Character Creation

Settings, background, books - all the things around which are not only the PC game.

Moderator: Russell

tot_kto_v_bredu
Assault Legionnaire

Character Creation

Postby tot_kto_v_bredu » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:49 pm

Hi guys,
I am trying to create my very first character using character creation part of FS 2nd edition Core Rulebook.

Creating Brother Battle using standard rules. Therefore:
Upbringing/Apprenticeship/Early Career

Strength +5
Dexterity +5
Endurance +5
Faith +3
Passion/Calm +1
Extrovert/Introvert +1

DODGE +2
FIGHT +2
MELEE +1
FIGHT/MELEE +4
SHOOT +5
PHYSICK +1
VIGOR +1
FOCUS 1
REMEDY 1 + another Remedy 1
STOIC BODY 1 + another Stoic Body 1
STOIC BODY 2
SURVIVAL1
WARFARE (MILITARY TACTICS) 1

Depending on whether I choose Fight or Melee I need to choose ONE of the appropriate actions: Martial Fist/Kick/Hold or Fencing Slash/Parry/Thrust
QUESTION 1: Is it really only ONE action I can choose or is it one action per skill lvl?

As I understand after above 3 steps I need to choose primary/complimentary of:
Passion/Calm
Focus/Ego
Extrovert/Introvert
and primary get +3 and complimentary gets +1 level
QUESTION 2: Am I correct about this skills?

Then I need to choose 2 Tours.
QUESTION 3: Can Brother Battle choose Questing Knight or Loaded-for-Bear Tours?

Lets say I choose Tour of Duty and Theurgic Calling.
Tour of Duty gives me +1 for any 2 characteristic and 14 skill points and Wordly Benefit.
As I understand each skill lvl cost 1 point

LeperColony
Assault Legionnaire

Postby LeperColony » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:09 pm

Tot,

For the Apprenticeship step where you have to choose between the fight or melee skills, you get all the skills in each category. However, for the Early Career stage, you only get to select one Fencing or Martial Arts action. This is because if you look at the Apprenticeship actions, they are simply a list. You get list A or list B. However, if you look at the early career options, each list also has an "or." So in list A you get action A or aciton B, and the same goes for list B.

You are correct in choosing the primary and secondary.

Active BB monks cannot choose Questing Knight, butmay select "Cohort Tour of Duty." However, if you want to say your character left the order to become a Questing Knight, then you may take a QK tour, but you're no longer in the order, and you'd lost any rank benefice you gained through your earlier careers. You may take Loaded-for-Bear, but note that that tour counts as both your tours.

You are correct on the Tour of Duty.

tot_kto_v_bredu
Assault Legionnaire

Postby tot_kto_v_bredu » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:41 pm

If I take Cohort Tour = do I must take Oath of Fealty and Ordained?

tot_kto_v_bredu
Assault Legionnaire

Postby tot_kto_v_bredu » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:56 pm

Another question: Theurgy Calling Tour says Theurgy Lvl1, Lvl2 and Lvl3 = does it mean that I have to choose only ONE rite for each of the levels? and what skill is related to rite?

Also, language skills = do I have to buy Urth language or do I know it already?

LeperColony
Assault Legionnaire

Postby LeperColony » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:51 pm

You understand Speak Urthish automatically, but you have to purchase read/write Urthish seperately. Speak and read/write must be obtained seperately for each language as well.

Theurgy does indeed grant one level 1, 2, and 3 power. Unlike psychics, there's no need to know a lesser level to get a greater, so you could purchase Brother Battle level 3, and Common/Universal 1 and 2, and so forth. Remember that as a brother battle monk, you only have default access to Brother Battle theurgy and the Universal path, called "Church Rituals." That doesn't mean you won't ever be able to learn theurgy from other sects, but you don't start with any and you'll have to find someone to teach you.

As far as the skill required to use theurgy, each power has it's own stat+skill combo. You should see it in the bold game text right under the title of each ritual. For instance, the level 1 Church Ritual is "The Prophet's Blessing." Using it requires a Faith + Focus roll.

LeperColony
Assault Legionnaire

Postby LeperColony » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:53 pm

The Cohort Tour of duty is essentially the same as a regular Tour of Duty, but instead of 14 skill points you only get 11, but you get a Cohort's Badge benefice as part of it.

Return to “Fading Suns”