Galaxy Editor Update

A very good patch

Moderator: Matt Caspermeyer

Galaxy Editor Update

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 28, 2000 2:28 am

Mitchell has been working quite a bit on this in the past few weeks, so I figured I'd give another update.<p>Mitchell is now able to read in the entire file and has the capability of displaying the star map, a list of the jumpgates, a list of the planets, and a list of all the units in the map.<p>He sent me an update with this capability and I have to say that it has a lot of potential for the tasks that I want to be able to do with the editor.<p>I'm actually going to be helping with writing some of the routines to read in the *.DAT files so that the editor with be independent of the patch used and be able to use this information for certain features I'd like to see implemented. As this is going to be new for me, I hope to learn a lot about programming in C/C++ during the next several weeks.<p>I'm not sure what kind of timetable there is going to be for getting it into a form suitable for public use, but he seems to be making a lot of progress right now.<p>I'm hoping he'll have the unit swapping capability finished soon so that I can parse the Corinthian and Hyperionized Original Galaxies and put those out.<p>If you have ideas for a galaxy, there is no reason why you can't start constructing ones on paper in preparation for when the editor is finished. Also, adding planets, jumpgates, and planet terrain with the current editor is not too bad, so if you have ideas you can go ahead and implement them. As far as adding units and cities, I'm hoping that we can do a lot better job in this area than the current editor. Plus making large scale changes on existing maps with respect to units and cities is going to be another primary concern.<p>If you have anything you want to see in the editor, be sure to post them.<p>Matt

Return to “Hyperion”