Diplomacy

all the talk around the remake

Moderator: Deathifier

Lothgoradin
Space Legionnaire

Diplomacy

Postby Lothgoradin » Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:51 am

I would like to know what you want for diplomacy, I will try to include all of them by making it modable, however, i would like to know what to make modable, cause I am sure I cannot think of everything. Any idea, however small is welcome.

The Darkmage

Russell
Noble

Re: Diplomacy

Postby Russell » Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:30 am

When asking for a "future favor" there should be some kind of reputation meter. If you agree to a future favor, and then don't live up to it, your reputation could go down. Let's say your reputation goes down 1, so your loyalty of cities and troops goes down by 1%, and the church/league like you 1% less. That'd make the whole "future favor" deal pretty interesting.

Also, war pacts and such would be interesting, combined armies could be given some type of advantage, perhaps shared maping vision and higher morale?

There should definately be more incentive to declare open alliance, and more interesting contracts to offer.

Also, threatening something should have some type of interesting impact too. Threatening someone could perhaps lower your reputation hurting yourself, and if that person refuses your threat, then perhaps their loyalty/morale of troops go down by 1% or something.

Lothgoradin
Space Legionnaire

Re: Diplomacy

Postby Lothgoradin » Sat Aug 09, 2003 4:56 am

while that is a great idea, one i havent even thought of yet, it isnt what i was asking exactly. I was more looking for diplomacy options, not consequences and reactions by NPCs. Someone mentioned the ability to trade units and resources. as well as the and or option.
With the and\or option, I was thinking of making kind of a boolean idea for it.
give me "(Tech 1 AND Tech 2) OR (Tech 3) AND I will give you "(x amount of resource 1) OR (Unit 1 AND unit 2) OR I will declare war on you, etc..

The Darkmage

Return to “EFS Clone”