New EotFS Player

A very good patch

Moderator: Matt Caspermeyer

Aikamun
Infantery

New EotFS Player

Postby Aikamun » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:16 pm

This game was recommended in a Shrapnelgames forum so I downloaded various Hyperion files.

I am interested in the most polished single-player version, so which do you recommend: 1.375, 1.4b, or 1.4g?

Based on the same criteria, which galaxy should I play?

Will test out your game against Space Empires 4. The victor stays on my hard drive with possibly multi-player games.

Thanks for your time and help,
Aikamun

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Re: New EotFS Player

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:47 pm

Aikamun:

Be sure to get the latest (V1.4g).

Any galaxy is good to play.

Be sure to provide comments when you start playing!

Matt
Matt

lordmoore
Space Legionnaire

Postby lordmoore » Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:08 pm

Space Empires 4...Been a while since I've installed that bad boy on my hard drive. Good game...I've got every copy since ver 2.

Similarities: EFS and SE 4, both are turn based games. That's about it in a nut shell.

EFS is planet focused, SE 4 more ship focused. Don't get me wrong...SE 4 has planet building..upgrading...conquest...but the FOCUS is on space fleet battles. Loss twenty ships...no big deal, you can build more. Loss twenty ships in EFS and you might break down and cry. :D You can always re-install SE 4 when you feel the need to crush your opponent with a butt load of ships and troops!
Enemies strengthen you.
Allies weaken.
I tell you this in the hope that it will help you understand why I act as I do in full knowledge that great forces accumulate in my Empire but with one wish--the wish to destroy me.

lordmoore
Space Legionnaire

Postby lordmoore » Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:41 am

Or...just try this link:
http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/features/pc/history_spaceempire/index.html

It goes over the history of 4x space games and lists EFS and SE4
Enemies strengthen you.

Allies weaken.

I tell you this in the hope that it will help you understand why I act as I do in full knowledge that great forces accumulate in my Empire but with one wish--the wish to destroy me.

Return to “Hyperion”