Feudal Reckoning game report

Settings, background, books - all the things around which are not only the PC game.

Moderator: Russell

Balcer
Fighter pilot

Re: Feudal Reckoning game report

Postby Balcer » Mon Oct 15, 2001 9:52 am

It was one rebel Vlad Cruiser.<BR>Rebel Cruisers jump to other systems, when they destroy all ground forces on the planet.

Deathifier
Noble

Postby Deathifier » Mon Oct 15, 2001 2:38 pm

They certainly don't move exactly the same way.<P>For example in all my test games the rebel crusier over Vega left and stayed away, but in FR two of the damn things jumped back to Vega from B2, making it rather hard to me to move my transports back (so they stayed at B2 on an extended holiday) until I got my fleet down there to remove them.<P>I think you'll find it's just co-incidence that they all bunch up sometimes, they seem to move separately and just decided Vega was a good place to stop - there were 3 or 4 over B2 at the time they jumped out.<P>- Deathifier

Balcer
Fighter pilot

Postby Balcer » Mon Oct 15, 2001 6:15 pm

Hi Tiberius<P>I must say, that Your scenario is the best, but...<P>1) Many ruins are on jungle/mountains terrain => I can't attack them with mixed armies (armor/infantry)<BR>2) Ministries are to strong, especially Imperial Eye => I can crush all players with one hand now (IMO) ;) <P>I'm talking about Nova version.

Deathifier
Noble

Postby Deathifier » Tue Oct 16, 2001 8:37 am

The eye is probably the only thing that the AI doesn't go and get killed.<P>When control of the ministries was handed out it was revealed that the fleet had a total of two friages left (as well as some starbases over B2) and Stigmata had 3 starbases in pretty bad shape. I really want to know what that damn AI did with the invasion lander!<P>Also I've noticed that the game gives the units to the *House* clearing a ruins, not the *Ministry* that was used. This must be a leftover bug from when both were intermingled (ministry cities built house units, etc) so they can be easily used to bolster the players house units, provided the house can move units around to do it - and the eye is the only thing left with transports until the houses can get some transport tech.<P>So it depends more than what people do with the ministries, including what the AI does with them before they get assigned :)<P>- Deathifier

Balcer
Fighter pilot

Postby Balcer » Tue Oct 16, 2001 12:38 pm

Hi Tiberius<P>Yes, I was talking about Decados home world.<P>Imperial Fleet vs Imperial Eye? Imperial Eye is much, much stronger in space and on the ground. 7 Invasion Landers - great mobile and... MILITARY force. Invasion Lander can destroy Vlad Cruiser i one on one combat.<BR>I suggest changing them to Freighters.<P>I must disappoint You. I will not use the ministry power against others. I'm playing with human players for ultimate challenge, and I don't want artificial military supremacy.

Balcer
Fighter pilot

Postby Balcer » Tue Oct 16, 2001 12:53 pm

Hi Deathifier<P>How did You get informations about Imperial Fleet forces? You are Stigmata Garrison Commander, am I right? <P>I think, that Li Halan used one Vlad Cruiser to clear his space and lost it. Look on power graph. Shortly after nominations there was a marked decline in his points (this data was taken from Decados Intelligence Department and may be wrong)

Deathifier
Noble

Postby Deathifier » Wed Oct 17, 2001 8:10 am

Balcer: Yes I'm the garrison commander :)<BR>When I found out that I had a whole 3 starbases to stop a potentially huge symbiot fleet I requested that the fleet commander send something over to help.<BR>Thats when I found it there wasn't much to send :) Don't know what happened with it, all I know is I've only ever seen 2 fleet frigates the whole game so far, and their B2 starbases.<P><BR>Tiberius: The bug was fixed in a patch (read the history notes in the patch files). And yes I was referring to what they found inside the ruins, not what was defending them. In the past I've only ever seen frigates and a crusier defending but then a lot of other new stuff has occured with Nove so I'm not supprised if something else popped up instead :)<BR>Thing is if they found those ships in the ruins, then they become house units, so unless the minitries find lots of ruins with ships defending them they won't grow in power quickly.<P>Just saying that it's more likely houses will be bolstered than the ministries, but the huge number of ruins throws in a massive random element making it really hard to predict anything :)<P>- Deathifier

Balcer
Fighter pilot

Postby Balcer » Fri Nov 30, 2001 5:33 pm

Hey Tiberius.<P>I decided to take Emperors crown for myself, and I'm still thinking, that Eye ministry is to strong. Well... we will see.

Balcer
Fighter pilot

Postby Balcer » Sat Dec 01, 2001 11:14 am

OK.<BR>I must say, that my claim was totally unprepared, but after my first move 3 nobles on BII are dead, 4 is defenceless and will die in the next Year.<BR>... and I captured 3 Hazats frigates as a cherry on cake.

Deathifier
Noble

Postby Deathifier » Sun Dec 02, 2001 4:05 am

Bah, and here I thought they'd be safe for a few turns to repair :)<BR>At least two are almost dead, nasty rebel crusiers, so no biggie.<P>*shrugs*<BR>Balcer could win by votes only, and all the production and resource facilities on B2 means the offices can make lotsa stuff (minus Stigmata, it needs more than 1 invasion lander so it will survive the AI mishandling) on B2, notably SEALs (I saw it Balcer, but I don't think even 10 infantry would stop it, I concluded that to kill a SEAL I'd need one of my own).<P>Ah well, it hasn't been a very interesting game :)

Return to “Fading Suns”