Byzantium II - PBEMHyp

MP related, ...

Moderator: Sukayo

Mjolnir420
Fighter pilot

Byzantium II - PBEMHyp

Postby Mjolnir420 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:09 am

So this game is based on a RP game. IMO that among other things would suggest that one of the many things the game could never convey was the depth of diplomacy that was meant to occur. To that end I propose we establish a sort of senate, something like what must be on Byzantium II in the game universe. I think any agreement made regarding sceptres (votes) or offices on Byzantium II should have to be announced in a central forum (something like the Imperial Palace on Byzantium II). Just an idea, it would certainly make attempts for Emperorship that much harder as I'm sure no one wants to be the one who gets duped into giving him a majority vote...
I also think that the Imperial Fleet, The Eye, and the Stigmata garrison should submit pcx files or screenshots <a href="http://iquest.tucows.com/files2/iview398.exe"> (small tool to use them)</a> or at least reports indicating that some of the resources of the imperium are indeed being used to benefit I.E. the Eye monitors player homeworlds and shares some intel, the garrison reports on situation with symbiots and teh Imperial Fleet fights off pirates (maybe goes to war with league if it declares third republic) etc...

May be off the wall with this idea but I think the whole appeal of this game is its more intricate details and the enjoyment one gleens from being a noble and whatever backstory you develop when you play

At the very least any voting promises should have to be made here as part of the in game agreements made and after the voting the person you cast your vote for should be posted here (you of course wont cast your vote if you promised it away...)

p.s. to take a screenshot from game hti CTRL+SHIFT+~ then the screen.pcx file will pop up in the top level of your EFS folder and using the tool previously mentioned can be edited and shared

Mjolnir420
Fighter pilot

Re: Byzantium II - PBEMHyp

Postby Mjolnir420 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:13 pm

House Decados would like to announce the liberation of the planet Cadiz!<br>Image
With the capturing of this palace we have consolidated our control on the planet and claim it for our house, and the empire!

Grimly Fiendish 2
Assault Legionnaire

Re: Byzantium II - PBEMHyp

Postby Grimly Fiendish 2 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:34 pm

Mjolnir420, I think that's a great idea!

I've been working on an offscreen system for managing diplomacy and Imperial functions, and I wanted to include screenshots but wasn't sure whether it was practical. I would want it for things like allowing the Eye to report theft by Ministers (assuming the player sees a pod in transit between another Ministry and an Agora during his turn) and the use of captured Symbiot units. Players could report the destruction of Hives and Vau cities and prove that they have destroyed captured Symbiots.

The system is untested of course, but it is supposed to:

(1) give the Regent more to do than appoint Ministers—he can resolve disputes and break ties when deciding such matters as when to change the Unit files

(2) make the bonus system for fighting aliens and the League actually mean something

(3) make ethics more than just a set of nanny rules under which no one is allowed to have any fun

(4) allow role playing of traits like Rule of Law—Hawkwood must avoid open stealing, but Decados is not expected to do so

In addition the Ministers would have powers such as interdicting planets, demanding that techs be struck, raising levies, etc. Each House would start with 100 points, and the Regent would make statements expressing confidence or displeasure with his Ministers, boosting or decreasing their standing.

So this tool would be really useful!

PS: I like your idea of requiring votes to be public.

Return to “Opponents wanted”