something different-not thought out really

all the talk around the remake

Moderator: Deathifier

mud3
Infantery

something different-not thought out really

Postby mud3 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:35 am

I sat in a NBC (nuclear, biological and chemical) training class this weekend. I spent all day learning what to do in case of a terrorist attack or what would happen. I got really bored half way through class. So I was thinking, what if you add more to EFS by getting NBC involved with out making the game to complecated!
Maybe by adding a new attack along with close, direct, indirect..ect.
Maybe getting rid of Pysic attacks and making unconventional attacks more of a danger.
Also instead of having a high NBC attack, some units (depending on TECH) would have better NBC defense and a chance at surviving.
Plus not all NBC attacks at our level tech (real world) is design to kill or destroy but cause panic and lose of resources and money. So in EFS, units could be captured or immoblized.
What do you think?

Grimly
Assasin

Re: something different-not thought out really

Postby Grimly » Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:18 am

A fine idea. I've decided that Psi is as much a terror attack as anything else---and the way it comes last it is timed to break a force that might otherwise have held, like a shock attack, which also is more psychological than deadly. So terror weapons---spore bombers, anarchists, warbeasts, drag queens, crotch nibblers, you name it, whatever scares you---could have SMALL psi attackes. Rebels, for example, are known for sneaking around performing atrocities . . . (in our world I mean).
Grimly

mud3
Infantery

Postby mud3 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:50 am

Idea. kill the relics, make them units that can be produced like any other unit in the game. These units could be Medics, Tax Collectors or scientists. This would be a simple edit in the game (I'm not saying I have done it, maybe).

Deathifier
Noble

Postby Deathifier » Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:50 am

The relics are a nice idea and little addition to the game, they just need to give more subtle benefits rather than being able to alter the outcome of major events.

Or you can cut the frequency of a relics appearance and beef them up in power, but then you get imbalancing effects where a player gets lucky, finds a relic, and gains an advantage not easily matched by others.

Matt and his nifty Hyperion mod are experimenting with cash-generating sceptors, transpots and buildable nobles. That can easily be expanded to include other units if and only if those extra units have a reasonable impact - otherwise you end up with cities full of these things and they just get in the way (when their benefits could be abstracted out).

Psychic units are there because EFS is based on the Fading Suns universe, to throw them out would not be a good idea because the game loses some of its individuality.
I don't think nuclear weapons are in use in the FS universe, however plague bombs have a much nastier effect.
Chemical and Bio warfare are integrated into the existing damage types - certain units (pestulator artillery for example) use them in theory.

- Deathifier

Return to “EFS Clone”