: Message edited by: Rince ]</small>
It's Me! Ok who else can write anything under my post. A tak przy okazi panny, browar to jest to! Cala reszta? Jebac to!

Sukayo
Noble

Re: Nova patching

Postby Sukayo » Mon Mar 31, 2003 4:55 pm

Yes, you need to have the official EFS version 1.4 installed before you unzip Nova.
A savegame played in a modified version other than your will quit, mainly if the unit.dat file is different.

Rincewind
Tank commander

Postby Rincewind » Tue Apr 01, 2003 12:21 pm

Ok i downloaded this 1.4 patch. Should i run this dat_0527.exe and then patch with nova or leave it alone and copy nova files to their folders?
It's Me! Ok who else can write anything under my post. A tak przy okazi panny, browar to jest to! Cala reszta? Jebac to!

Sukayo
Noble

Postby Sukayo » Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:33 pm

the dat file contains only all original dat files, if you need to restore them. Apply the patch 1.4, after that unzip the Nova files with subdirs active.
If you like to have another patch for another game, keep a untouched EFS version, and copy that everytime in a new subdir (like Nova, Hyperion, PBEM1, ... - so you can have all needed patches installed.

Rincewind
Tank commander

Postby Rincewind » Wed Apr 02, 2003 8:50 am

Thnaks now i can start playing :) Can you send me one of your saved games from PBEM to check everything??

Return to “NOVA - how to play a better game”