Anyone still playing MP?

MP related, ...

Moderator: Sukayo

PDF
Assault Legionnaire

Re: Anyone still playing MP?

Postby PDF » Mon Sep 02, 2002 10:12 am

Can join for playing ... Decados ! Not the nicest guys, but that's cool :)

What pace will we go ? One turn/week ??
Behold, real-time !
PDF

Maur13
Assasin

Postby Maur13 » Mon Sep 02, 2002 10:49 am

good :)

Well, i don't know. As fast as we make turns, that's for sure. I would advise to send two e-mails with turns, as e-mails sometimes don't reach their destinations...

Well, anyway, i will contact Brand and tell him to start first turn, and sent save to Icedrop. Btw, post your e-mail, PDF.

Ah, as i said before, i upped League production, so agoras will be correctly replenished. I will send galaxy file to all of you.

Deathifier
Noble

Postby Deathifier » Mon Sep 02, 2002 5:54 pm

I just have one small recomendation and that is to keep in touch, and often.

Turns get burried in busy mailboxes, the internet eats e-mail containing turns when it feels hungry and people delay turns when they get busy.
They happen, and the best way to keep things moving is to broadcast when turns are sent (via e-mail, not the msg board) and if there is any sort of delay to e-mail the person who is supposed to have the turn and see what is happening.

A bit of gentle reminding is all that is required for the turn to pop back to the top of their prority list ;)

- Deathifier

Maur13
Assasin

Postby Maur13 » Mon Sep 02, 2002 8:32 pm

Thanks for advice Deathfier. One more question, i'm aware of the fact that people sometimes just disappear. Could you store our passwords? So in case someone disappear without warning, the game wouldn't be lost?

Btw, guys, i sent you galaxy file. If someone hasn't received me, mail me and i will resend it. The game should start in few hours.

Maur13
Assasin

Postby Maur13 » Mon Sep 02, 2002 8:38 pm

forgot about one thing, pdf, we still need your e-mail.

Sukayo
Noble

Postby Sukayo » Mon Sep 02, 2002 10:14 pm

for the passwords: post the password to the next player, like Li-Halan to Hazat, Hazat to Decados, ...
That gives the highest security.

PDF
Assault Legionnaire

Postby PDF » Mon Sep 02, 2002 11:09 pm

My email is normally in my profile info, but here it is anyway : pdifolco@wanadoo.fr
I never lose/ignore a mail, if I don't respond either I'm not able to or not willing :p
Behold, real-time !
PDF

Deathifier
Noble

Postby Deathifier » Tue Sep 03, 2002 9:40 am

For passwords what Sukayo said is the best, an alternative is to combine that with everyone sending their password to the game's creator (under the assumption that said creator is the least likely person to vanish).

There isn't a really good way of having a 3rd party hold onto them, and in almost every case the above system(s) work fine :)

- Deathifier

Revicul
Assault Legionnaire

Postby Revicul » Tue Sep 10, 2002 2:34 am

I suggest that everyone when their turn is complete, send an email to everyone else that they have sent the turn on. This way everyone will know the progress of the game, and where the game is hung up.

Li Halan - Brand email: ?
Hazat - Icedrop email: .r.delacruz@sbcglobal.net
Decados - PDF email: pdifolco@wanadoo.fr
Hawkwood - Revicul email: revicul@comcast.net or dw2@umbc.edu
Al-Malik - Maur email: tomek_kulesza@yahoo.com

-Dan

Maur13
Assasin

Postby Maur13 » Tue Sep 10, 2002 3:16 pm

Brand e-mail is walterschellenberg@yahoo.ca

btw, i finally got my firt turn. I think i'm little paranoid, worrying if all of you managed to already start producing singularities :)

<small>[ 10-09-2002, 15:29: Message edited by: Maur13 ]</small>

PDF
Assault Legionnaire

Postby PDF » Fri Sep 13, 2002 3:44 pm

Hi all,
I'm the slowiest player of the bunch -Decados have other to do than ruling !

Just confirm me some points about House Rules :
* Byzantium units can be used freely, isn't it ?
* No selling of maps to Vau ?

Also, may we use this post as an AAR/Game forum for discussions ?

Decados already complaints that the Universe screwed them, with an homeworld up very far from Byzantium !
We anyway propose to unite the Houses against the Symbiots, before they become a worst threat. Who's in first line ?

BTW, yes, we produce lots of Singularities, why don't you ? :D
Behold, real-time !
PDF

Maur13
Assasin

Postby Maur13 » Fri Sep 13, 2002 11:35 pm

Yep, you are right about house rules. You might have noticed that both Hawkwoods and i(Al-Malik) already shipped some units off Byzantium. And the fact i meet Decados freighter over Criticorum, loaded with 2 Power Armor Legions, i suppose, means you begun it too :D

No selling maps to Vau, true.

The only house rule which was changed, was about sects. In fact, i edited the sect of Leagueheim to Eskatonic, as you can see on Church screen. I plan myself to change my sect to Incarnates eventually. That's all just for flavor, as sects doesn't have any effect in the game (except the flock number in the screen, and Patriarch prefix...)
The hard part is that changing sect permanently changes loyalty of units, so it only should be done on completly empty planet. The good thing is that every church you build later will have the latest sect you choose. So, if anyone want to change their sect too, be very careful, especially not to affect loyalty of units like nobles or scepters.

Ah, my Homeworld, Istakhr, is far away from Byzantium, too. Though i don't complain, i'm pretty comfortable with my distant position :D

Btw, i heard from Li Halan that Hazat graph declined drastically. Did they disband their spacefleet, or some Kurgan barbarians trounced the over Vera Cruz? :D

I hope we can use this thread, too.

Ah, one more thing. I just realized we might change one thing in game. Namely, allows sceptors to be transported, this will allow things like trading them, and moving your effective capital too. Though their location should be know to all players.

PDF
Assault Legionnaire

Postby PDF » Tue Nov 26, 2002 11:03 am

Hi all !
Brand (HAZAT - not Li Halan) just informed me that he couldn't play anymore, so we lack a player now ...
I have his password and can play his House but it doesn't feel fair. Maybe we can alternate play of this House between us as long as we don't have another player ?

What do you think ?

Edited to correct House name of player ...

<small>[ 28-11-2002, 22:38: Message edited by: PDF ]</small>
Behold, real-time !
PDF

Nullius
Fighter pilot

Postby Nullius » Wed Nov 27, 2002 3:06 am

I'm looking to get into a few games I'll play li-halan if you guys want.
The flogging will continue untill morale improves.

PDF
Assault Legionnaire

Postby PDF » Thu Nov 28, 2002 11:33 pm

I'd be OK for you Nullius to join, but I need your email address ! Mine is pdifolco@wanadoo.fr

And I was mistaken by the handle of the player, he was in fact HAZAT House, not Li Halan ... Sorry !
Does it still suits you ?

<small>[ 28-11-2002, 22:36: Message edited by: PDF ]</small>
Behold, real-time !
PDF

Return to “Opponents wanted”