Books eh?

Settings, background, books - all the things around which are not only the PC game.

Moderator: Russell

Aloid
Fighter pilot

Books eh?

Postby Aloid » Tue Oct 16, 2001 7:45 am

I see comments pointing to books based on EFS, here and there... I know that EFS is based on some RPG rules, but am wondering if there really are any "professionally" published books set in the EFS universe.<P>If so, what would you recommend?<P>Thanky,<P>Aloid

Deathifier
Noble

Re: Books eh?

Postby Deathifier » Tue Oct 16, 2001 8:22 am

The only official books, or indeed any FS books I know of, are produced and distributed by Holistic themselves.<P><A HREF="http://www.holistic-design.com/FS/FSbooks/FSbooks.htm" TARGET=_blank>Here</A> is their books page, although I think there are others. There is a post somewhere further down on this forum where a discussion about who owned what book and what they thought of them took place.<P>- Deathifier

Russell
Noble

Postby Russell » Fri Oct 19, 2001 10:35 pm

Yes, holistic has many talented writers (maybe freelancers?) that have written, and still are writing, books based on the Fading Suns universe.<P>There is the role playing game, and nearly all the books complement that. But usually there are specifics of rules, and backgrounds of what you're reading about (such as Li-halan feifs), which is what I read them for (I have never role played a game like that, and don't plan to, the only role playing I do is in EFS ;)) <P>There is, however, one book called "Sinful Stars" and it is a compilation of short stories based on the Fading Suns universe, and I think it's a great book. It's about 300 pages long, and many of the stories are great. I'd reccomend that as the first fading suns book anyone should buy.

Aloid
Fighter pilot

Postby Aloid » Sat Oct 20, 2001 7:37 am

Thanks for the hints guys. <P>I've found something on the Holistic site called "My Time Among The Stars", which looks interesting.<P>I'll start with that and migrate the "Sinful Stars" around Christmas... ;) <P>Now, it's off to fight the first few turns of Hyperion, while enjoying a nice cold one!<P>Enjoy!<P>Aloid

Return to “Fading Suns”