Hyperion Fulcrum Galaxy - Comments

A very good patch

Moderator: Matt Caspermeyer

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Hyperion Fulcrum Galaxy - Comments

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Sat May 29, 2004 2:37 am

The latest gamma includes the Hyperionized Fulcrum Galaxy!

I'm going to be adding a separate Subject for each galaxy included in the Hyperion Mod for comments on that specific galaxy.

This will help me organize and work on changes to a specific galaxy as well as add additional awareness to players that there are several different galaxies available for play in Hyperion games.

Don't forget that there is a readme file for each galaxy to provide a little background to players before they begin playing.

If you have any comments on the Hyperionized Fulcrum Galaxy, post them in this thread and I'll take a look at them and see about making changes to that galaxy.

Matt
Matt

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Re: Hyperion Fulcrum Galaxy - Comments

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:05 am

I have made lots of little changes to the galaxy that I think make the galaxy play much better.

Most of the changes have centered around unit selection of starting House units.

For example, the starting Forts on House homeworlds have Special Operations Craft and Submarines to scout the planet.

On some of the other starting planets where Houses are alone, they have various amphibiouscraft to help them capture the various Rebel cities on these various planets.

The starting forces were also altered to reduce starting Unit Pay so that it is easier for Houses to generate positive income.

Once again, this galaxy still needs a signficant amount of playtesting, but I think it is a lot better than the previous version.

Matt
Matt

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Re: Hyperion Fulcrum Galaxy - Comments

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:17 am

I have released another update to the Fulcrum Galaxy (included in the latest Hyperion Gamma release).

Changes are that I followed Belsauron's comments about the Monasteries and added a few Rebel units to protect them.

I haven't tested it to see if you can capture them with your starting Fort units on another House's homeworld, but I think they are pretty secure.

I also evened out the number of Monasteries on homeworlds (4 each as Li Halan had 4, but the other 4 Houses only had 3).

Give it a test drive and let me know what you think.

Thanks for the comments!

Matt

P.S. Belsauron also made some comments about selling maps to the Vau, but right now the jury is still out on what to do about that. I'm not sure how much money can be made from selling the planet maps to the Vau of another House's homeworld, but it is easily detected and dealt with. We'll see if playtesting reveals that it is a big problem...
Matt

Return to “Hyperion”