Fading Suns online RPG game

Settings, background, books - all the things around which are not only the PC game.

Moderator: Russell

LeperColony
Assault Legionnaire

Fading Suns online RPG game

Postby LeperColony » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:17 am

Would anyone be up for playing a Fading Suns game online? I've got a story idea, and I know a good play-by-post site with a die roller and live chat (though the game would be play-by-post, not chat based).

If I can get two players I'd be willing to make a game of it.

tot_kto_v_bredu
Assault Legionnaire

Postby tot_kto_v_bredu » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:42 pm

I'd love to play but you will have to teach me the rules. Don't worry, I'm fast learner.

LeperColony
Assault Legionnaire

Postby LeperColony » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:04 pm

The rules can be taught easily to anyone. If we could get one more, then we'd have a game.

cy387_lk
Vau Ambassador

Postby cy387_lk » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:52 pm

Sounds interesting... =P
Do I like science fiction? Sure! But only a bad one!...
("Tales of Pirx The Pilot" after Stanislaw Lem)

LeperColony
Assault Legionnaire

Postby LeperColony » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:38 am

I say move beyond interest and into action! If you're up, and tot still is, then we've got a game.

LeperColony
Assault Legionnaire

Postby LeperColony » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:46 pm

Come on guys, you know you want to play Fading Suns! Let's get some people and get started!

Wolfhead
Infantery

Postby Wolfhead » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:15 am

Sure, count me in. :)

LeperColony
Assault Legionnaire

Postby LeperColony » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:45 pm

Cool. I'll post details soon.

LeperColony
Assault Legionnaire

Postby LeperColony » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:40 am

Alright guys, I hope you're still around. Here's how it's going to happen.

I'll be running the game on a play-by-post site I've frequented for ten years or so called Shadowland, at http://www.shadowland.org.It was originally written to host Shadowrun games, and expanded to have World of Darkness (Vampire, Werewolf, etc from White Wolf. Coincidentally, Bill Bridges, one of FS's developers, worked on the early WW games) and D&D. We'll be playing on the D&D subsite, called Planescape, because its die roller is easily adapted to Fading Suns.

Shadowland has been around for a long time, and while in a lot of ways it's an awesome site, it does take a little bit of getting used to. I like it because once you know what you're doing, you can do more than on a standard php forum. But to help, I've made this little guide.

After making an account and signing in, you'll see a browser window for the main, or OOC, section. Click on the little blue orb to navigate between subsites, like so:

After you select Planescape, you'll see the browser has changed to the one shown below. Open the Private Campaigns folder:

Once that has been done, navigate down to the Fading Suns game folder:

From there you'll see an OOC (out of character) section, and an IC (in character) section. OOC is for questions, dice rolls, and the like. IC is the play area. Just so I know you've made it, please post to the Game Management page in the OOC folder. Here's how. Open the OOC folder and right click on the 0. Game Management page. A menu will appear:

Select New. A new window will appear, pictured below. "Comment" will have already been selected (if you open the slider you'll see other options, but we want comment anyway), so press "okay".

A new box will appear, pictured below. Type your text and press okay, and you're done!

LeperColony
Assault Legionnaire

Postby LeperColony » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:46 am

Navigating SL can be tricky at first, but the Help and FAQ folders on Main have good, though lengthy, guides. Additionally, I'll be in real-time chat (you can get there by pressing that big mouth icon on the SL browser. It's the third button) most weeknights from around 9pm to 10pm or so.

Wolfhead
Infantery

Postby Wolfhead » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:08 am

LeperColony wrote:Navigating SL can be tricky at first, but the Help and FAQ folders on Main have good, though lengthy, guides. Additionally, I'll be in real-time chat (you can get there by pressing that big mouth icon on the SL browser. It's the third button) most weeknights from around 9pm to 10pm or so.

Urk! Looks horrible.. :)

Anyways, I tried posting a bit about myself there but couldn't retrieve it again. Will try again tomorrow when there might be more posts on.

LeperColony
Assault Legionnaire

Postby LeperColony » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:15 am

Your post is there, I see it.

tot_kto_v_bredu
Assault Legionnaire

Postby tot_kto_v_bredu » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:18 am

Hi. I believe I've made the post there. How can I see it?

LeperColony
Assault Legionnaire

Postby LeperColony » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:36 am

Just refresh the page. I see your post.

tot_kto_v_bredu
Assault Legionnaire

Postby tot_kto_v_bredu » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:47 am

Thanks. Got that. Reading FS overview now. I believe I'll try to play noble. Do I need to choose the House too?

Return to “Fading Suns”