Most powerful house

Settings, background, books - all the things around which are not only the PC game.

Moderator: Russell

Russell
Noble

Most powerful house

Postby Russell » Sat Feb 02, 2002 4:16 am

I have been thinking about this lately, and am curious about who everyone thinks is the "strongest" of the houses, in the Fading Suns universe, during the Emperor Wars (not after). <p>I feel the Decados were most powerful, because most thought that they would have an emperor seated. But, it also seemed like they were always fighting. For example, fighting the Li-halan on Malignatius, always fighting against the Hawkwoods, etc. The Hazat also seemed powerful, but became very busy against the Kurgans. In the end, Decados seemed to have lost staggering numbers, and seemingly lost the war.<p>But this is just how I view the power structure of Fading Suns, I am not even sure if I am close to right, any comments? ;)

Russell
Noble

Re: Most powerful house

Postby Russell » Tue Feb 12, 2002 5:59 am

Come on all you Fading Suns fans ;)

cy387_lk
Vau Ambassador

Postby cy387_lk » Thu Feb 14, 2002 10:52 pm

Yeah... But the power of a house depends on its ministry durring the game. And the house Decados has much energy on its planet. I just think that is why you call Decados the most powerfull house (in computer hands). By the way the location of this house on a hystorical map is the worst. In the most of my games (Hyperion 1375 Beta) the house Hawkwood always has a big army, three or four planets under control, and sometimes makes me mad. Decados - never. I don't want to kick someone's opinion. But this dispute is useless. The game has a very good house's powers balance. There is some difference between houses, but mainly they are equal. If you have a good ideas about your topic then tell. :roll:
Do I like science fiction? Sure! But only a bad one!...
("Tales of Pirx The Pilot" after Stanislaw Lem)

cy387_lk
Vau Ambassador

Postby cy387_lk » Thu Feb 14, 2002 10:57 pm

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr> Come on all you Fading Suns fans <hr></blockquote>
You are quite right! It semms all have forgotten about this site. As for me I think this is on of the best sites on EFS. Thanks! :) <p>P.S. I'm still working on new fls-es for Hyperion.

Russell
Noble

Postby Russell » Sun Feb 17, 2002 7:55 pm

Eh, I don't think we are talking about the same things.<p>I am talking about the Fading Suns universe, and not the computer game. In the game, I feel Decados is pretty good, but Al-malik the best off. In the fading suns universe, I think Decados seemed most powerful during the emperor wars (not EFS the game, but the role playing universe fading suns, where Decados controlled Pandemonium, etc.)<p>EFS game discussion is probably better suited for the Nova forum ;)

cy387_lk
Vau Ambassador

Postby cy387_lk » Sat Feb 23, 2002 7:01 pm

Yeah, I understood you wrong and I beg you pardon.

And what is that role playing EFS game? I hear about it in the first time.

Sukayo
Noble

Postby Sukayo » Sun Feb 24, 2002 9:39 am

The the Holistic Design site has a lot of material around it (as the developer and publisher), and following the FS Webring you find a lot of stories, materials. Just now are coming new books. What i found out avaialble only in the US, pls correct me if i am wrong. In the EFS links at the bottom you find your way to HDI.

Sean ONeal
Tank commander

Postby Sean ONeal » Tue Mar 05, 2002 3:10 am

Personally I think House Hazat was potentially the most powerful and might have won out if it weren't for the unexpected war with the Kurgans drawing off their resources.

While Decados was certainly powerful they were not the military experts the Hazat were and were also plagued by a great deal of infighting amongst their own nobility. They're a little too competitive, devious and paranoid for their own good.

House Hawkwood won because it managed to do two things well, organize a strong military (much as the Hazat did) and make allies (which Hazat did not). It was these alliances, not its own strength, that ultimately gave them the winning edge.

IMHO of course :)

Return to “Fading Suns”