A very good patch

Moderator: Matt Caspermeyer

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

EFS Editor Source Code Available

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:06 am

The EFS Editor Source Code is now available here:

http://www.twarriors.com/~hyperion/efseditor.html

Mitch setup the editor to allow additional components to be made such that the functionality of the editor can be improved over time.

There are two capabilities I would like the editor to have:

1. Assess planets using the ARBORIUM.DAT, FARM.DAT, MINE.DAT, and WELL.DAT for harvesting potential and use PROD.DAT to assess production potential.
2. Import / Export Galaxy Data into a CSV file that can be read in Excel. This would allow power users the opportunity to alter galaxies with a spreadsheet where they can assess their galaxies, add units, change terrain, etc. at a level that may be easier than with either the Segasoft Galaxy Editor or the EFS Editor.

I'm sure I can think of some other features, but these are first and foremost at the top of my list.

Matt
Matt

lordmoore
Space Legionnaire

Re: EFS Editor Source Code Available

Postby lordmoore » Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:17 am

I'm at my mom's this weekend. When I get home I'll take a look at the code and let you know.
Enemies strengthen you.
Allies weaken.
I tell you this in the hope that it will help you understand why I act as I do in full knowledge that great forces accumulate in my Empire but with one wish--the wish to destroy me.

Shocker
Noble

Postby Shocker » Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:52 pm

Do you have an idea on how the spreadsheet would look?

Record by record rows?
Sorted by some coordinate grid?
Long Live EFS!

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:22 am

Shocker:

Good question!

I'm not sure what the best way would be, but I thought about it after I posted, and it may be best to export only certain portions of information at a time.

For example, if you export the unit data, then the column headers could be the unit number in the galaxy (I think they are all indexed), then the unit number in UNIT.DAT, loyalty, etc. - all the information that Mitch supplies (I'm pretty sure it is well under 256 columns of data).

You would have a limit of 65536 units in your Galaxy file (which I don't think would be a problem) since that is Excel's limit (I don't think they increased it in Excel 2003).

So maybe the best way to export/import the data is to simply export/import specific types of data, or check boxes that will generate or read in different CSV's for the different types of data (i.e. UNIT.CSV for unit data, PLANET.CSV for planet data, etc.).

That would be great!

Matt
Matt

Return to “Hyperion”