New Emperor of the Fading Suns Game (Nova?)

MP related, ...

Moderator: Sukayo

Sangfugol
Fighter pilot

Postby Sangfugol » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:07 pm

whew, that sounds pretty awesome. How did you get that idea? It resembles the diaspora in the late original dunebooks. Also the diplomatic relations could be different for that planet, if you agree.

If we use this feature I suggest an additional house rule:

You shouldn´t build a lab on that planet!
Although an inquisitionfleet clearing the path through the symbiot space sounds pretty funny.

Lord Austere
Assault Legionnaire

Postby Lord Austere » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:02 pm

Sangfugol wrote:whew, that sounds pretty awesome. How did you get that idea? It resembles the diaspora in the late original dunebooks. Also the diplomatic relations could be different for that planet, if you agree.

If we use this feature I suggest an additional house rule:

You shouldn´t build a lab on that planet!
Although an inquisitionfleet clearing the path through the symbiot space sounds pretty funny.

Actually there is an inquisitorial garisson on the planet controlling a church and a hospital. Eye, stigmata and fleet also have a base there, albeit small (some special forces, a land army and a carrier fleet). All the human resources are on two continents. There is one lab on it as well, next to the church under the Stigmata garissons controll. I see it as a strategic research center on how to kill symbionts under close inquisitorial inspection.

Still remember that the symbionts are strong on this planet too, having hives on most other continents. Only a unified effort could keep things safe.

Russell wrote: Tethys actually has no resource markers at all, kind of strange, as if they forgot to finish it.

Actually according to the rpg setting books Tethys has effectively been stripmined of resources. In part due to being the military homeworld world of the second republic and later the home of the imperial fleet.

Sangfugol
Fighter pilot

Postby Sangfugol » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:10 pm

You are sure that the church KI won´t instead select units from terra?

Another question: Does anyone know how the church and the league choose their candidate for the selections?

Nick Cav
Space Legionnaire

Postby Nick Cav » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:09 pm

hows the mapcoming?

Garison
Space Legionnaire

Postby Garison » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:11 pm

Slow and steady.
I had an fun connecting all the homeworlds together. Its an interesting layout. All players will have 2 jumps off thier homeworld, one to an outpost planet, which connects to the church, Byz2, and the league directly. The other jump brings you to a connector planet that links all the players together via a single planet. Each house will have a single planet to fight over.(Halan/Haz, Halan/Dec, Halan/Hawk,Halan/Malik) Meanwhile, all players will need to protect there mining planet and connector planet that can be attacked by all players via the Byz2/Church/League cluster. A few minor planets connected by single routes off of the imperial planets may prove useful for someone to colonize.
Alot of the maps generated by the editor are very sparse in land. I have been modifying them and creating extra continents and connecting land masses to form bigger ones.
I am attempting to make all the homeworlds have unique landscape elements to add some flavour. for example, the Decados homeworld has its axis point at the sun, so the north is desert and the south is snow. Its been a challenge to keep all the houses even in homeworld "value" and yet keep them unique.
its been alot of fun, at first i was ok with rushing it, but i really want to create a quality experience and atmosphere. So i am spending more time on the details then i anticipated.
I am working on it a bit today, i will send you a sneakpeak ?

Sangfugol
Fighter pilot

Postby Sangfugol » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:48 pm

so we will have the choice between 2 maps?

Nick Cav
Space Legionnaire

Postby Nick Cav » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:01 pm

sounds great man, appreciate all the hard work!
let me know if you need any help with anything, now we just need to get our other game to continue lol

Garison
Space Legionnaire

Postby Garison » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:29 am

just the one Sang, The random map i started had very few planets with decent landmasses, i was forced to basicly start over. All i had completed was the space routes anyway. The layout of this newer map is much more balanced and interesting then the random one anyway. Its going to take awhile, i am busy doing real life stuff and only have a few hours every couple days to work on it. I have the homeworlds completed with the exception of units and markers. I have Byz2, Terra, and League's landscape done, and need to add units/markers. Vau, Stigmata, Purge,Symbus,Cypherus,Impetus still need to be generated and modified. The "ruin cluster"(6 planets)(heavily defended rebel planets with lots of ruins, but only minor resource value) still needs to be completed, as to the connector planets(20 planets). I have a couple days off tomorrow, and will get some more done, then i will see if i am ready to show what i have done so far. The Space map was the hardest to do so far, building planets is an easy process for me, and progresses at about 5 per day.

Sangfugol
Fighter pilot

Postby Sangfugol » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:53 pm

Lord Austere is modifying and balancing the troyanmap for mp-purpose, so we may have a second map. Although his map is less ambitious, I love his idea of the isolated world in the symbiot sector while I´m not sure if I appreciate the complete symmetry of your map (at least for the first mp game). Still your map could be a lot of fun (and it sounds like a lot of work), so I won´t complain anymore, if we choose your map. :wink:

Lord Austere
Assault Legionnaire

Postby Lord Austere » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:48 pm

Sangfugol wrote:Lord Austere is modifying and balancing the troyanmap for mp-purpose, so we may have a second map. Although his map is less ambitious, I love his idea of the isolated world in the symbiot sector while I´m not sure if I appreciate the complete symmetry of your map (at least for the first mp game). Still your map could be a lot of fun (and it sounds like a lot of work), so I won´t complain anymore, if we choose your map. :wink:

If you guys PM me your email adress I can show you the simple edits I made to the troyan map by sending the .gal file.

Garison
Space Legionnaire

Postby Garison » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:18 pm

my e-mail is Enx_@hotmail.com

i have been dealing with some medical issues ,and have been short on creative time, however the map i am making is at about 75%

I doubt the map would stay symmetrical for very long. You will have 5 routes to pick from, but only have a strong enough fleet to adequately cover 1 and your base. If everybody randomly choose the jumps to say Almaliks space, then almalik would be forces defend and expand elsewhere (the ruin worlds, Byz2 space, or one of the symbiot planets!), or attack one of the human players from the byz2 side.

there is also the possiblity of adding additional routes between the connecting planets, but i think there will be adequate space for movement. All homeworlds are effectively "bunkered up" though, so nobody has a "backdoor". An enemy must pass through a player owned planet to get to the homeworld.

Garison
Space Legionnaire

Postby Garison » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:41 pm

Anyone interested in taking control of house Li-Halan in our other game? we need a replacement player.

Sangfugol
Fighter pilot

Postby Sangfugol » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:19 pm

this one seems to be dead :(

Garison
Space Legionnaire

Postby Garison » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:46 pm

Not dead i don't think, just in limbo. I am still working on the map, i am most of the way there. I plan on getting a second opinion from russel if he is willing ?

Lord Austere
Assault Legionnaire

Postby Lord Austere » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:27 pm

Garison wrote:Not dead i don't think, just in limbo. I am still working on the map, i am most of the way there. I plan on getting a second opinion from russel if he is willing ?

Could you send me a copy of the map too?

(the limbo state could hopefully end soon)

Return to “Opponents wanted”