Hyperion HOriginal Galaxy - Comments

A very good patch

Moderator: Matt Caspermeyer

Tainted Pikachu
Fighter pilot

Re: Hyperion HOriginal Galaxy - Comments

Postby Tainted Pikachu » Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:08 am

add fortifications to starting labs, because the ai-s ability to lose those, and all techs is amazing.

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:00 pm

I think Inquisitors will mow through Fortifications, but PTS Fortifications may be a different story.

Matt
Matt

Tainted Pikachu
Fighter pilot

Postby Tainted Pikachu » Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:04 pm

inquisition is another issue, in all my games played with hyperion 1.4gamma and the horiginal14 galaxy, the li halan and the hawkwood ALWAYS lose their homeworld labs to local rebels in a matter of few turns.

since the games AS fails to compensate, a bit of natural intelligence is neccessary to fix the issue...

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:07 am

Updated HOriginal Galaxy for 25AUG04 Hyperion Gamma Release.

Actually, I don't think I updated it, as it seemed like the Holy Terra and Leagueheim spaceships were being protected by a few tough units. I can't remember if I did any teeny tiny tweaks, so I saved and exported it anyway just in case.

I need to address the AI Lab issue in a future update. Also, let me know if the Church or League AI is landing their spaceships in unguarded cities or if they are vulnerable, but from what I can see they look like they are somewhat defended.

I haven't assessed the starting units of each side, so maybe it is possible a Battlemastered Noble with a sufficient force can take out 2 Cybercorp and 2 League Security Droids (the typical defender forces). I was thinking maybe the Li Halan Psy Destroyer with a Battlemastered Noble and a decent contingent could maybe take them out.

At any rate, from what I can tell, the spaceships are somewhat secure at the beginning of the game.

Matt
Matt

Return to “Hyperion”