wetware production capacity

A very good patch

Moderator: Matt Caspermeyer

Tainted Pikachu
Fighter pilot

wetware production capacity

Postby Tainted Pikachu » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:11 am

i've been looking at the resource requirements for units and production capacities, and it seems that wetware is the resource most difficult to come by.

you need only 8 cyclotrones to produce enough singularities for a cadiz dreadnought, but you need 13 wetware plants to upgrade one to a cybermorph status. now, i know that production takes longer than upgrading, but wetware is also used by other unit types.

2 wetware units per plant are a bit too little, how bout returning the production capacity back to 5?

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Re: wetware production capacity

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:24 am

Good point - consider it an experiment. I'm thinking that players can support at least 20 Wetware plants per planet for roughly 40 Wetware production / turn (at 100% Loyalty).

That's the target (guessed), we'll see how it goes as there may be more Wetware production capability needed when people get there, but we'll see. My guess is that 40-50 Wetware production / turn / planet should be sufficient to build the high-end units.

Unfortunately, it takes a while to get to the technology level to produce Wetware, and so I won't be able to test this part out for a while, but if you get there first, let me know how it goes.

I'm basically looking for aggregate resource production capabilities across the 5 different planet types and trying to balance it. Care has to be taken with respect to normal planets, which come in three flavors: normal, desert, and water. These three will have different harvesting / production capabilities and so it will be hard to target production for the normal planet types, but I'm thinking that the other planet types (Jungle, City, Barren, Ice) will have less variability.

Unfortunately, I don't have a calculator that can calculate the potential of specific planet types otherwise I could easily determine a planet's potential, assess the resource balancing issues, and then alter them to suit Galaxy averages.

I could always do this by hand, but the task of counting hexes of terrain types does not sound all that pleasant. I'd rather go play the game.

:)

If you could provide planetary assessments for specific galaxies that would go a long way to aiding me with the balancing.

Matt
Matt

Return to “Hyperion”