How about new game?

MP related, ...

Moderator: Sukayo

kirov
Assault Legionnaire

Re: How about new game?

Postby kirov » Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:00 pm

Could you guys provide any link to your game reports as soon as they appear? Looks like it gonna be an interesting game...

BTW, Belsauron, why did Ruslan disappear from this forum? I really enjoyed his posts, regardless of the topic he wrote on. :)

cy387_lk
Vau Ambassador

Postby cy387_lk » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:25 am

hey, let's finish that :) They've got enough already for their words. I'm not protecting anyone, just let's finish this "war" :roll:
Do I like science fiction? Sure! But only a bad one!...
("Tales of Pirx The Pilot" after Stanislaw Lem)

Igor
Space Legionnaire

Postby Igor » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:46 am

Boris, I return in Vladivostok now and send for you save. See your mailbox.
Good morning Kirov! Ruslan want to make decription of this game similated description Tiberius game in Subversion forum. This is will something similated sci-fi book. I will help to him in this case. But I don't sure what he will participate in this forum again.
P.S. May be this book will be bestseller? :)

<small>[ 25.08.2004, 03:15: Message edited by: Belsauron ]</small>

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:49 am

Would you guys mind adding me to your CC list for you game?

I'd really like to keep up on how the game is going. There is a reason, by the way, why I haven't started a new Hyperion Gamma PBEM - things are still too much in flux.

I'm really trying to balance the harvest / production capabilities and so that is changing.

I already have a new update that I haven't posted yet that increases Engineer Metal usage to 500, multiplies unit Metal usage by 1.5 and halves unit Monopol usage.

I hope you'll be willing to update from time to time or if you haven't started yet, I can get you the latest update before you start.

Anyway, keep me informed about how your game goes and as always, send me your comments for improvement!

Matt

P.S. By the way, maybe you guys should play more than one PBEM - I'd love to see some people playing the Fulcrum galaxy to check it out and provide comments. I'm going to "fix" the HOriginal galaxy, by the way, and make it tougher to steal the League and Church ships. Well, have fun playing!
Matt

Igor
Space Legionnaire

Postby Igor » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:09 am

I not tell about bugs in PBEM game. I tell about history description of battles, civil war in Houses, alliance and traitors and something else.
Something similated Books, which sell Holistic Design LTD. About another PBEM game in another Galaxy you must request Ruslan. I novice in PBEM game, and if he want to play I will play too.

Igor
Space Legionnaire

Postby Igor » Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:33 am

Galactic news. 25.08.4956 years. 9 o'clock in the morning. " Today at midday crowning of the new governor of powerful House Li-Halan will take place. Young eighteen-year Great duke Belsauron inherited to the to uncle Marco which, feeling approach of new great shocks and new awful war, has decided to depart from has put and to leave in a monastery on Pair that there, in calm and solitude to observe of an event and to not be responsible for a consequence of the new conflict. To crown new duke has arrived nuntio the patriarch - cardinal Victor de la Fuegos ".

A palace of the Patriarch on Holyterra. 22.08.4956.21-00.
The patriarch: the dear cardinal, I was reached with data, that this young duke does not adhere to ideals of sacred Church, it is possible even, that in this House which already is a lot of hundreds years is our most reliable support, has appeared schismatic, and can be and the heretic. As, it agrees traditions, the Sacred church crowns new governor Li-Halan, you are sent for fulfilment of this ceremony. But with you our two brave inquisitors are sent. Operate on circumstances if you doubt of sincerity of intentions of young duke. He has two younger sisters and I do not exclude an opportunity to crown not duke, and duchess.
The cardinal: As will wish yours majesty.

… Planet Kish. A palace of Great duke. 25.08.4956.10 o'clock in the morning.
Meeting of duke Belsauron with the chief of palace guard.
Belsauron: " Today on crowning there arrives the envoy of Church, with it two inquisitors. To look after them, in case of any danger to kill, then we shall accuse of it Decados. I think, that the Church will believe. They will not have other choice ".
Baron Egidius - the chief of guards and the chapter of secret service: " our person in Emperial Eye informs, that the Church does not exclude an opportunity of replacement you on one of your sisters ".
B: "They cannot forget that incident with bishop in any way? Has passed 8 years "
Е: " Your majesty, such is not forgotten - you have ordered to weld his alive, and with the received dish have fed 10 abbeys ".
В: " Yes, the uncle was very dissatisfied, but this silly bishop has forced me to teach 5 prays for a day ".
Е: " they believe, that your hobbies for a science harm to religion ".
В: " is Unimportant, I am not going to observe their interests. The first my Edict will be about opening of new schools and laboratories (3 traits in technologies and the educated aristocrats). People trusts me (a bonus of loyalty), it is necessary to reform army (battlemaster) ".
Е: " It will displease League as researches and technologies is their monopoly ".
B: " I have given to them trading advantages (two negative bonuses in trade). And will be indignant, we shall plunder their warehouse ".
Е: " to me to pay to our informant in Emperial Eye? ".
В: " Yes, pay, well pay. Transfer this note to general Franchesko di Matteo. It will be a good payment for Emperial Eye ".
Е: " What to do with your sisters? ".
В: " In an hour after crowning on my table two heads should lay. You have understood, whose heads it should be? ".
Е: "As You wish".

Planet Kish. 25.08.4956. Of 13 hours of 25 minutes .
Ruins of fortress Emperial Eye.
The report of the general di Matteo.
" Your majesty! The fort is seized, losses are insignificant, a lot of captured. The commander of enemy group is executed. Armies rearrange and go on settlements of rebels ".

cy387_lk
Vau Ambassador

Postby cy387_lk » Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:57 am

Sounds good, but better not in English :D
BTW I'm doing something similar right now...
Do I like science fiction? Sure! But only a bad one!...

("Tales of Pirx The Pilot" after Stanislaw Lem)

Igor
Space Legionnaire

Postby Igor » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:12 am

I can do it in Russian, but newer understand, except you, me and Ruslan. This is englishlanguages forum. If I can I write in Russian lang in this theme.

Igor
Space Legionnaire

Postby Igor » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:19 am

You make your turn or not?
Please send for me you "historic cronicles" in Russian variant when you end work for it.
Also, sometimes ago on site Segasoft was information about History of House Alecto and Emperor Vladimir. If you have it can you send it for me?

RA-Menmare
Fighter pilot

Postby RA-Menmare » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:28 am

Thank for Kirov, which said good words about my literature talants. When I recieve save from Hazat I make epic saga about Decados life.
As for me, Belsauron make good message, but not ideal.

Igor
Space Legionnaire

Postby Igor » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:53 am

May be, may be. I will seen what you do!

Tiberius
Assault Legionnaire

Postby Tiberius » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:02 am

I've reached my destination but find no turn waiting for me. Who's got the turn?
Also I see no postings or e-mails regarding passed turns. Please send an e-mail to everyone in the game stating when the turn has been passed.
Also you need not post statements on this site.
Just e-mail them to the entire game group and I'll post them to the subversion game reports website.

There are also no postings listing the traits taken and the points breakdown of how it was balanced to zero. Please either post them or e-mail a statement to all the players. Remember to cc Matt on all game report e-mails

Matt Caspermeyer
Noble

Postby Matt Caspermeyer » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:29 am

Oh, by the way, I forgot there's an update to balancing traits for Hyperion PBEM's here:

http://www.twarriors.com/~hyperion/tutorials/selectingtraits.html

Pretty similar to the Nova Trait selection system except Battlemaster is much more potent in Hyperion games, for example.

Have fun!

Matt
Matt

Igor
Space Legionnaire

Postby Igor » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:24 am

I am very dissatisfied! I used yours Nova traits rules, and now you speak about Hyperion traits rules. It means, that I should start game over again, make the turn, send his following player and we shall lose a lot of time all for nothing. I have chosen not 8 points, and 9. Otherwise it was impossible, as I should take additional negative ability. Or we continue with Nova traits and we take on 9 points, or we begin all over again and 1 traits = 1 points. To your data, game why that counts that one bonus = 1 points, and your rules, about that that one bonus can be equal 4, 6, 12 points does not perceive. Will suffice to invent! And in general, whose now turn?

RA-Menmare
Fighter pilot

Postby RA-Menmare » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:53 am

I don't know who now turn!!! When declared game rules, all have agreed that it is possible to do one turn in day. I till now have not received save and have now found out, that you guys something have subtilized with traits. Can be in general we shall finish game as it reminds me game in Hyperion Beta. I waited three weeks, but and have not waited a course. I understand all, at many work, families. And at me too. But it is possible to allocate 15-20 minutes into day for game! I do not want to be rude to anybody, but we play as a turtle!

Return to “Opponents wanted”