Hyperion Gamma Released!

A very good patch

Moderator: Matt Caspermeyer

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Hyperion Gamma Released!

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Mon May 24, 2004 7:28 am

I've just put the latest Hyperion V1.4 Gamma up on my website!

Go here to get it:

http://www.twarriors.com/~hyperion/downloads.html

There are a great many changes, and so I am going to organize them into several different posts to try to cover all the changes and provide more specific details as to what is different and why.

Matt
Matt

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Re: Hyperion Gamma Released!

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Tue May 25, 2004 1:50 am

I have uploaded a new fix that sets the Cargo Pod movement type to Hover and its Movement Rate to 1. The Relic had the same change, but its Movement Rate is 32.

See above about how to download it!

Matt
Matt

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Tue May 25, 2004 2:53 am

More minor changes:

Some units in the same unit class had the same movement. Since they are in the same movement class, this can be confusing for players to determine which unit is which when looking at the stack screen (in the upper left when clicking on stacks on the map).

The following list of units had the same movement rate in the same movement class. The unit with a "*" had its movement changed to so that you can distinguish units in the same stack (I also made sure that when I changed it, it didn't become the same as another unit in the same class):

*Fanatics and Heavy Infantry Legions
Vau Dreadnoughts and *Juggernauts
*Holy Warriors and Suicide Jump Bombers
*Vau Guards and Cyber Mechs
Heavy Grappler Mechs and *Imperial Assault Mechs
Power Armor Legions and *Light Anti-Air Mechs

Cloaking Space Destroyer had the wrong technology requirements, these have now been fixed. This was causing it to have the same movement as the Cybermorph Space Destroyer.

Heavy Infantry Legions and League Security Droids had their nicknames swapped mistakenly and I've now fixed this.

Okay, that looks like it for now!

Matt
Matt

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Sat May 29, 2004 2:00 am

Okay, I've just release another update!

See above how to get it.

I raised the Agility of Foot units by +2 to help them be hit 10% less. This seems to make it much better.

I haven't looked into the money-generating issues on Unit Upkeep yet to see if it is causing a problem with making the Unit Pay positive, but I'll look into that for my next update.

I also tweaked a few combat abilities here and there (like Rebel Soldier Legions and Rebel Partisan's Direct Attack Strength was swapped with their Indirect Attack Strength and the Accuracy of some Air unit weaponry went up a touch).

Otherwise, things are looking really good!

Matt
Matt

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:07 am

Another update has been release!

See above about how to get it and this post for the latest changes:

http://www.kborek.cz/forum/NonCGI/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=000168

Matt
Matt

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:36 am

I've release another Gamma update!

See above about how to get it.

More unit tweaking:

Clergy - added very weak Close
Fanatics - added Indirect
Power Hover Tank - Close Accuracy was incorrect, now it has been fixed.
Stealth / Morph Hover Tanks - Close Accuracy tweaked just a bit.
Stealth / Morph Hover Anti-Air - Close Accuracy tweaked just a bit.

Adjusted some of the movement values in TERRCOST.DAT just a bit.

That's it!

Matt
Matt

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:54 pm

New update available!

See above about how to get it...

Changes:

UNIT.DAT

Fortification - added Direct and Close Attack
PTS Fortification - added Close Attack
PTS Missile, Laser, Meson, Beam - added Close Attack

The above changes makes these units more powerful and resistant to high-agility Foot units.

Clergy, Dervish, Warlock, Cyber Mage - increased Agility and added Close Attack (for the Dervishes, Warlocks, and Cyber Mages as Clergy had a Close Attack added during the last update).

Also changed the Corinthian Galaxy - see this post for changes:

http://www.kborek.cz/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=000173#000006

Also made a change to the EFSHYP.EXE - see this post for changes:

http://www.kborek.cz/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=000169#000002

That's it for now!

Matt
Matt

Kargard
Assault Legionnaire

Postby Kargard » Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:32 pm

I got some time lately Matt.I can help with testing.Want any galaxy in particular that need's testing?I dont really care myself..

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:45 am

Kargard:

I'm not sure if anyone has tried the Hyperion versions of the Fulcrum or Rebellion galaxies those might be neat ones to test.

Be sure to download the latest Hyperion Gamma (dated today) before you start with any of the others.

Matt
Matt

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:05 am

Okay, I've released another update to Hyperion - see above about how to get it...

Changes:

UNIT.DAT

Minor tweaks to Fanatics, Snipers, Anti-Infantry Tank unit class, Assault Tanks, and Shock Assault Tanks. I also changed the technology requirements of Assault Tanks such that there is more separation between the acquisition of Shock Medium Tanks and Assault Tanks. The statistic tweaks on Assault Tanks / Shock Assault Tanks were to differentiate them slightly more from Medium Tanks / Shock Medium Tanks (i.e. Assault Tanks are slightly more superior than Shock Medium Tanks except for movement).

Rebel Partisans were supposed to be able to be built from (captured) Rebel Soldier Legions, but I must have mistakenly taken that out. Now Rebel Soldier Legions can be upgraded to Rebel Partisans again.

MINE.DAT:

Doubled the harvesting collection of Trace. Let's see how this goes. I actually think that the harvesting of Trace the way it was before was okay, but I figured I'd allow more collection so that players can build more Chemical Plants (and hence other production facilities as well). This change is experimental so we'll see how it goes.

EFS.INI:

Changed the amount of Firebirds the League declares the Third Republic from 150K to 200K. The League is much more important now as players should sell their excess resources so that they are able to earn enough money to sustain their units with acceptable city taxes and unit pay.

Changed city heal rate from 6 to 25. This is so that new cities achieve full production in 2 turns rather than 9.

Increased Shield radius from 1 to 2. This is an experiment. Actually, I was thinking that it would be fun to expand the radius of the Shield as the game progresses or to set the radius to the Epoch you are playing (might be neat).

I also updated the HOriginal, Spartan, and Random19FEB01 galaxies, see their respective topics for changes there.

Matt
Matt

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:13 am

New Hyperion Update!

Changes:

UNIT.DAT

Income Generators are back! Now that I understand how the Unit Pay works, there is nothing wrong with have -- in the Unit Pay field. There is one rule, though, you are not allowed to increase Unit Pay over 100%. If you happen to lose expensive units and your unit pay goes to unit income, then that is okay so long as you don't increase the Loyalty of your income generators over 100%

This change affects: Cargo Planes, Hover Trucks, Space Freigthers, Bulk Haulers, Transport Class Flagships, Freight Haulers, and Amphibious Transports.

Income from Flagship Engineers was doubled. Income from Transport Class Flagships is now FULL (i.e. 1000+ Firebird income).

Unit tweaks:

Space Fighters / Space Torpedo Bomber unit classes: +2 Agility
Space Raider unit class Space weaponry Accuracy increased to match Space Torpedo Bomber class Agility. Also Space weaponry Attack Strength increased.

Space Frigate / Space Destroyer Attack Strengths matched to Level 2-4 Space Ships (increase in Attack Strength).

Space Marine unit class: +1 Agility.

That's it!

Matt
Matt

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:26 pm

New Hyperion Update!

MINE.DAT:

</font>
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Doubled Mountain Gems harvesting.</font></li>
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Increased Gems harvesting for Hills to be the same on Normal, Ice, and Jungle as City and double for Barren.</font></li>
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> That's it!

This change allows planets to be able to support more Cyclotrons, the real limiter when it comes to production. In fact, I'm going to start rating planets by the number of Cyclotrons it can support. For example, in the Corinthian Galaxy, Earth is at least a 3 Cyclotron planet (I might be able to squeeze 4 out of it) so its rating is either a 3 or 4.

This change also allows players to sell more surplus resources to the League - an excellent way to generate income throughout the game until the League declares the 3rd Republic. With the previous change in EFS.INI that requires the League to gather 200K Firebirds before declaring the 3rd Republic (roughly 100 years into the game), the League is now more entwined with a House's success.

Matt
Matt

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:01 pm

New Hyperion Update!

See above about how to get it!

Just some minor tweaks in UNIT.DAT:

Space Torpedo Bombers now have a Rank of 0 (and all other space units have had their Rank reduced by 1).
Cargo units now have a Rank of 9 instead of 8.

Tweaked the statistics of the Grappler Mech to make it a 2 turn upgrade instead of 3 (lowered movement from 12 to 11).
Tweaked the statistics of Hover Tanks and Hover Anti-Air Guns so that they take 2 turns to build instead of 1.
Increased the Armor of Anti-Air unit class (i.e. Anti-Air Gun, Hover Anti-Air Gun, etc.).
Increased the movement rate of the amphibious naval ship classes by +5 for their Level 1 equivalent units (Level 2 and 3 unit's increase is a bit more).
Tweaked amphibious naval ship Attack Strengths and Accuracies.
Adjusted the statistics of the Amphibious Aircraft Carrier to make it take 10 turns to build instead of 11.

On my Hyperion website, I updated the Unit Statistic listings in the <a href="http://www.twarriors.com/~hyperion/reference.html">Hyperion Reference Section</a> to sort the units by Unit Score and Rank instead of appearance in the UNIT.DAT file.

That's it!

I'm very pleased by how everything is going with the Gamma, it is my best release to date!

Matt
Matt

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:45 pm

New Hyperion Update!

See above about how to get it.

Mostly the changes are with respect to harvesting and production. That is the next area I am tweaking.

Because everything is linked, by adjusting the production facility values, unit upkeep has changed (it has gone down quite a bit).

Changes:

PROD.DAT:
Changes to most production facility resource requirements and production.

RES.DAT:
Resource prices have changed due to changes in PROD.DAT. The changes have caused the prices of Monopols, Wetware, and Singularities to decrease.

UNIT.DAT
Infantry and Heavy Infantry have more armor.
Slight changes in the attack abilities of some space ships
Space Fighters and Space Torpedo Bombers have slightly more armor. This change makes them take 3 turns to build now.
Symbiot Reavers and Butchers are tougher.
Any linked statistics to these changes have also changed.

I think that's about it!

I'm going to concentrate on harvesting and production of resources so any comments in this area will be greatly appreciated!

Matt
Matt

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:47 am

Another new update has been released!

More finkling with harvesting information. Thanks to Ash Catchem's comments, I was able to create a simple resource estimater for a 4.10 (4 Cyclotron / 10 Wetware Plant) planet and devise some formulas to roughly gestimate resource harvesting.

This should be more scientific than my WAG's, but I'm still looking into a planetary assessment tool to aid in the estimation of planetary harvesting / production capabilities so that I can assess harvesting and production on a galactic scale.

Now ARBORIUM.DAT, FARM.DAT, MINE.DAT, and WELL.DAT are autogenerated from being able to support 4.10 planets.

I've also increased the Metal usage of all units by 1.5, but altered the formulas so that this does not add any time to unit production. I also halved Monopol unit material requirements, but also altered the formulas so that this does not decrease any time for unit production.

I also fiddled with resource production once more, this is again an experiment. Let's see how this goes. The harvesting / production is basically the next area I'm concentrating on balancing.

I also updated the Corinthian Galaxy:

http://www.kborek.cz/forum/NonCGI/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=000173

and the HOriginal galaxy:

http://www.kborek.cz/forum/NonCGI/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=000176

Matt
Matt

Return to “Hyperion”