Starting a new PBEM game

MP related, ...

Moderator: Sukayo

Isoule
Fighter pilot

Starting a new PBEM game

Postby Isoule » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:00 pm

It has been a while but the mood has suddenly hit me and I'm looking to start a new EFS game. Anyone interested? I've got a friend whose up for it as well so we're looking for 3 more people.

I'd prefer to play Nova but that's negotiable... actually everything is negotiable. I'd like to be flexible to make sure I can get enough people. So if you're interested post what you'd prefer and we'll figure stuff out.

I'd prefer to play Decados or Al Malik while my friend would like Li Halan or The Hazat but we're willing to change if people are dead set on thier faction.

Hope to hear from you guys soon,

Regards.

Isoule
Fighter pilot

Postby Isoule » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:33 am

No takers?

Nick Cav
Space Legionnaire

Postby Nick Cav » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:07 pm

Id be up for it i think

Isoule
Fighter pilot

Postby Isoule » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:58 pm

Counting my friend that's three. Looks like we're a triumverate. Two more and we can play... and make a pentaverate.

Sangfugol
Fighter pilot

Postby Sangfugol » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:50 pm

I consider to cancel my joining of the other not started novagame for this one, but before we have to conclude a galaxy map.

Isoule
Fighter pilot

Postby Isoule » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:43 am

Before interest is lost, anyone know a fifth person?

Nick Cav
Space Legionnaire

Postby Nick Cav » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:32 am

No :-( can we sub in a computer? Or would that detract from the gameplay too much you think?

Lord Austere
Assault Legionnaire

Postby Lord Austere » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:28 am

I'm interested and can play from january 11th onwards. (till then I'm on holiday, so replies will be slow)

Regards,

LA

Sangfugol
Fighter pilot

Postby Sangfugol » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:53 am

That makes five of us if Isoule and his friend are still available.

Nick Cav
Space Legionnaire

Postby Nick Cav » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:48 am

sounds good, hopefully it will be a competitive game!

Sangfugol
Fighter pilot

Postby Sangfugol » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:04 pm

hm, in future we should recommend that interested posters should activate the reply notification.

When I sent Lord Austere a message I also wrote to Isoule and mosinski, neither of them has responded (nor received it)... Maybe we should ask chalicier and hanzo.

Hattori Hanzo
Fighter pilot

you can count on me

Postby Hattori Hanzo » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:33 pm

if you need a (beginner) player I'm ready.. ;)

Lord Austere
Assault Legionnaire

Postby Lord Austere » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:57 pm

Sangfugol wrote:hm, in future we should recommend that interested posters should activate the reply notification.

When I sent Lord Austere a message I also wrote to Isoule and mosinski, neither of them has responded (nor received it)... Maybe we should ask chalicier and hanzo.

Sure. Ask away :)

By the way I'm back from holiday so I'm fully available now

Nick Cav
Space Legionnaire

Postby Nick Cav » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:53 am

only question now is who wants what house? and what rules do we want to use?

Lord Austere
Assault Legionnaire

Postby Lord Austere » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:49 am

Nick Cav wrote:only question now is who wants what house? and what rules do we want to use?

Im ok for most houses, though Hawkwood might be interesting as I don't play them much. (I pretty much allready know my opening moves for decados, li halan, hazat and al malik, so the first few turns would be a bit boring)

As for rules, I'm going to quote something from an earlier thread.

Lord Austere wrote:
Garison wrote:its done.

we should start hashing out some rules. what we had agree to on the last game is a good place to start, so i will suggest that.

as the base of any multiplayer EFS game
http://website.lineone.net/~rwein/nova/houserules.htm

plus
rule 14: i purpose the balanced trait system
rule 18: I think selling maps to the vau allows faster expansion in the early turns, and thus should be allowed.

Agreed, but also change the following:

29. A noble may not vote unless he has been on the surface of Byzantium continuously since the previous election. He is banned from voting even if he took off and landed again in the same turn. If a noble is allowed to stay in orbit or jump around the surface of Byzantium, it's too easy for him to avoid assassins. You can consider this rule to be a statute of the Imperial constitution.

It should be made less strict. Taking off and landing should be ok for instance.

Killing a noble should be difficult and I don't want to have to surround every noble with a circle of militia as an assasin buffer...

Garison wrote:we shoud allow transports to launch fighters and attack in the same turn, or we should allow transports to launch fighters, but not attack with them in the same turn.

Transport should be allowed to carry fighters and launch them for attack. Afterall the advantage of using a carrier is that the 'space-slot' get's a combat ship in it rather than a freighter. Also there is an agility bonus for figthing from a carrier.

Other Rules

- Plague on
- Easy difficulty, so just deselect all tratis you don't want. (see below)
- Universal warehouse off
- pbem on
- security on
- Consume food on
- tutorial messages off
- rebellion on

SELECTING TRAITS
- Everyone should get all three ancient documentariums (to speed things up)
- 6 more points to send as you like using: http://website.lineone.net/~rwein/nova/traits.htm, keep in mind that if we decide to us the 'it's war' scenario so you should use the scores in bracets

My Trait: (Default Nova Fading Suns map)
- Administration (+1)
- Battlemaster (+2)
- Warrior Ethic (+3)
(and ofcouse the ancient documentariums to speed things along)

My traits: (for it's war scenario)
- Enemy in the Church (-1)
- Battlemaster (+4)
- Warrior Ethic (+3)
(and ofcouse the ancient documentariums to speed things along)

I'm in favor of the default map, but we had some idea's for alternate universes too.

As for alternative universes we had the idea to set up a random It's war scenario, though I'm perfectly ok with the default Fading Suns map too. It's war is interesting, but a random universe that is balanced is a PAIN to create for the Li Halan player. (mostly as their idea of balance generally differs from others idea's)

Random It's war scenario might be nice as I like the imperial sceptors, so voting scepters can be destroyed, but not all of them. Also greater player interaction from the start. Still we should forbid any triumvirates forming in the first 15 turns or so (as those too easily can defeat the other two on this map.)

Perhaps roleplay wise we could make it such that in the early war years (till turn 15) the imperial constitution dictates that vendetta's must be fought between an equal number of houses. But after a while the nobles could become less 'noble' if a mayor power arises.

Return to “Opponents wanted”