Hyperion Gamma Released!

A very good patch

Moderator: Matt Caspermeyer

lordmoore
Space Legionnaire

Re: Hyperion Gamma Released!

Postby lordmoore » Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:22 am

<This should be more scientific than my WAG's, but I'm still looking into a planetary assessment tool to aid in the estimation of planetary harvesting / production capabilities so that I can assess harvesting and production on a galactic scale.>

Hey Matt...
If you want I can't take a look at whipping up something to do this...but you'll have to provide more detail on what you need.

Side Note:
I haven't had a chance to re-load EFS on my system yet (re-formatted the hard drive a while back) so I can't take a look at your changes...they sound good though. I'll try to provide some feedback before the weeks out.
Enemies strengthen you.
Allies weaken.
I tell you this in the hope that it will help you understand why I act as I do in full knowledge that great forces accumulate in my Empire but with one wish--the wish to destroy me.

cy387_lk
Vau Ambassador

Postby cy387_lk » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:48 am

Matt, do you have time for the last Hyp1.4 update test? :) I mean to play it in calm. Of course if you are about to a new break-through we could wait. Seems like there will be no game with these Russian guys, and I'm free to fully check your new creation out.
Do I like science fiction? Sure! But only a bad one!...
("Tales of Pirx The Pilot" after Stanislaw Lem)

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:09 am

Lordmoore:

Hey - sounds great. I was looking at the source code for Mitchell's EFS Editor and he has a placeholder for creating a tool to analyze planetary data.

Basically, it is a matter of deciphering the tile numbers that are saved in the galaxy file, reading in the harvest *.DAT files, PROD.DAT, and then estimating planetary potential.

If you're interested, I can post the latest EFS Editor source code up on my website and maybe you can figure out how to add a plug-in (or whatever) to the EFS Editor so that it can be one of the menu items (i.e. analyze planet X for harvesting / production potential). It would be cool if it could then give a Cyclotron / Wetware planetary rating at a user specified Loyalty.

Boris:

I'll post a message in the opponents wanted section for testers for Hyperion Gamma PBEM games. These won't be standard PBEM games so I'm not sure if anyone will be interested, but we'll see...

Matt
Matt

bfkeil
Infantery

Postby bfkeil » Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:29 pm

Matt -

I would also be interested in the source code to the editor... I have been working on a set of (python) tools to process all the data files, and I have no idea where to start with the .GAL files. If anyone is interested in some scripts to turn all the .BIN files in to BMPs, then I'll post those somewhere as well.

Take care,
Ben.

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:35 am

A new Hyperion Gamma update has been released!

The only changes are to two galaxies - the Fulcrum and Spartan galaxies.

More information in their respective topics:

Spartan:

http://www.kborek.cz/forum/NonCGI/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=000175

Fulcrum:

http://www.kborek.cz/forum/NonCGI/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=000179

Matt
Matt

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:50 am

A New Hyperion Gamma has been released!

Changes:

UNIT.DAT:
</font>
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Flagship Artisans now generate a small amount of income</font></li>
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Royal House Standards and Statues of the Prophets are not loadable anymore (was a bug)</font></li>
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Space Frigate class is no longer loadable at levels 3 or 4.</font></li>
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Tweaked Hover Battleship accuracies</font></li>
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Increased Plague Bomb and Alien Phage Device Agility while decreasing their Armor to make them harder to hit and capture.</font></li>
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Alien Phage Devices are too unstable to load aboard transports and therefore are not transportable.</font></li>
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
UNITRULZ.DAT:
Changed Amphibious units so that they are easier to place with the Galaxy Editor.

I think that is it, there might be a few map changes, too.

Matt
Matt

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:11 am

New Hyperion Gamma Released!

See above about how to get it...

Only change is the fix to DAMAGE.DAT where it was missing the first row of the damage tables meaning that 10% of the time when a unit hit, it did 0 damage no matter what the attack ratio was.

With this fix, the damage table is now complete and so damage should behave more normally.

Matt
Matt

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:35 pm

Hey, by the way, if you downloaded the Hyperion Gamma dated 08JAN05, then you need to redownload the one dated 10JAN05 since I goofed up on my auto-generated DAMAGE.DAT and forgot to test it.

It was basically being read in as all 0's and so combat would always produce an infinite loop - whoops!

So please download the version dated 10JAN05 - sorry about that!

Matt
Matt

Return to “Hyperion”