Anyone still playing MP?

MP related, ...

Moderator: Sukayo

PDF
Assault Legionnaire

Re: Anyone still playing MP?

Postby PDF » Mon Dec 02, 2002 12:52 pm

Without news of Nullius and because the game is on hold since 2 weeks now I will play Hazat tuen (he gave me his password).
I will play conservately and promise not to give Decados any advantage of it :roll:
Behold, real-time !
PDF

Nullius
Fighter pilot

Postby Nullius » Tue Dec 03, 2002 5:33 am

sorry haven't checked board. email is nullius_rex@hotmail.com. Yeah being li halan is ok just send me the turn when you guys can. I check it a few times before and after work even on days I work 9+hours
The flogging will continue untill morale improves.

PDF
Assault Legionnaire

Postby PDF » Wed Dec 04, 2002 6:55 pm

Sorry Nullius in the meantime another guy stepped in (via email :)
Behold, real-time !
PDF

Maur13
Assasin

Postby Maur13 » Thu Jan 30, 2003 9:11 pm

Well, since EFS PBEM games are quite slow, i though i could as well begin writing sort of AAR, and post it here :)

==============
Year 4970, Isthakhr Palace complex.

Istakhr Governor, Lord Kadir Al-Malik is hosting annual meeting. All of the most important Al-Malik members are present, including Duke Maurice Al-Malik himself.

Planetary Governor reports:
Lady Lalehan Al-Malik, Bannockburn Governor.
Sire, we just captured last city on southern hemisphere. Unfortunately, without space transport capability, further operations will be slowed by lack of road network.
Developmnent of Bannockburn is virtually stopped because of small Metal production. We have large food stockpile, so i urge you to send Bulk Hauler with shipment of food, or engineers.

Lord Yildirim Al-Malik, Shaprut Governor.
Sire, development of Shaprut is slowed by lack of food production, because we lacked armed forces to defeat large artillery force defending arborium. Fortunately, Fleet bombardment is helping very much and it should soon be ours.
Eliminating rebel forces in southern cities will take much longer, though, as i lack enough armed forces or industry to create it.
Obviously, shipment of food would accelerate Shaprut development very much.

Lady Fazilet Al-Malik, Criticorum Governor,
We have severe resource problems, Sire. Currently food production is lower than consumption and metal production is inadequate to army needs, too.

Lord Kadir Al-Malik, Istakhr Governor.
Everything is progressing smoothly, Sire. Small defense force is beign assembled, ready to guard our capital against Hawkwood Imperial Eye forces (just in case) and Engineer production is going up constantly. Conversion of farms into Arboriums is already done. I'm awaiting instructions of Armaments minister what industry should be constructed here, and i will be concentrating production of Engineers for possible off-world shipments.
I am also aware of our financial needs, and shipment of spare resources are on their way to Agora, with space transport helping, too.

Lady Sabahat Al-Malik, Stigmata Governor.
Sire, everything is quiet, no sign of Symbtiots. Development is practically stopped because lack of food, though. Shipment of Engineers would be much appreciated.

Lord General Sevilin Al-Malik, Army Commander.
Sire, our military operations are proceeding smoothly. We just captured Factory, although that incompetent t**t, Fazilet says we lack resources to operate industry there. Fortunately, core of our army is intact, losses were among locally drawn militias.
I also have very interesting news. It seems there is minor Noble family present in the Palace on Criticorum. Unfortunately, they have strong defensive force there. I am awaiting further instructions.

Lord Admiral Durukan Al-Malik, Fleet commander.
Nothing hapenned, Sire. Cruiser is supporting Shaprut land forces, our scouts didn't notice House or Symbtion activit on our borders.
I am concerned about the size of our Fleet, though. With Li Halans in possesion of Imperial Fleet, we will have no capability to do anything in case of hostilities. Even few space figthers/bombers would help.

Lady Yildiz Al-Malik, Armaments minister.
Sire, this year report.
Military Output. Engineers 2. Militia 6
Military Input. Engineers 3. Milita 1. SP artillery 1.
Industrial production.
F 427/818 E 30/158 M 636 T 15/184 Ex 10 Ch 5/20 Ce 10 Ge 14
We have severe transportation problem. Getting even one freighter more would be huge boost to our industrial effiecency.

Lady Pehrazat Al-Malik, Foreign minister.
Sire, this year ratings.
LH 708, HZ 592 DC 578 HW 683 AM 831
Nothing new hapenned, apart from receiving Monopols tech from Li Halan. Limited building activity on other Houses planets.
Our agents in other agoras report very large trading activity on Delphi, House Hawkwood is selling large quantities of gems and bought all available metal and food. House Hazat is buying much metal too, while Li Halans buy food and sell trace. Decados are selling exotica and buying trace. In short words, we suspect large building activity on Delphi and Aragon.

Lord Tathkan Al-Malik, Finance minister.
Income 1100, expenses 1280
Sire, deficit is shrinking, although situation is still bad. We need to improve our income, or we will be forced to sell practically all surplus Istakhr resources to League. We haven't received even one firebird from outside Istakhr...

Lady Piraye Al-Malik. Research minister.
Sire, we need more funds for our labs. Research on Space Torpedo Ships is almost finished.

Duke Maurice-
Only two Engineers this year... thats bad. Kadir, i'm counting on you, production has to be increased.
Steward, prepare messages for governors.
Bannockburn. Reinforcements not possible. Continue with offensive operation northwards.
Shaprut. Reinforcements not possible. Concentrate on developing planet. You will have fleet support. Send Assault Lander with metal and Power Legion to Criticorum.
Criticorum. Rest assured that you will receive needed resources.
Stigmata. You will soon start receiving Engineers and food from Istakhr. I expect very fast development of Stigmata when the time comes due.
Army Commander, Criticorum. Do not attack Palace. Local nobility has to be convinced to join our house at any cost. I'm sending you reinforcements.

Sevilin, you will take Assault Lander with Power Legions to capture few farms on Aylon. It should supply Criticorum with much needed food. Lord Ozdemir will go with you as future Aylon governor.

Yildiz, its time to start building industry. Concentrate on space materials, Electronic plants, few Fusoriums, Cyclotron. I want starships in production very soon. Talk with Kadir about what he can spare from Istakhr needs.

We need to start funding our research programs again. I expect you, Kadir, to find some goods to sell to League. You should have enough transport capability for that. Since our tech alliance with Li Halans is beign strained, we need to start researching spaceships ourselves.

Lord Kadir-
Sire, we can sell our energy reserves, it should give us over four thousands firebirds.

Duke Maurice-
Excellent. Kadir, i want you to assemble four Engineers to be sent from Istakhr to Nowhere when they are available. Make sure Bulk Hauler will be immediately available. You will stay in touch with Durukan to ensure nothing will happen to such valuable transport. Lord Naseem will lead the transport and become Nowhere governor.
And that Frigate on guard over Stigmata...

INCOMING MESSAGE:Al-Malik holdings on Stigmata...
Large unknown activity discovered in southern Stigmata continent. We suspect Symbiot invasion.
Four Symbiot Spaceships discovered on Stigmata orbit. Frigate retreating to Istakhr.
==============

<small>[ 30-01-2003, 20:19: Message edited by: Maur13 ]</small>

Maur13
Assasin

Postby Maur13 » Wed Feb 12, 2003 2:27 pm

Year 4971, Isthakhr Palace complex.

Istakhr Governor, Lord Kadir Al-Malik is hosting annual meeting. All of the most important Al-Malik members are present, including Duke Maurice Al-Malik himself.

Sire, we are refitting and enlarging our army to continue operations northward.
Metal production insuffiecent, large food production surplus.

Sire, Fleet bombardment of Arborium is proceeding, we estimate next turn we will capture it. Apart from that, we only do some exploring and moving small detachments southwards.
Food situation should be suffiecent soon as new Engineer was just produced, too.

We have severe resource problems, Sire. Currently food production is lower than consumption and metal production is inadequate to army needs, too.

Sire, we are waiting for promised reinforcements, slowly exploration the planet, and producing few troops for Lord Sevilin assault on Palace. We also sent few troops as reinforcements to Aylon, as Bulk Hauler will be free for a while, and Stigmata is blocked by Symbiots.

Sire, we converted our farm into Arborium, there was no transport capability to move it to better place anytime soon. We can only hope that Stigmata garrison will destroy Symbiot hive on Southern continent, though...

Lord Ozdemir Al-Malik, Aylon Governor.
Sire, army troops captured farm and mine and we begun establishing basic administration network on the planet. Production is small and army non-existent, so don't expect rapid expansion here...

Sire, i am resting troops, waiting for promised reinforcements.

Sire, our frigate commenced brave hit-and-run raid against Symbiot ships over Stigmata. We destroyed one damaged Blow Ship, and severely damaged another. Pod ship was unscathed, though. Frigate was withdrawn to Stigmata city to repair battle damage-it barely was able to make it to safety.
Apart from that, we supporting Shaprut ground troops.

Sire, this year report.
Military Output. Engineers 6. Militia 1. Medium Tank 1.
Military Input. Engineers 3. Milita 1.
Industrial production.
F 475/916 E 50/167 M 689 T 25/213 Ex 5 Ch 5/20 El 0/10 Ce 10 Ge 16
Sire, first electronic plant was built on Istakhr. Expect more to follow shortly. I am a bit concerned with slow resource production increase, though.

Sire, this year ratings(growth).
Li Halan 725 (2.4%), Hazat 610(3%), Decados 590(2.1%) Hawkwood 716(4.8%) Al-Malik 896(7.8%)
Our tech alliance with Li Halans finally ended, Sire, although we signed formal alliance treaty.
Intelligence reports Hazat and Hawkwoods nearing discovery of Arboriums. Decados officially claimed Cadavus.
Unfortunately, Stigmata garrison fleet seems to be comletly gone, Sire. Its unknown if its destroyed or if it moved to another system.

Income 1168, expenses 1430
Sire, our deficit is actually worse... thats because of large number of engineers we have to upkeep for a while... unfortunately, we don't have enough money to fund third of our labs. It should be better soon, though.

Sire, we researched Space Torpedo Bombers! Redirecting efforts towards Singularity tech. I am most pleased with lab financial situation.

Duke Maurice-
Good job everyone. Lord Ozdemir, i don't expect you to expand at Aylon at all, actually, don't worry.
Kadir, good idea with that reinforcements to Aylon. Be sure that Bulk Hauler will be ready to ship Engineers to Nowhere.
Durukan, after Cruiser finishes its job on Shaprut, move it to either Stigmata, or if Symbiots will leave it beforehand, to Criticorum. If Yildirim finds new targets, you stay on Shaprut, though.

Lady Yildiz, if i were you i would be more concerned with our insuffiecent food production than resource production.

-Sire, we have to get more transports, plain numbers don't show everything, our expansions is more restrained by our inability to move resources from planet to planet than from lack of food in general.

Make sure the situation is better soon, Yildiz.

Thats all. Durukan you stay, we have one more issue to talk about.

<small>[ 12-02-2003, 19:26: Message edited by: Maur13 ]</small>

kirov
Assault Legionnaire

Postby kirov » Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:33 am

The palace on Kish, meeting of the High Council of Li-Halan, hosted by Benedict, head of House Li-Halan, AD 4972

High Council:
Benedict Li-Halan, Head of the High Council
Nicodemus, son of benedict, will-be Admiral of the Imperial Fleet
Cassandra, Home Secretary, Kish governor
Magnus, War Secretary, will-be Icon governor
Genevieve, Foreign Secretary

Benedict: Greetings, lords and ladies. As you already know, our situation, both domestic and foreign, has changed recently and is to change much more. Many of the problems bothering us in the past are now solved or irrelevant. However, new ones loom large and we have to develop a new ways of dealing with them. Much is to be discussed, but let's run trough the reports first. Magnus, what's happening with our Strike Force at the moment?

Magnus: Outposts at Cadiz and Manitou established, Sire. Our troops are now ready to wipe out Icon defences. I'm glad to communicate that after our brilliant campaign on Malignatius morale is very high. Icon should be ours in a few years...

Cassandra: Sire, I have to remind that it's not the same situation as with Malignatius. If colonisation of Kish and Malignatius is to be perpetuated, we need the transports that are over Icon now, and we need them badly. I suggest full withdrawal of them. Our engineers are just to precious to be wasted.

Magnus: With all due respect, Cassandra, I have to disagree with your opinion. Our conquer of Icon is crucial to...

Benedict: No, Magnus, it's no longer crucial to us. It is colonisation and safety of Kish that are of paramount importance, that's one of my last decisions. I want Kish to be a powerful, both well-defended and well-supplied, fortress.

Magnus: But Icon...

Benedict: Blast Icon! My decision is irrevocable. Don't forget that Hawkwood is to take Imperial Eye real soon. Genevieve, report.

Genevieve: Yes indeed, Sire. Due to our agreements with Al-Malik, they are to take regency and Stigmata Garrison, and Hawkwood is to gain Imperial Eye. Our fear that Al-Malik will abuse their authority has been somewhat diminished recently, but not perished altogether. The best we can do is to make sure every house will be informed about Stigmata's activity. From the other hand, the main problem now is we know nothing about Hawkwood's intentions towards us, once they grab the Eye. Diplomatic interactions shall be quickly brought to life...

Benedict: And strong defences of Kish can only help with that. We cannot just believe they will not attack. Magnus, I want you to make sure that Hawkwood cannot threaten us with Eye forces. A propos, if I remember correctly, our Kish garrison has investigated the ruins near the Inner Sea recently. What they have happened to find?

Magnus: It was a rebel hide-out, my Lord. Eliminated with no casualties on our side, thanks to General Duke. We've also managed to capture a prisoner. He told us that they had been guarding a treasure and that there is even more precious one at the ruins near the coast... also guarded by rebels, for sure...

Benedict: Maybe he lied to save his skin...

Magnus: But maybe not. And we've found a sort of... holy relic in the place he had showed to us.

Benedict: A relic? Well, well, that is really good news. Patriarch (praise and peace upon him) will be pleased, I am sure. Pancreator is with us, my lords! Oh, and give that prisoner into inquisition's hands. They will show him path to the Holy Flame.

Magnus: As you wish, my lord, but he could be useful...

Benedict: Pancreator is calling him, Magnus, and we cannot oppose the will of Pancreator...

Magnus: Of course, Sire.

Benedict: And withdraw our troops to the palace complex. Train more of them, both foot and tanks. We really need them. We have to track down any rebelliants left on Kish, besides, one cannot have to many troops, am I right, my lords?

Magnus: Yes, Sire. Reinforcements are en-route now. First plane is to leave the factory any moment.

Benedict: Excellent. And what with our scientific progresss, Cassandra?

Cassandra: It has conspicously slowed down after the end of our tech alliance with Al-Malik, but due to your orders we do our best to keep all of our three labs working, whilst only two of Al-malik's labs are managing to do any research. We will soon make them repent their decision. And our treasury chest is larger than theirs, Sire.

Benedict: Good to know. That's everything for now, thank you, my noble lords and ladies. Expect the next conference any time. May Pancreator guide our steps! All praise is due to him!

kirov
Assault Legionnaire

Postby kirov » Thu Feb 20, 2003 2:09 pm

Extracts from Lord Benedict of Li Halan's diary:

Unfortunately, changes of my plans require some costs. But I hope everything will be settled down, provided nothing unexpected occurs. That old weird wire-brained Doc. Ash has finally given me what I want - secrets of freighters production. According to our intelligence branch, no other house will get it in less than three years. At least I know that cash spent on labs is paying off now. Should establish more of them, but not on Kish this time - don't want to imagine what would happened if all our techs were lost.

Got combat reports from Icon. After our bombardment small farming village surrended almost without a fight. Casualties - one private, eaten by some strange fish (about 12 yards long) while bathing in the sea. General Magnus very happy, he still thinks I will send him our transports to shift the invasion into blitzkrieg. Stupid haughty bastard.

Our economy is getting sluggish. Ordered to build a palace complex on Malignatius and sent a tax collector there. Someone from the family should also be dispatched. Lord Rein earned my trust recently, maybe I will award him. Seems eligible.

Got the general description of the relic found in the ruins of ancient Talathor. It's a mirror with astonishingly beatiful ornations, obviously a sort of magic item. I ponder giving it to Patriarch as a present... After a closer examination, of course.

Van Ort, Inquisitor from Holy Officium, found some traces of heresy in the Forton, the farming village northwards to Fort Koslin. Can be spread in all the surrounding villages... Actually, that's good. At least inquisitors can kill the time somehow. I can use this card also, to incite some riots and turn the public opinion's attention away from our recent crises. Farmers expendable. Ha! My dear diary, ain't I too cynical?

According to prognoses, thanks to our arboriums in a few years our food stocks will be greater that metal ones. Have to establish some mines. As if I run out of things to do...

Maur13
Assasin

Postby Maur13 » Mon Feb 24, 2003 2:52 pm

Year 4972, Isthakhr Palace complex.

Sire, our scouts discovered that mining complex right across the mountain range from the oil wells we just conquered is only slightly defended. We might be able to capture it with present army, which was immediately dispatched.
Metal production insuffiecent, large food production surplus.

Sire, Arborium was finally capture. Its badly damaged, but we are developing our food production finally.

All quiet here, Sire.

Only planet development and exploration still to do. Both proceeding well. Also, troops for permanent land garrison are beign assembled. Engineer shipment for Nowhere almost ready.

Sire, not much is hapenning here. Exploring mostly. No sign of Symbiot activity, although the Hive still exists.

Sire, total of 3 farms and one mine was captured, good food production, negligible metal.

Sire, still waiting, resting and preparing assault positions.

Sire, our second Frigate arrived at Stigmata, ready to battle Symbiot Blow Ship we damaged previously. First frigate is beign repaired, while Cruiser finished bombarding Shaprut and was moved to Criticorum.

Sire, this year report.
Military Output. Engineers 2. Militia 1. SP artillery 1.
Military Input. Engineers 4. Milita 1. SP Artillery 1.
Industrial production.
F 503/1054 E 50/170 M 716 T 25/223 Ex 5 Ch 5/20 El 0/11 Ce 10 Ge 17
The industrial situation is not very good, sire. Development is slowed, as engineers either are needed elsewhere or are beign built too far away from main complex.

Sire, this year ratings.
Li Halan 753(3.8%), Hazat 631(3.4%), Decados 610(3.4%), Hawkwood 782(9.2%), Al-Malik 939(4.8%)
Hawkwoods discovered advanced bacteriology, sire. Our spies reports first one was built on Delphi already.
Stigmata seems to still have some transports available.

Income 1285, expenses 1440
Sire, something has to be done about our financial situation, finally. We are cannibalizing resources which should be used to produced more advanced goods instead...

We are doing our bests to research space transports as soon as possible sire. From what i know from Lady Yildiz, we will do it sooner than industry would allow to construct them.

Duke Maurice-
Well done. Remember my lords and ladies, our main priority is to finally get our space industry going without slowing total growth, with secondary ones beign capturing Criticorum palace, expansion to Nowhere and securing Stigmata orbit for our transport ships.

kirov
Assault Legionnaire

Postby kirov » Thu Feb 27, 2003 2:38 pm

Encoded transmission
To: General Orlando Brett, Icon
Date: 7.1.4974

Greetings, Sire

Unfortunately, I haven't obtained permission for Operation Thunderbolt. Expect no reinforcements for at least a few years. Our economy, paramount in Benedict's plans, got sluggish recently. We lack resources and engineers and thus we failed to meet this year's production quota. The worst thing is we haven't started the freighter's construction, which was very important to Benedict. Needless to say, he's really displeased and don't even want to hear abour invasion on Icon. Tho our treasure chest and research output progress neatly, they still can't meet Benedict's expectations. With regent elections taking place soon, he doesn't give our issue even a single thought. From what I know, his secondary goal is to industrialise Malignatius. However, there's still something missing here - Benedict ordered me to stay ready and not to leave Kish under any circumstances. He wants something I don't know now - but I think I will learn it soon. Maybe it has something to do with Imperial Eye? Dunno.

General Magnus Li-Halan, Duke of Icon, Grand Master of the Jade Order

EDIT: Edited to add a date

<small>[ 14-03-2003, 16:45: Message edited by: kirov ]</small>

Maur13
Assasin

Postby Maur13 » Sun Mar 09, 2003 8:11 pm

Year 4973, Isthakhr Palace complex.

Sire, our offensive will begin next year.

Two arboriums now, Sire. Although food is still not abundant, it should be even better soon.

Food situation worsening, sire. But it won't matter soon, anyway...

As requested, we cancelled Engineer expedition to Nowhere. This allowed building of industrial complexes, whose should be finished next year, and we will have space industry availabe, and production will be started next year when singularities become available, just as we research freighters!
We will need a naval transport soon, if we are goin to expand it even more, to build energy gathering sites on seas.

Sire, everything quiet.

Sire, the fourth farm was captured. If this is supposed to be food producing colony, it ccertainly is now.

Sire, all reinforcements in place, attack on Criticorum palace will commence soon.

Sire, i am very pleased to report the Symbiot forces over Stigmate were defteated and our frigate sustained only minor damage. Stigmata orbit is now safe for transports.
Our Cruiser was almost destroyed by PTS cannons on Criticorum. I urge you to withdraw it, as we can't allow ourselves to lose it...

Sire, this year report.
Military Output. Engineers 6. Milita 1.
Military Input. Engineers 5.
Industrial production.
F 556/1280 E 90/203 M 732 T 25/228 Ex 6 Ch 5/20 El 20/13 Ce 10 Mo 0/10 Ge 18
Excellent, Sire!As Lord Kadir noticed, we finally managed to start our space industry, and it should be finished next year.
Not only that, but we also have very large food production, especially on Istakhr, where we should be able to sell surpluses.

Sire, this year ratings.
Li Halan 805(6.9%), Hazat 648(2.6%), Decados 625(2.5%), Hawkwood 819(4.7%), Al-Malik 1024(9.0%)
Sire, we made a minor tech deal with other house, receiving nanotechnology in the process.
All houses now have arboriums technology, and Li Halans probably achieved freighters. Hazats seem to be concentrated on expanding metal production on Aragon, but most troubling reports came from Kish. It seems Li Halans built rudimentary space industry and have first cyclotron!
Also, Malignatius is officially claimed by House Li Halan now.

Elections are very close. And it seems that Lord Benedict changed his mind about beign our loyal minister and begun threatening us...

Income 1473, expenses 1440
Excellent, Sire. Not only we managed to eliminate our deficit for first time, we also managed to avoid selling precious Istakhr trace. All that while financing all our labs!

Singularity tech researched, Sire. Jump drives completion estimated next year!

Duke Maurice-
Ok. Scrap the Nowhere project now. We need more transport capacity first. Ship the engineers to Stigmata, they should kicksart development here, bulk hauler will be useful on bannockburn later, and as resource transport, too. Use the remaining ones to develop space industry on Istakhr.

kirov
Assault Legionnaire

Postby kirov » Fri Mar 14, 2003 5:48 pm

24.6.4975, Fort Jericho, Byzantium Secundus

Dear uncle!

You know you should not scare me so much, especially while not elucidating any reasons of your anxiety. You know we can trust on our messenger, captain Han Multi, and you know that I am acquainted with every single detail of our foreign affairs. That is why I have thought that you are so erratic because you are not sure what is to be afraid of. But let me put it simply - there were absolutely no problems with elections, and we will meet our goal, I assure you. How could you think otherwise? I would know about any schemes with Church or League involved and I would know if someone was successful to find that mythical, long lost sceptre on Leminkeinen. So neither Hazat nor Decados could not thwart our plans. Of course, I am aware of another possibility - that Al-malik would not vote for themselves - but I can only laugh at that. Which problems grew so big that you are getting so paranoid? I am not stupid - I know about tensions, I am always well informed thanks to Genevieve - but God damn, we cannot always assume the worst. Why do not believe that every single citizen of Kish is actually an enemy spy then? You are very wise and experienced, dear uncle, but this time you have overestimated treacherousness of Al-malik. And their stupidity. They would have to be stupid to make sworn enemies from us and Hawkwoods just to assure we do not grab Imperial Fleet. Their petty devious tricks are one thing, such a huge treason is another. Nobody would ever trust them, not to mention help them while at war. And you should better than I know they are not stupid - could morons build so powerful empire? To claim so many planets? Damn, my uncle, they even dare to fight Symbiots themselves! But that may be their doom, I have told you that already. Just do not be too impetuous - one often regrets hasty decisions. I am sure you know what I mean...
Fear not about these elections - better tell your son to prepare his admiral uniform. But of course, there is an issue of the next ones... Let us wait with that. For now, we should just hold our horses and see what Pancreator chose for us. I believe we have His blessings and that He guides our steps. Now, when we dare to reach the stars and construct even new starships, we can look for unexplored worlds, to escape the curse of Darkening Suns - or to find the Cure. Did I mention that Al-maliks have always commenced starship construction - almost in the same time as we? Never underestimate them. And watch your back. May the Almighty be with you!

Your sincerely,
Damien Li-Halan

EDIT: Edited to correct stupid mistakes

<small>[ 16-03-2003, 00:40: Message edited by: kirov ]</small>

kirov
Assault Legionnaire

Postby kirov » Fri Mar 14, 2003 6:52 pm

The palace on Kish, meeting of the High Council of Li-Halan, hosted by Benedict, head of House Li-Halan, AD 4976

High Council:
Benedict Li-Halan, Head of the High Council

Nicodemus, son of Benedict, Admiral of the Imperial Fleet, will-be Criticorum governor

Cassandra, Home Secretary, Kish governor

Magnus, War Secretary, will-be Icon governor

Genevieve, Foreign Secretary

Benedict: Greetings, lords and ladies. I hope you had a good journey. I know that some of you had a long way to travel. But, as usually, there are many things to discuss, and many decisions to take. Some of the recent events are very...interesting. But first, reports. Cassandra, could you?

Cassandra: Of course, my lord. Colonisation of Kish proceeds nicely. In a few years we will have intensive mining industry established. But slowly we run out of good and productive sites. If we don't want to waste our engineers, we should move them in another place. The question is, which one?

Benedict: Maybe Magnus could cast some light on this issue...

Magnus: Sire, according to our agreements with Al-maliks, we have just started taking over Criticorum. No sign of treachery, so far. No resistance, no sabotage, everything is proceeding smoothly and by the numbers.

Benedict: We shall see...

Genevieve: It may be our last agreement with Al-maliks. Just when I wanted to report that our relations have eased, they dared to claim - publicly - that we had threatened them some time ago. Should we comment it somehow?

Benedict: Hmm, let me think... no, it is not neccessary. They proved to be unloyal claiming we are unloyal. And actions speak louder than words...

Genevieve: I see... Now they have their words against their own devious action...

Benedict: Exactly. So let's not comment this. Any other problems from abroad?

Genevieve: Why, elections, of course. But they weren't very exciting - all the bones and votes were cast ages ago, my lord. Imperial fleet is to your command. Oh, and some research exchanges took place, we obtained Monofilament and Xenobiology in the process. There were some.. problems, but now I'm sure that our peaceful growth is secured.

Benedict: Keep it unchanged. We will not have Imperial Fleet forever. But there is a problem I see - should we colonise Criticorum? We cannot hold the entire planet, you know. I have already invited Decados there, and there should be also some fleet outposts close to the north pole..

Magnus: It's not the reason we should resign from colonisation. Of course, some decent garrison couldn't be harmful, I believe.

Cassandra: Why not industrialise our three border planets equally? Malignatius does quite well, but now, with space industry growing, maybe we should reconsider our Icon plans? Any arboriums there would be very efficient...

Benedict: You're right, as usually. But remember Kish cannot be left defenseless now when Imperial Eye is under control of other house.

Magnus: We will try to manage to do it without Kish garrison, Sire. Especially with a little help of the Fleet...

Benedict: I don't want to overuse it. Others can get somewhat annoyed with us.

Magnus: I'm sure they will not protest against fighting rebels. And after all, that can't be overusing.

Benedict; Right. But I want them to be informed they have nothing to fear from us. What do you need for Icon?

Magnus: Our bulk hauler and freighter, even empty, will surely do. Our troops on the surface are eager to fight!

Benedict: That's what I wanted to hear. Now, let's get to the details..

<small>[ 16-03-2003, 00:44: Message edited by: kirov ]</small>

Maur13
Assasin

Postby Maur13 » Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:32 pm

Regential Decree, 4976.0001

The Furtherment of Imperial Power.

1:
Every minister, be he Imperial Fleet, Stigmata Garrison or Imperial Eye, is obliget to maintain three cities, fort, factory and starport, on each of the following planets:

a)Noble House's homeworlds, specifically, Kish, Aragon, Severus, Delphi, Istakhr.
All ministerial cities there should be build within transportation range of League Agora (ie: 6 hexes), and cities of the same ministry must be adjacent to each other.

Each House is supposed to provide free building space for those cities, according to above guidelines.

b)Holy Terra
All ministerial cities there should be build on continent called Australia.

c)Leagueheim.
All ministerial cities there should be build on Leagueheim islands. Specifically, Imperial Fleet receives the hill island in the central sea of Leagueheim, Stigmata Garrison receives 3/4 of 4-hex Island near north pole, and Imperial Eye receives 1/4 of the same island, and nearby 2-hex island.

2:
To ensure future industrial/resource independence of ministeries, there is a need to choose at least one planet as a sole possesion of Imperial Ministeries.
Since it is very delicate issue, the decision exactly which planet will be ceded to Ministeries needs to be collective.

First vote, the number of planets assigned to ministeries will be made in 4979.

The second vote will be made in the year 4980, then another in 4981 and so on (discarding the least-supported planet)

If the selected planet will have less than 8 gems (very likely, as there is no such planet:D), we will have to discuss future locations of Ministerial gem mines. The requirment is 20 gems for Imperial Fleet, and 10 for both Stigmata and Imperial Eye.

Prior to the second vote, i expect your proposals and arguments.

Appendix A. Due to general hardship and lack of proper space transports of various ministeries, it will be suffiecent if each ministry build 3 cities on one planet, or 2 on two planets.

Appendix B. Possible Ministerial planets.
Criticorum: Very central location. No gems.

Madoc: Waterworld. Located between Leagueheim and Byzantium, apart from that not very central location. No gems.

Leminkainen: The Lost Sceptre is there. Contrary to first impression, central location. Two Gems.

Malignatius. Fairly central location. A LOT of gems. Claimed by house already.

Aylon. Central Location (again contrary to first impression). No gems.

Gwynneth. Fairly central location. Two Gems.

Pyre. Rich desert planet, and some gems. Fairly central location.

Duke Maurice Al-Malik, Imperial Regent.

Maur13
Assasin

Postby Maur13 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:02 pm

Well, where to start, from beginning or from end?

Beginning.

The story ended in 4976, with ill-fated decree from newly appointed Regent, Maurice Al-Malik. He was voted in by Hawkwood (Imperial Eye), Li Halan (Imperial Fleet) and Al-Malik (Stigmata Garrison).

Well, the decree was shouted down, starting from Hazat (Mike replaced Icedrop some time before. Generally we had a lot of replacements in this game), and by Li Halan. Have i mentioned the decree was surprise to everyone?

Nedless to say, Al-Malik position looked bleak after that, and it wasn't long after that it was apparent that Li Halan were scheming diplomatically against Al-Maliks, the house they were allied to for first 20 years.

Upcoming elections showed it well. Al-Maliks realized too late they were beign outmaneuvered and while they gathered support of (PDF) Decados, votes of (Revicul) Hawkwoods, (Mike) Hazat and (Kirov) Li Halans were suffiecent enough. In 4986, Hazat became the Regent, and Stigmata Garrison was his ministry.

Few words about general situation. The Grapsh were distorted by Ministry points, but two things were clear. One was that House Decados was in stagnation (Sorry PDF, but you're not really a micromanager :D
By 5012, Stigmata Garrison is pretty much dead, with only few forces holding few cities and main complex lost to Al-Malik.

BUT!

The main event of 5012 was the final invasion! The forces of Alliance, for long time gathering on Hawkwood Gwynneth finally made the move and entered Bannockburn space.

2 Dreadnoughts, 14 Cruisers, 7 Destroyers, 9 Frigates, 1 Battle Carrier, 3 Invasion Landers and one Assault, 7 Space Fighters and 6 Torpedo BOmbers, 1 Bulk Hauler and 1 Freighter along with 14 unknown units on board of transports. And more ships waiting on Gwynneth. (By the way, at that time Gwynneth had sizeable Church fleet, which was also at war against Al-Malik. They bombarded some lone naval transport there.. :D )

At that time, the defense forces of Bannockburn consisted of 1 Meson Starbase and 1 Torpedo Bomber... but House Al-Malik stealtships provided enough information to reveal the time and place of invasion, and careful plans were drawn. When Allied fleets appeared on Bannockburn, reinforcements and relics were quickly jumped in and it was decided that Decados Fleet will be attacked.

Decados were spearheading the attack. Their fleet was strongest, consisting of 2 Dreadnoughts, 4 Cruisers, 2 Destroyers, 4 Frigates, 1 Bulk Hauler, 1 Freighter, 2 Fighters and 4 Torpedo Bombers.

After waves of Al Malik Torpedo Bombers, aided by Relics and one Meson Starbase finished their attacks, lone and heavily damaged Decados Dreadnought was still alive... this costed AL-Malik fleet 8 of their 14 Torpedo Bombers, but it was devastating for Decados military, which is supported by smallest industrial base.

After, the main body of Al-Malik Fleet jumped in from Stigmata, and at the dawn of 5013, 3 Dreadnoughts, 4 Cruisers, Meson Starbase and 4 Torpedo Bombers wait for Alliance move.

Maur13
Assasin

Postby Maur13 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:04 pm

Ah, and thats my latest announcement in the game ;)

In the light of onslaught by all other Royal Houses,
the Church, the Regent and all Imperial Ministers, we,
noble Al-Malik family declare all ties between our
realm and the Empire null and void.

The Empire brought nothing but misery on people of
Al-Malik. So did the Church and other Royal Houses.
From now on, the worlds of Al-Malik House shall become
sovereign entity, and thus we declare the independence
of Stigmatian Republic, consisting of worlds of
Stigmata, Istakhr, Shaprut, Bannockburn, Nowhere,
Absolution and Aylon, with its Capital on Stigmata.

The state, after the war with Empire ends, shall be
ruled by elected representatives of the People, ruled
by law and inspired by liberty, equality and
rationality, values of late Second Human Republic.

The Republic lays claim to all Symbiot worlds-Daishan,
Absolution and Chernobog, as well as the worlds of
Criticorum and Gwynneth. The Republic shall not rest
until those are secured.

The Republic wishes to maintain friendly ties to
Merchant League of the Empire, as well as Vau
Hegemony.

Signed by,

Duke Maurice Al-Malik, prime minister of provisional
goverment of Stigmatian Republic and
commander-in-chief of SR military.

Return to “Opponents wanted”