Feudal Reckoning game report

Settings, background, books - all the things around which are not only the PC game.

Moderator: Russell

Deathifier
Noble

Re: Feudal Reckoning game report

Postby Deathifier » Sun Dec 02, 2001 10:16 am

Oh I'm not giving up, I can do something provided my transports (which were over B2, and spotted a single decados frigate) survived :)<P>I don't know what everyone else has but the eye fleet has at least 6 crusiers right next to B2, and probably more I can't see. My entire fleet had trouble killing just 2, which is why two of the three frigates only have less than 1/4 of their health left :)<P>Unless everyone else has a huge fleet hiding somewhere, it looks pretty grim for stopping the claim :)<P>I'm pretty much out of it if the transports went down, the rest of my fleet is too small to do anything, and I can't build more transports to move troops between planets due to a lack of tech (side effect of using transports to go to B2 and not secure nearby planets).<P>So far the highlight of the game was me taking an undefended fort off Hawkwood on B2, thats the only thing that caused any major activity diplomatically :)<P>I don't know what state everyone else is in, guess I'll find out pretty soon!<P>- Deathifier<BR>"Twidles his thumbs in his palace"

Balcer
Fighter pilot

Postby Balcer » Sun Dec 02, 2001 10:20 am

Deathifier:<P>I agree with Tiberius, that You still can win. To be honest my moove was the only chance to acheive balance in the game again. Now all of You are united against me and will fight to death, or... You will simply die. You see... I can not let You live after my winning. Your death is small price for peace and stability in the uniwerce. :roll: <P>SEAL units are more useless in the entire game. They cost a lot and can be hit in almost any combat phase. So, 1 AA gun and they can do nothing. Yes, they can hit noble, but they have very small chances on it (of course when noble has guards)<P><BR>Tiberius:<P>As You know main power in this scenario lies in ruins, and thats the main problem with it (in my humble opinion). Great Eye transport and firepower strength in space and on the groud is unstoppable, when somebody can use it wisely. Ministries are just to strong, especially when houses are crippled by very strong rebels, and voting in the first election is allowed.

Deathifier
Noble

Postby Deathifier » Sun Dec 02, 2001 1:47 pm

Balcer: I have no idea what the others are capable of, maybe they have something up their sleeve.<BR>And I had guards, but look at the agility of SEAL's compared to infantry accuracy...<P>Tiberus:<BR>I agree, the ruins are a big wildcard, not only what is in the but the defenders - the eye fleet can only be so large because it found a lot of ruins with starships guarding them, the units you find inside the ruins go to house control (fun bug).<BR>What I've dug out so far has been a bunch of singularities and a tech, though I've only just started going through all of them (army busy moving from one end of planet to other to take palace) and on Stigmata there wasn't much at all in what I've dug up so far (found a relic, but relic and no theurgy makes it useless, plus it was in the transports that probably just blew up) :)<P>We're currently in 4979, going into 4780, and I haven't seen a single symbiot unit since I got control of the ministry. There were 3 damaged starbases left and that was it for its space fleet.<P>I think the eye gets a bonus due to mobilitiy, each of their forts has a lander in it, and they also have reasonably powerful units so they can wipe out ruins easily. Stigmata has to build transports if the invasion lander vanishes, and it can't move the powerful forces offworld, and the fleet I dunno about, I've hardly seen it around :)<P>Anyway if it lasts long enough maybe I'll find a new transport in one of these damnnamble ruins, then I can do something!

Balcer
Fighter pilot

Postby Balcer » Sun Dec 02, 2001 2:24 pm

Tiberius:<P>Ruins wasn't kind to me. When You are destroying 3-6 ruins per year You must find something useful.<P>Deathifier:<P>1 AA gun, 2 infantry and SEAL have no chances to win (IMO). Yes, agility is one and ONLY SEALs adwantage, but look how many fight phases are before close. SEAL can be hit even during air combat.<P>----------<BR>army busy moving from one end of planet to other to take palace<BR>----------<P>Mistake, big mistake. <P><BR>Good luck in... killing me.

Deathifier
Noble

Postby Deathifier » Sun Dec 02, 2001 4:34 pm

Yah moving to B2 immediately was a bad idea, I didn't have enough time to pre-test the map to discover that (I knew it was razor-edge firebirds wise), hence the very slow start.<P>Now bow down to my crusier and surrender :)<BR>I think it needs a speed enchancement, good chance it'll be doing much running away soon...<P>And let me guess, you were destroying all those ruins with eye forces?

Balcer
Fighter pilot

Postby Balcer » Sun Dec 02, 2001 5:36 pm

---------<BR>And let me guess, you were destroying all those ruins with eye forces? <BR>---------<P>No. I used combined Eye-House forces on several fronts. As You know most ruins are in large groups - You must gather army only once. With space bombardnent You can acheive high speed in destroying them. More captured ruins means more units, more units means more captured ruins...

Return to “Fading Suns”