Non-House AIs

A very good patch

Moderator: Matt Caspermeyer

Mind Elemental
Space Legionnaire

Re: Non-House AIs

Postby Mind Elemental » Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:32 pm

Ahhh, I see. :)

I kind of liked the ability to produce Ministry units in universities, bytheway... any chance we could see that restored?

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Tue Aug 12, 2003 1:47 am

Oh yah, I forgot to add the Universities to the Ministry homeworlds. I was thinking of giving them 5 - that should give them plenty of production capability once they get the technology prerequites.

I'll have to add those...

Matt
Matt

Mind Elemental
Space Legionnaire

Postby Mind Elemental » Thu Aug 14, 2003 8:57 am

Five each, or five total? I think the former would be cool, if only because I like the Ministry units! :D

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Thu Aug 14, 2003 3:26 pm

5 each - so 5 on Minerva, 5 on Cadiz, and 5 on Stigmata. Not sure if I'd put any units in them, maybe I could put a couple.

Matt
Matt

Mind Elemental
Space Legionnaire

Postby Mind Elemental » Sat Aug 16, 2003 2:29 am

Hmm. The ministries are powerful as it is, but a couple of troops couldn't hurt.

By the way, in my Corinthian game, I used the view map cheat to investigate just what was going on with the Rebel-controlled Symbiots, and the Rebels have completely wiped the Symbiot hives off CHernobog (and presumably captured their fleet)! :eek: I think this is something to do with a couple of Rebel Alien Phage Devices -- unless I miss my guess, the Symbiots went into alien ruins and were slaughtered by the Phage Devices. Kind of ironic, if you ask me...

How does one deal with Alien Phage Devices on planets such as Leagueheim, anyway? The best solution I could come up with was to land Stealth Scout Mechs everywhere, then call in the fleet and bombard the heck out of any spotted phage devices...

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Sat Aug 16, 2003 6:34 am

Hmm. The ministries are powerful as it is, but a couple of troops couldn't hurt.
They only have control of 1 on each of their planets, they have to capture the other 4 (gives them something to do!).

By the way, in my Corinthian game, I used the view map cheat to investigate just what was going on with the Rebel-controlled Symbiots, and the Rebels have completely wiped the Symbiot hives off CHernobog (and presumably captured their fleet)! I think this is something to do with a couple of Rebel Alien Phage Devices -- unless I miss my guess, the Symbiots went into alien ruins and were slaughtered by the Phage Devices. Kind of ironic, if you ask me...
Good call! You're probably right. Hmmm... makes me wonder if I should remove the Alien Ruins off Chernobog. Hmmm...

How does one deal with Alien Phage Devices on planets such as Leagueheim, anyway? The best solution I could come up with was to land Stealth Scout Mechs everywhere, then call in the fleet and bombard the heck out of any spotted phage devices...
That's how I'd do it! There are some units immune to the Plague, but I don't think I'd take my chances. It's a good thing I didn't make Alien Phage Devices stealthy!

Matt
Matt

Mind Elemental
Space Legionnaire

Postby Mind Elemental » Sun Aug 17, 2003 1:38 am

They only have control of 1 on each of their planets, they have to capture the other 4 (gives them something to do!).
Woo, cool!

Good call! You're probably right. Hmmm... makes me wonder if I should remove the Alien Ruins off Chernobog. Hmmm...
And maybe ruins of all sorts off Stigmata? The Garrison seems to spend a lot of time, and waste a lot of units, meandering through Ruins...

That's how I'd do it! There are some units immune to the Plague, but I don't think I'd take my chances. It's a good thing I didn't make Alien Phage Devices stealthy!
Oooh, that would just be too powerful. Okay, thanks! :D

Mind ELemental

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:13 am

And maybe ruins of all sorts off Stigmata? The Garrison seems to spend a lot of time, and waste a lot of units, meandering through Ruins...
Well, I've left them there for now, but it is probably a good idea though...

Matt
Matt

Haakon_Stormbrow
Assault Legionnaire

Postby Haakon_Stormbrow » Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:01 pm

In the reality patch, the church and league build space units. This was done through the addition of mercenary units which require no tech or resources, only a spaceport. These units are charioteer bulk hauler and transport. They do have a high upkeep so players cannot afford a lot, and can only get them when they capture a starport.
The church has been much more agressive with this change than i would have anticipated, they have even beat real players in taking over enemy houses.
Creator of the EFS:Reality mod

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Sun Sep 28, 2003 7:31 am

I'd love it if I could get the AI to build units reliably, but it is very hard to do when there exists the number of units I have in Hyperion.

What makes it so hard is that I can simply change the building a unit is built in (a unit that the non-House AI can't build anyway) and it will completely change which units the non-House AI can build.

I've been able to get the AI to build all the right units, but if I put back the technologies that the other units really require or the appropriate structures, I'll break the AI building those units.

About my only recourse is to use the garrison units, which I'm going to look into next, but I'd really like to get the Church to build Divine Landers in Starports that are in the Assault Lander category, not another representation of them in the Militia category.

But if I can't get that to work, then that is the only way I can do it.

Matt
Matt

Xyll_beast
Infantery

Postby Xyll_beast » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:19 pm

Hello,

I am working on my own home patch for EOFS. And I was wondering how you managed to make the non house AI to build new units. From the readme file I understand that the the symbiots needed a modification of the EXE file. Is it the same thing for the church, the league and the Vau?

For the church and the guild, can they build new cities?

Sukayo
Noble

Postby Sukayo » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:04 am

Hi Xyl_beast.

welcome here, and some answers:

Yes the symbiot build in the latest Hyperion patch new units, based on a changed EXE file.
Check out the realitry patch, there are built units also by other AI factions.

Xyll_beast
Infantery

Postby Xyll_beast » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:33 pm

Thanks for the info.

If you are at war with the Vau, will they use their troops to attack your units?

It look like they won't move any units to attack even when they are at war.

Sukayo
Noble

Postby Sukayo » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:01 am

That the AI is not the greatest one must be clear. They are not going out actively searching for your units to attack them.

That is the reason why in the NOVA rules you need the round before you land declare war at the church League and/or Vau. Sometimes after the 1st fight the begin to move, but still are much slower than the church or the league (all realeted to spaceunits, on ground you can outmaneuver any AI units).

Return to “Hyperion”