Hyperion Corinthian Galaxy - Comments

A very good patch

Moderator: Matt Caspermeyer

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Re: Hyperion Corinthian Galaxy - Comments

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:51 pm

It's included in the latest Hyperion Gamma download on my website.

Matt

P.S. This is how I do all the galaxy updates for right now.
Matt

Mind Elemental
Space Legionnaire

Postby Mind Elemental » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:17 am

Hi Matt,

There's a Hawkwood R27.3 on the northern continent on Isenias, next to the farm. :)

Mind Elemental
Space Legionnaire

Postby Mind Elemental » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:24 am

Hazat have another one in the starport on Schemadin. They also have 3 Special Operations Craft immediately south, that need to be converted to SP Artillery.

Stryke11
Infantery

Postby Stryke11 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:17 am

I just began playing the Corinthian galaxy. I beat the original galaxy and was pleasantly suprised by the starting conditions of Corinthian, especially having two houses with troops and cities on other planets besides the capitals. I am using the latest Hyperion.

I was playing Hawkwood and having a lot of fun. The Church was giving me some trouble and I was at a standstill in tech because of it, but I owned the palace and drove off the enemy houses in the two worlds (besides Delphi) Hawkwood had a presence in. I lost everything on Earth in the first ten turns or so (as did everyone else). I bunched all my troops together in the fort they started in, but they were eventually massacred.

Still, the game was going along great, challenging and fun, until, I was given the Imperial Eye ministry. Before that I had had the fleet a couple of times and the Stigmata garrison a couple of times, and appearantly in that time, whichever computer players were in charge of the IE completely dominated every planet they were on but mine (Delphi). Once I got the ministry I notice both Hazat and Al-Malik were down to just their palaces, with IE controlling everything else. IE also ruled 90% of Kish. The only computer house that managed to fight them off somewhat was Decados.

Has anyone else noticed that the IE seems a tad overpowered in the single player game, or was mine just an anamoly? I eventually just gave up as as long as I controlled the IE I could dominate everyone, and if they took it away from me whoever had it would then dominate. It was very unbalanced. I don't think the correct role of the IE is to dominate house homeworlds, restricting the nobles to house arrest within their palaces.

UnFleshedOne
Fighter pilot

Postby UnFleshedOne » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:00 am

I lost everything on Earth in the first ten turns or so (as did everyone else).
Ha! I was playing Hazat (it was supposed to be hardest one, I recall) and I conquered the earth without any reinforcements from my other worlds :p

Ever heard of technique called "tactical retreat"?
Open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.

UnFleshedOne
Fighter pilot

Postby UnFleshedOne » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:09 am

BTW, in my game only Li Halan was reduced to home arrest by IE. I thought that was anomaly. But it may be because I controlled IE most of the time and spent most of its forces fighting church and exploring ruins...

Stryke11
Infantery

Postby Stryke11 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:18 pm

Actually, in my game Hazat was the last to fall on Earth, so maybe just on that planet they have a slight edge.

Tactical retreat to where? I assumed defending a fort would be better than being attacked in open ground...Hawkwood is located in NE United States, nowhere much to go to.

I noticed IE in Original galaxy never ever left their fort, and if they did it was just one or two scouting armies, they never conquered anything.

I love EFS but (and this is not Corintian related, but more Original) it's frustrating because it's so perfect and yet so flawed :) I read a few of the posts on the community rewrite but I guess that never got off the ground. I think I'm gonna write Holistic and tell them that if they made a new EFS type game with the same charm of the original but more customizable and more polished that I would definitely buy it. They have a book out about the Vuldrok Star nation and that would the be a good premise for an expanded EFS universe where you have the noble houses and the "barbarians," more worlds, etc.

Anyways, back on topic, I'd like to edit Cortinthian in the slightest way possible so that the enemy houses are strong but the church and ministries (especially IE) not so much. Anyone have any ideas on how someone with little modding knowledge can pul that off, or better yet, has anyone modified their own in a way they prefer...I'd love to give them a go.

Thanks!

UnFleshedOne
Fighter pilot

Postby UnFleshedOne » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:31 pm

OFF TOPIC

Didn't I post here yesterday?
If I did and was out moderated just say so (and delete this one too). Or is it lost somewhere? (I'm loosing my sence of reality :eek: )

Shocker
Noble

Postby Shocker » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:53 pm

You assume that you had one to begin with :-)
Long Live EFS!

UnFleshedOne
Fighter pilot

Postby UnFleshedOne » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:16 pm

Yeah. It is very unstable, and such things tend to shatter it for a while :) .

Return to “Hyperion”