Symbiots!

A very good patch

Moderator: Matt Caspermeyer

tkobo
Fighter pilot

Re: Symbiots!

Postby tkobo » Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:31 am

Dont forget that captured ships are an extreme form of income also.

All yuo have to do,is land the ships in a space by a league store( i forget the name),disband the ship, than sell the resources.

You can get like 5k in cash for a single cruiser.

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:54 am

Ruslan:

Good day Matt! I want to repeat! I will do all what I want, because I can do it! In our game in Beta you dont establish rules "no attack Church and League"!
The rules do not state to not attack the Church and League, but they do state that if you are going to land on Leagueheim or Holy Terra, that you must declare war on them first.

You can attack them all you want, you just can't take advantage of the fact that you can amass a lot of units on their homeworlds and then surprise attack them and snag their space ships.

I see rules for our game in forum. Also, if we will play in game so slowly I will not play. I make my turn two Weeks ago! Where the next turn!? I dont want to play in game 5 years! I said for all of you - there are not rules in game! If player - fair man he will play fairly! For example I dont reload save, dont bombard hidden hex an others!
Make sure you read the rules carefully - you might be willing to abide by them as a lot of the rules are pretty sensible.

In our PBEM we abide by all the Nova Rules except:

Selling maps to the Vau is okay
Changing Loyalty Settings is okay (as long as you're not changing it to help you capture units in Ruins / Alien Ruins, etc.)

The Ministries are already assigned, so none of those rules apply any more (i.e. waiting to assign Ministries, waiting to attack Ministries, etc.).

But if you want, what players are not attack AI you must delete AI from game. If players want attack AI they must do it. To protect AI from it possible only that: huge maintenance of captured unit. This is fair. Because if player captured ships his economy always will be in stagnation.
As long as you follow the rule with respect to declaring war on them, this will be no problem.

Matt
Matt

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:48 pm

No, the Corinthian galaxy is balanced such that if you find such a weakness you should exploit it. Be careful, though, of attacking and capturing expensive space ships if you can't afford them (I guess you can always disband them so that no one else can get them)".
What you want to said now!?
Remember that I'm not the only one in the game and so we agreed upon some rules before we started.

That quote is certainly my mindset, but nevertheless if as a group a certain set of rules are decided to be abided by, then it is irrelevant what my personal view on it may be.

Also, all of you not abstain in first election, you attacked Church on Bizantium, you attacked Church on yours planets and others. You ignore rules and it is "politic of two standarts". And it is mean, what you not so fair! Good luck!
Again, these rules were decided before we started. You are making huge assumptions that are incorrect that causes you to conclude that we are not following the rules we decided upon.

Well, I hope you can find a fast-paced game maybe you can play all 5 Houses - Mind Elemental did that a while back and it was a lot of fun to hear his reports. It certainly sounds like you have the time and plus you could provide some very good information with respect to galaxy balance as to which sides have more of an advantage than others.

So are you up to playing all 5 Houses and playing against yourself?

Matt
Matt

Tainted Pikachu
Fighter pilot

Postby Tainted Pikachu » Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:23 pm

there's an old fremen saying:

Every road that goes all the way to the end leads nowhere. Climb onto the slope of the mountain to experience it. You can't see it from the top.

is the point of the game to have fun, or to win at all costs?

Shocker
Noble

Postby Shocker » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:34 am

I think everyone is entitled to an opinion.

If Ruslan wants to play a PBEM game with others that feel the same way, go for it.

It is all about having fun.

The key is setting expectations up front. Use house Rules. Do not use the House Rules. As long as all agree, no problem.

The key is that all agree and have fun.

- Shocker.
PS: Some history, many people in this forum were playing EFS in '97 or earlier exploiting the same flaws in the AI and game setup. Since replaying the game became too predicatble, we started building mods and creating house rules to make the game more fun and increase the replay value. For what it is worth, FYI.
Long Live EFS!

Return to “Hyperion”