Useless Units?

Settings, background, books - all the things around which are not only the PC game.

Moderator: Russell

S. Legault
Infantery

Useless Units?

Postby S. Legault » Tue Jul 24, 2001 8:26 am

1. Why do I need a priest? Can a church function without him?<P>2. I captured some merchants... can I use them?<P>3. Noble trained as a blademaster... should I risk him in battle?<P>Thanx

Sukayo
Noble

Re: Useless Units?

Postby Sukayo » Tue Jul 24, 2001 9:05 pm

Depends all on the version and patch you are playing. In original EFS not much, NOVA also not. Hyperion more, and other patches possible you must use them. A yes, in NOVA the VAu mercenaries are a interesting unit, similair units could be build based on captured merchants.

Deathifier
Noble

Postby Deathifier » Wed Jul 25, 2001 5:34 am

Some would argue that in the original EFS anything above artilery was useless, mostly because of the values the units had.<P>I know that in Hyperion it is setup so every unit has a role to play, and the useless units (like prists/clergy) are modified so they are actually combat units, same with merchants.<P>I wouldn't go risking Blademasters in original EFS, maybe in one of the mods (the higher ones in Hyperion are pretty strong) you would.<BR>Regardless of the mod your playing risking your nobles in battle is your choice, remember if they are killed, they're gone for good :)<P>As for the church functioning w/o a priest, yes I think it does. There were supposed to be situations where you needed a Noble or Officer in a Palace to give you tax, but I don't think that was implemented.<P>Hope this helps!

Russell
Noble

Postby Russell » Wed Jul 25, 2001 5:30 pm

Well, the fact artillery had low accuracy (3) and there were high agility units, it doesn't make everything useless ;)<P>But yea artillery was a bit overpowered, I think it should have that power, but not the movement.

Return to “Fading Suns”