The Media Blitz

Settings, background, books - all the things around which are not only the PC game.

Moderator: Russell

Shocker
Noble

Re: The Media Blitz

Postby Shocker » Wed Feb 13, 2002 12:53 am

I think so!<p>Kudos for doing it.<p>- Shocker.
Long Live EFS!

pandionk
Tank commander

Postby pandionk » Thu Feb 14, 2002 12:45 pm

Hi everyone.<p>Well frankly I have never played the EFS board game,but recently mainly due to inconsistent silly browsing the internet looking for something interesting I stumbled on Holistic design and their computer games I thouroghly (or however you spell it :) enjoyed both EFS and Noble Armada demo's I read the forums on Noble Armada and I know its not coming out anytime soon.<p>But what I am wondering about is there still a place in the world where I can buy EFS from?

Sukayo
Noble

Postby Sukayo » Thu Feb 14, 2002 10:00 pm

Take it as abandonware from the underdogs
. The manual here is a scaned ocred version, not corrected or newly designed.

pandionk
Tank commander

Postby pandionk » Fri Feb 15, 2002 12:34 pm

Thanks I really like this game and its just sad to see problems with creating a game and finishing it like noble Armada,but patience prevails..I hope :) <p>Thanks for the link and hope to be here more often and actually contribute something interesting :)

Macroz
Space Legionnaire

Postby Macroz » Wed Feb 20, 2002 10:07 pm

Greetings!

I just wanted you to know that EFS was mentioned in a Finnish gaming magazine (the largest and best) called Pelit ('Games' in Finnish). It was mentioned as a side note in Starships Unlimited review in the last issue (came out a week ago).

The magazine editor (who also reviewed the Starships Unlimited) said basically that it's a game that eats MOOs for breakfast. The greatest idea and best game mechanics and in theory the best ever strategy game. Fails because of harmless AI, inquisition bugs, symbiots not rebuilding transports, cheapest weapons being most effective (referring to artillery & anti-tank?) etc. And email games lasting a life-time.

As a concluding remark he says that, if he could program, this would be the first game he would do (stealing the ideas although in less ambitious and working form).

Thanks to the short intro I discovered this wonderful application and now I'm into my third game. Truly a classic.

Thumbs up for the modders (I'm still playing with the original).

<small>[ 20-02-2002, 21:08: Message edited by: Macroz ]</small>

Return to “Fading Suns”