Mike
Space Legionnaire

EFS Hyperion Beta I game started.

Postby Mike » Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:57 am

1. Li Halan (me)
2. Hazat (Matt)
3. Decados (Luka )
4. Hawkwood (Kosoy )
5. al-Malik (Krzys Dabrowski (4956-4666) / Tim Looney (4967) / Matt (4968-present))

Li Halan chose the following Traits (using the Hyperion Points Trait System):

Noblisse Oblige +4
Warrior Ethic +2
Enlightened Nobility +2
Administration +3

Disdains trade -2
Spendthrift -2
Insanity -2
Enemy in Church -1

Total = +4
I also managed to capture about half the cities on Kish, but lost a cybercorp doing so. The Church is in my hands. I have not made an arraingment on Queterand, but we will see how that goes.

<small>[ 02.08.2004, 06:53: Message edited by: Matt Caspermeyer ]</small>

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Re: EFS Hyperion Beta I game started.

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:41 am

Lord Tabor Denne of House Hazat picked the following Traits:

Warrior Ethic: +2
Battlemaster: +10
Inept Military Training: -3
Tyranny: -4
Spendthrift: -2
Disdains Trade: -2
Enemy in Church: -1
Total = +0

Did a good bit of capturing of cities on Aragon, approximately 90% of the cities were captured.

On Earth, the Battlemaster Noble took out some Rebel Partisans and the tough Farm stack southwest of the Palace (with the 3rd-Republic Enforcer), but lost a Guided Missile Frigate in the process. Also managed to secure a Mine to enable collection of Metal, Trace, and Gems.

On Schemadin, the Noble stack is preparing to attack and capture the Arborium. The Anti-Infantry Tanks are attempting to join up with some of the forces from the Palace. Rebellious units have been quelled and captured.

Advisors suggested an increase in taxes of 24% so that the House could make ends meet for this year.

Tabor Denne's advisors are suggesting caution when dealing with the other Houses.
Matt

Kosoy Glaz
Fighter pilot

Postby Kosoy Glaz » Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:05 am

Never wrote one of these before....this is my character ... I had to change it a little bit.

After the death of his father Prince Glaz, Prince Kosoy was crowned as the next leader of House Hawkwood. A young man in his early 20, he is unsure of his leadership position. To support him in his rule, there is a well established bureaucracy (Administration) and a vast array of intellectuals (Noble Scholars?). Before his fathers death, Kosoy was trained in all the arts of war (Battlemaster) and believes that his House needs to be prepared for any dangers in the future (Warrior Ethic). With all his work to rebuild his House, Prince Kosoy has turned his back on the religious ceremony and trade across his planets. (Enemy in Church and League, Anti-trade) and being raised by a strict father, Kosoy learned from young age not to spend his fortune on useless luxuries. (Spendthrift)
In his first year of rule, he was able to put down 90% of rebellious forces
with the Elite Hawkwood Airforce and claim a few other planets in the galaxy.

His future plans are unknown

:)

JL "Kosoy"

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:58 am

Year 4957 House Hazat

The capture of cities on Aragon have gone very well with most of the cities captured except for the island Rebel stronghold and the Fusorium district.

On Schmedin, the Battlemastered Blademaster Gardon-Blaze captured the Arborium and the elite Assault Legion force brought in the 8th Anti-Infantry Division as well as quelled a nearby Rebel Partisan uprising.

Throughout the rest of the galaxy, Prince Kosoy sent ripples through the known worlds as he declared both Araindor and Quentran as belonging to the Hawkwoods and war broke out between House Hawkwood and House al-Malik.

On Earth, a weakness in the organization of the Decados forces prompted the Battlemastered Noble Beholden Liit to take advantage capturing the Decados naval fleet, capturing their Sceptre, and attempting to defeat the Decados Noble forces, but alas the Decados proved to be superior and in the end, Beholden Liit's Guided Missile Cruiser was sunk with a loss of all hands aboard.

This does not bode well for the remaining Hazat forces, yet the battle between Decados on Earth is going to rage on...

Matt
Matt

Krzysiek
Infantery

Postby Krzysiek » Fri Oct 17, 2003 3:29 pm

Lord Kunley of House al-Malik:
battlemaster,
warrior ethic,
decadence,
insanity.

Y:4956/57:
Lord Kunley,insulted by the offer of Prince Kosoy started his reign by declaring war on the Hawkwoods. Araindor Garrison lead by Kunley's daughter Sumchok has gained control over many Hawkwood cities and the sceptor. However, the campaign has ended in 4957 with a bitter defeat when all combined forces surrenderd to Hawkwood armies commanded by one of their nobles. al-Malik hover-tank forces together with infantry support were greatly superior over few enemy legions but still after short battle they all fled and pledged loyalty to Prince Kosoy.
Army payment was not much lowered and so Kunley suspects that Sumchok betrayed him because of her secret affection to Prince Kosoy. Lord Kunley has already decided to forgive her foolishness. Her personal assets were given as a tribute for peace.
But Hawkwood's crimes were not forgotten.

On Byz.Sec. enemy has conducted some covert operations. Because of them al-Malik has temp. lost factory and university. On Istakhr and Earth we are still fighting rebellion. Unfortunately not much progress has been made.

With the current situation of the empire, noble houses unablt to cooperate, exhausting food suplies and symbiots advancing on the galaxy Kunley's future prediction is far from optimistic.

Krzys

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Sat Oct 18, 2003 6:37 pm

Year 4958 House Hazat

The counter attack of the Decados forces was quite effective at recapturing and destroying their former property. What Decados could not finish, the Rebels could - taking out the remaining Naval Cruiser with some orbital bombardment.

The remaining Hazat forces on Earth are preparing for their own counter attack while also having to be mindful of the continued Rebel presence on Earth.

Elsewhere in the galaxy...

On Aragon, the Fusorium district has been captured, leaving the island Rebel stronghold the only substantial remaining Rebel force.

On Schemadin, Gardon-Blaze captured another city, but now with Food supplies running dangerously low, he is devising plans to capture some of the outlying Farms so that the loyal populace and his legions will not starve to death. Near the Palace, some hidden Rebel Partisan forces were discovered and destroyed by the 8th Anti-Infantry division.

On Osquen, forces have been combined and the remaining space fleet has returned to Aragon to escape the arrival of an advanced Rebel Torpedo Bomber. All units on the surface are safe from orbital bombardment.

On Byzantium II, Decados attempted to attack the University with one of their Spies, but were unsuccessful in being able to damage the Cargo Plane there.

Hyperion Design note: this has already been changed in the unreleased Gamma: Spies and their upgrades now have Indirect, Air, Direct, and Close combat abilities. Also, I'm thinking that Ranged Space Submarines (Ballistic Submarine, Mini Missile Submarine, and Morph Missile Submarine) will also get an Air attack so that combat on Byzantium II is a reality before the Regency is claimed.
It is now going to be a major uphill battle from here as all other planets within the vicinity of Aragon are either Rebel strongholds or held by a Ministry.
Matt

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Fri Oct 24, 2003 5:08 am

House Hazat Year 4959:

The year of 4959 brought in a series of setbacks for House Hazat.

On Earth, an advanced Rebel Naval force attacked the Hazat Fort stronghold and devasted the remaining Hazat forces. Now Hazat's stay on Earth hangs by a thread.

On Byzantium II, a rebel task force of Spies, Assassins, Dopplegangers, Saboteurs, and Cyber Magi has systematically started attacking and capturing Hazat cities. This does not bode well for remaining on Byzantium II - evacuation is being considered.

Better luck on Schemadin as Battlemaster Blademaster Gardon Blaze captured some outlying Farms to at least get the Food supply back in the surplus. Famine hangs in the balance, though, and Gardon Blaze is hopeful that it can be avoided.

On Aragon, an advanced Rebel space fleet (with at least 2 Cadiz-class ships) has jumped in sending everyone under cover of the shield or PTS defensive units to help deter orbital bombardment. All other plans are on hold as everyone awaits what the Rebels are going to do next.

On Osquen, Food is in very short supply and so no more cities can be captured until the Food supply is increased. All units there are healing from injury and trying to hold out until enough surplus Food is available to build up the planet.

Dialog between the other Houses has been mysteriously quiet and so it is uncertain as to their intent.

House Hazat looks with trepidation on the future.

Matt
Matt

Oktebrina
Tank commander

Postby Oktebrina » Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:16 am

The year 4958-4959

In the year 4958, the Hawkwood forces were finally able to attain complete control of Delphi. Same year, Prince Kosoy ordered the Delphi Imperial Air-force as well as the supporting mechanized brigades to advance on the Church hub. Hawkwood forces were victorious, but the Church has declared war on House Hawkwood.

On Araindor, Duke Tvorog accepted the Al-Malik tribute for peace. Unfortunately, Lord Kunley, was unwilling to return to House Hawkwood its rightful property, so the Duke was forced to take them by force. In stead of peacefully surrendering the last fortification on the planet, the Al-Malik forces were disbanded and the officers corps were forced to commit suicide. The Hawkwood forces entered the fort without firing a single shot. In the year 4959, the Church sent an advanced fleet to Araindor...the Hawkwood forces are digging in for a bitter battle which will most likely have negative results for the Royal house.

On Isenius,
Upon receiving a request for assistance from House Decados, a brigade of loyal partisans under the leadership of Duke Smetana, attacked and destroyed three Rebel Partisan companies that were advancing on the Decados palace. A company of Hawkwood engineers was assigned the task of razing the lab complex after the victory.
Unfortunately for the inhabitants on Isenius, there seems to be a large grouping of the Rebel Air-force just south of the palace. Only time will tell the future on Isenius.

On Byzantium II an accident destroyed the last Laboratory of House Hawkwood. The loss of all knowledge is a catastrophic setback for Prince Kosoy's future plans.

On Earth, the Hawkwood Imperial Air-force under the command of Duke Moloko, were victorious in destroying a large part of the Rebel Air-force, taking captive three Rebel pilots and their planes. Duke Moloko was also victorious against a small convoy of Rebel ships and a large battalion of mechanized artillery near the Church.
The final target of the Moloko forces was the fort controlled by an Al-Malik noble. Once again, the Hawkwood forces were victorious and the whole Al-Malik garrison surrendered and offered to pledge allegiance to House Hawkwood.

On the political front, Prince Kosoy is pondering the upcoming elections. Being the most likely candidate to win the elections, the decision of whom shall receive the honor of controlling the three ministries is still in the air.

The future is very uncertain for all the royal houses.

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Sat Nov 08, 2003 3:57 am

House Hazat Year 4961:

On Earth, our forces have been defeated by House Decados. It is a sad day for the Hazat as once again our presence on Earth has been removed. However, we vow to set foot on Earth in the near future.

On Osquen, our Special Forces Legion is continuing to play cat-and-mouse with the Rebel forces out in the wilderness.

On Aragon, capture of the Rebel stronghold on the island has proceeded quite well. There is the problem of assaulting the remaining rebel forces with a Hover Destroyer sitting in the Well on the island, however. That is the last Rebel city to capture save a few Labs here and there. The Church has also taken the initiative and captured a few Rebel cities. I do not wish to take on the Church to capture these cities at this juncture.

On Schemadin, Gardon-Blaze has captured the last remaining Rebel Farm. However, Food is still in very short supply and so now it is a matter of being careful not to use any more Food or there is going to be a serious shortage and famine to follow.

On Byanztium II, we were able to recapture some of the structures that the Rebels captured, however, there are a few structures that we cannot recapture due to being unable to attack the Rebel forces and be able to damage them.

The elections will be coming up soon and there has not been much dialogue to determine who is going to become Regent or handle the Ministries.

Times are tough for House Hazat.

Matt
Matt

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Fri Dec 12, 2003 5:38 am

House Hazat Year 4962:

Peaceful relations have resumed with House Decados.

Over Aragon, an advanced Rebel Space fleet has decimated our entire space fleet. This leaves Aragon defenseless against an invading space fleet.

On Osquen and Schemadin, Food and Metal is scarce and so we are adjusting our priorities to maximize output of those two resources such that Engineers may be built to improve the wellfare of those two planets.

On Byzantium II, we are attempting to recapture the University captured by the Rebels, but insufficient forces are present to do so.

With the loss of our space fleet, we are now bringing in a nice surplus of Firebirds, and so that is one positive spin on the continued hardship that our House faces.

Matt
Matt

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:06 am

House Hazat Year 4963:

Political Intrigue has reached an all-time high.

House al-Malik attacked and razed Hawkwood's Palace on Delphi. Without a reliable income source, House Hawkwood has asked for help in dealing with their Firebird issues.

House Hazat has decided to come to the aid of House Hawkwood by offering Firebirds in exchange for protection.

I managed to launch one of our Bulk Haulers to Osquen with 2 Engineers aboard. I hope they are successful in landing on the planet to begin construction of a much needed industry on that planet.

On Schemadin, we are marshalling our forces to eliminate the remaining pockets of Rebel resistance. The battle from the planet is far from over, but I believe the momentum has shifted in our favor.

On Aragon, there is one remaining city under Rebel control - the Well guarded by the Hover Destroyer. Unfortunately, since our Starbase was destroyed, I have no way of bombarding the stalwart vessel from orbit to weaken it. So I'll have to assault the vessel directly on the ground - not an easy task.

The elections draw near and Lord Comar is the front runner candidate for election.

I fear, though, with the hostilities between House Hawkwood and al-Malik, that granting either of those Houses a Ministry would be a grave mistake as I fear they will use them to exact retribution upon each other.

Matt
Matt

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:47 pm

House Hazat Year 4966:

Lord Kosoy of House Hawkwood has been declared the Regent. Ministry plans are unknown.

House Hazat's monetary aid to House Hawkwood is no longer needed, however, Hawkwood still offering protection.

Engineers on Osquen have been very helpful with building up roads on Osquen to aid in transporting units around the planet. Also we have decided to disband the 3 Naval Cruisers and use their resources to build another Engineer.

On Schemadin, I have managed to capture a Mine and Well and so all that is needed is a Chemicals plant to enable production of forces up through SP Artillery. Hoping to capture an Electronics plant in the near future as well.

We managed to slip some forces past a 24% Healthy Cybermorph Cadiz Dreadnought to Mythos. Not sure if forces are sufficient to capture any cities, but will see how planetfall goes next year.

On Aragon, we are attempting to build up our Food production capability as we are still in high demand of purchasing Food from the League every year.

We'll see what Lord Kosoy's plans are for Regent in the following year.

Matt
Matt

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:20 am

House Hazat Year 4967:

Lord Kosoy has assigned the Ministries as follows:

Li Halan - Stigmata Garrison
Decados - Imperial Eye
Hawkwood - Imperial Fleet

On Osquen, road building has continued in ernest and we've also built a Chemicals Plant.

On Schemadin we managed to capture a Chemicals Plant so that we can start to build better units in Forts and Factories.

On Mythos we made planetfall and managed to capture quite a few Rebel Partisans and the Battlemastered Blademaster Gardon-Blaze took on 2 Rangers and a Rebel Partisan single-handedly, routing a Ranger and Rebel Partisan but was seriously injured in the attack (5% Health!). I think we've managed to capture enough units and sit in the Hospital such that the advanced Naval Hover units don't come around and smash us. Only time will tell, but if they attack, we're doomed!

On Aragon, our dependency on the League continues with the purchase of more Food this year.

I've sent in a request to Lord Kosoy, the Minister of the Imperial Fleet, to aid in clearing Rebels above Schemadin and Osquen. We'll see if he agrees.

Matt
Matt

Looney
Fighter pilot

Postby Looney » Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:30 am

Matt,
If you wouldn't mind... I lost your email address, could you post it or email me it.
Thanks
-NBR
Some people think good graphics make a good game. Good people think good graphics only make a good game better.

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:37 am

Matt

Return to “Hyperion”