Hyperion Spartan Galaxy - Comments

A very good patch

Moderator: Matt Caspermeyer

Tiberius
Assault Legionnaire

Re: Hyperion Spartan Galaxy - Comments

Postby Tiberius » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:54 am

I'm sure that the units Matt alters will be changed to appropriate units. As for the value of conquering a planet it depends on what resources are there. Sure it's nice to capture units but in general or at least in the past the strategic position of the planet and the resources on it have been of more significance than the units that can be captured on it. That is of course excluding the church homeworld and the league homeworld.

Personally I like to see who can develop quickly and take up strategic positions more than quick power grabs from the church and league. Sure the game takes longer but its also much more interesting.

Igor
Space Legionnaire

Postby Igor » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:59 am

Planets on which these ships are located, are absolutely useless in the strategic attitude and besides at them in an orbit the huge fleet of rebels hangs. Only the loony will lose hundreds soldier to grasp an insignificant planet. The best galaxy - Horiginal if on it to strengthen protection of Church and League up to a level of protection in galaxy Spartan. If Matt can make it quickly I shall be very grateful to it for it and we can begin on this map. Or I suggest Rebellion, only it is necessary a little correct her as there is strange "reserved" units.

lordmoore
Space Legionnaire

Postby lordmoore » Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:55 pm

Its suppose to be a big investment to assault and control another planet. Minerals, troops, equipment...we are talking about forcefully taking a planet and enslaving the planet. People tend to find this unpleasant.
I like the fact that its difficult to capture units. And capturing space units should be very difficult. To bad you can't limit space ship captures to special force type units(or spys).
Enemies strengthen you.
Allies weaken.
I tell you this in the hope that it will help you understand why I act as I do in full knowledge that great forces accumulate in my Empire but with one wish--the wish to destroy me.

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:31 am

Well, it looks like I already made the changes that Tiberius mentioned, but I forgot to export the Galaxy from Mitch's EFS Editor and include it in my last update.

So let me go do that (along with the minor Fulcrum update I've made...).

Matt
Matt

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:08 am

Okay, I have a new Gamma update on my website that has the updated Spartan Galaxy (as well as Fulcrum Galaxy).

I basically had already implemented all of Tiberius' comments but forgot to include it in my last update.

I think this galaxy is ready for the test phase, so we'll hopefully be play testing this soon.

Let me know if you find any other inconsistencies or flaws!

Thanks for the comments!

Matt
Matt

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:57 am

Gentlemen:

I have executed my role as moderator of the Hyperion forum to clean up this topic and to remove all off-topic posts not related to improving the Spartan Galaxy.

I really hate doing this and maybe I have overstepped by bounds, but nonetheless, we had drifted way off topic.

Please keep posts in this topic directly related to improving the Spartan Galaxy and any other non-relevant information post somewhere else.

The same holds true on any of the other Hyperion topics - please stay focused on the topic at hand and there is simply no excuse for using obscene language. I simply will not permit it.

Let me finally state this, I have a deep respect for everyone's comments and I want to encourage people to post their ideas no matter how far out or absurd they might be, but let's try to help each other out and improve things the best we can.

I know I can't do it alone and I really need your help so that we can make it better for everyone - thanks!

Matt
Matt

Igor
Space Legionnaire

Postby Igor » Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:22 am

Matt! Thanks for wing10exe. Now all works. Now I completely change Horiginal when I shall stop I shall work reptile Spartan. Ruslan now changes Rebellion. When we shall stop, we shall send you result as all the same there are problems with artisan units.

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:04 am

Belsauron:

I'm glad you got it working!

If you and Ruslan could do me a favor and keep track of the changes (I know, I know, I'm bad at tracking changes, too) you make to each galaxy it will help me in assessing the changes you've done to determine if I want to use yours in the Hyperion ZIP releases rather than mine.

Also, I'm not sure if you started with the latest galaxies from what I released just a few days ago, but it may make sense to check to see which version you went off of (there is not really an official version, but if you list the date of the HYP14G.ZIP file, that will at least get me a ballbark of what changes I may have made that you didn't get - hopefully you got them all and there is nothing to worry about).

Have fun with editing the galaxies, and don't forget the power of Mitch's editor when you want to make global changes.

Lastly, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Matt
Matt

Victorius
Infantery

Postby Victorius » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:15 pm

On spartan map In 5098-5099 year, on symbiot turn the game has "freez" (game work but symbiot not move), I do not know what happened, please help!

ps
Mat I can give you that savegame (206 KB), just say me your mail address (casperm4@home.com not work). :mad:

Gregory
Infantery

Postby Gregory » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:30 pm

I am a new member who recently just found the game and the experience holds more potential than all other games I have played prior. Could somebody explain what the Spartan Galaxies is trying to accomplish as I am an ignorant Canadian. I would like to get involved in any system decelopment for I am now a junky of this game.

Sukayo
Noble

Postby Sukayo » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:33 pm

From the Hyperion download page:
Spartan Galaxy - a modification of Troy Schuler's Trojan Galaxy that makes single player games much more challenging.

The Trojan Galaxy was the 1st galaxy playable and made with the editor. The spartan version is for Hyperion, w/ more rebel forces.

Return to “Hyperion”