New Game on vanilla EFS 1.4

MP related, ...

Moderator: Sukayo

swordsaint
Fighter pilot

New Game on vanilla EFS 1.4

Postby swordsaint » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:34 am

Hello folks! I'm new to this forum, and it seems a bit dead, is it? Anyway, I'd like to start a new PBEM game, with roleplaying in it (playing the type of game that each noble house is suited to), so if anyone is interested please message me. The email I read is without the artificial gaps yi anni skoba tsiar is @ gmail.com and my msn is swordsaint@in.gr. I'm waiting for it. :)
Chronomancy: the art and science of divining the appropriate time for an act.

Sukayo
Noble

Postby Sukayo » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:04 pm

good luck with finding opponents!

And what i know it is the place with the most EFS intersted ppl in the known universe here ;).

swordsaint
Fighter pilot

Still nobody?

Postby swordsaint » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:47 am

Come on people! :) I'm sure many of you would enjoy a good game, so please go ahead and message me! :)

LeperColony
Assault Legionnaire

Postby LeperColony » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:51 am

If you can find the people, I'll come along, preferrably as Decados.

I've never played multiplayer before, but I presume it'd be very slow paced.

swordsaint
Fighter pilot

Postby swordsaint » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:07 am

So far we have myself, Garison and LeperColony. 2 more people and we're off! :)

swordsaint
Fighter pilot

Postby swordsaint » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:18 am

It is my first multiplayer game also. I'll play Li Halan, LeperColony will play Decados, Garison hasn't specified yet. The game will unmodded, patched to 1.4 (last version where everything is pretty much fixed). There is a torrent that I have uploaded on the net which can play at windows up to 7, and also includes the game music (the game screen might tremble a bit if you have other windows open at the same time though, so you might want to write the game music on a cd and play it from a cd player - or perhaps winamp works better than silly media player, don't know). The link to download the game, already patched to 1.4, is http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5414370 ... e_Music___)

Garison
Space Legionnaire

HawkWood

Postby Garison » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:48 pm

Well, i like the cold, so i guess i'm going with Hawkwood :)

a few questions; what of house traits/ Universal warehouse/difficulty/ect what settings will we be using ? does the house trait balancing thingy still apply ?

swordsaint
Fighter pilot

Postby swordsaint » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:45 pm

We will play at Ridiculous difficulty, so that we can only pick traits if we take negative ones. Universal warehouse will be, of course, off, otherwise we will spread way too fast and uncontrollably (plus it's not realistic). The map will be historical. And we will not be cheating, right guys? :) Let's play honourably, despite what our personas do in the game. :)

Garison
Space Legionnaire

Postby Garison » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:57 pm

I'm going to be a bit less whimsy and change my faction to Al-malik, i'm not liking holy terra being at my doorstep in the late game :)

swordsaint
Fighter pilot

Postby swordsaint » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:50 am

Sukayo, are you gonna play after all?

Nick Cav
Space Legionnaire

Postby Nick Cav » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:01 pm

ill play as well, just need some details, like how long do you guys think the game will last? and Im calling red if I play. :)

swordsaint
Fighter pilot

Postby swordsaint » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:21 am

Nice. I don't know how long the game will last, I suppose it will depend on how aggressively we'll play and all (and how fast we'll play our turn and mail the sav file to the next).

So, so far we have:

Li Halan: myself
Decados: LeperColony
Al Malik: Garison
Hazat: Nick Cav

We're missing out a Hawkwood and we're ready to go!

Russell
Noble

Postby Russell » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:24 am

I'm willing to play as Hawkwood. I suggest we should use the suggested trait system on the site or not use traits at all, as some of them are considerably more powerful than others and most negatives do not really offset them.

swordsaint
Fighter pilot

Postby swordsaint » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:46 pm

Li Halan: myself
Decados: LeperColony
Al Malik: Garison
Hazat: Nick Cav
Hawkwood: Russell

Please, everybody pm me with your email address, and I will then email all the addresses to everybody so we can start playing.

As for the traits, I agree that some are stronger than others, but since we all can choose them, it's like we all have the same advantage. We could play without any traits at all, but then how could we be sure than somebody hasn't picked any?

Garison
Space Legionnaire

Postby Garison » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:50 pm

I'm sure we can trust that nobody will picks any traits. not much point in being a masterful killing machine when you can only be the best of 5 :) maybe 12 total EFS players in our known universe. Let alone in an unfair way. I'm under the assumption this is mostly for fun and play anyway. so lets see lots of alliances, coordinated attacks vs the church and political mis-use of the regent. Blackmail is also a good option if anyone wants to be underhanded. plenty of fun to be had without traits making it uneven.

we should make a list of rules that we can all consider "fair play". such as "you must leave 1 hex open to all labs, so the church can get to them" or "you must have all hexs around your lab open for church attack; this allows clusters of labs"
Once we get past turn 5 or something all rules should be carved in stone. that way nobody has to change their longterm goals. example "players can't use the agencies to attack players" as a rule, but i have already spent 6000 firebirds buying someones votes in the next election.

Return to “Opponents wanted”