any chance for a new unit?

A very good patch

Moderator: Matt Caspermeyer

Tainted Pikachu
Fighter pilot

any chance for a new unit?

Postby Tainted Pikachu » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:11 am

i was thinking, and i'd like to see a new unit, a new commander. plain officer is weak, armor commander is ok in early/mid game, mech commander in mid game, but a late game non-noble commander is lacking, so my idea is to implement an officer equivalent to ranger or star legion.

how bout a ranger commander with prerequisites same as ranger legion and stats and cost slightly altered to reflect him being a special unit. (less armor and firepower, slightly more agility and precision, officer retreat bonus)

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Re: any chance for a new unit?

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:08 am

Hmmm...

Interesting idea.

I figured that by the time you were into the late game that you'd probably just be loading your Nobles and Officers aboard tough capital ships (both space and land), but since there is a really high-end Noble, maybe a really high-end Officer is also a great idea.

Ranger Commander - well maybe I won't use that name since they'd be in command of more than just Rangers, but it is a good suggestion nonetheless.

Also, would it be better to make the Mech Commander a very late game unit, but add in a mid-game Foot Officer unit instead of a high-end Officer unit?

I actually meant to have the Mech Commander be the Officer you'd use for the mid-game and beyond, but I can see where their effectiveness would not be that great in the end game.

This is a good idea, let me think about it some more...

Matt
Matt

Tainted Pikachu
Fighter pilot

Postby Tainted Pikachu » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:41 pm

well, mech commanders have relatively low agility compared to cybercorp, ranger legion or star legion, so they're easy targets compared to them. and agility is much more important than armor when it comes to defense value. *you don't need armor if they can't hit you*

another detail, this is more about horiginal galaxy, it might be good for such a high end unit to replace the stigmata noble (when you wipe out the stigmata controlling house nobles they remain in the game until they lose the ministry on the next elections. somewhat frustrating)

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:13 pm

These are great ideas - I'll see what I can do about coming up with a high-end Officer for the late game.

Matt
Matt

Return to “Hyperion”