Priority features

all the talk around the remake

Moderator: Deathifier

Macroz
Space Legionnaire

Priority features

Postby Macroz » Tue Jul 02, 2002 6:17 pm

What do you think are the priority features that should be implemented first? This can be thought from technical perspective or game feature perspective, does not matter.

---

Let me clear some confusion first. I intend to cut down the playing workload (sometimes means micromanagement, mostly just eases the management) even though I have ideas that may sound complex. I'm going to be heavily involved in implementing these features and I'll assure you every significant feature will be 'toggleable'. What must be possible is to be able to recreate a version that closely mimics (as closely as is required) the current EFS by just creating a mod. Furthermore, I will be using the features to create my view of the ideal Fading Suns strategy game, a game I want to play.

---

My priority features are:
</font>
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">building facilities</font></li>
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">building units</font></li>
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">movement</font></li>
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">simple combat</font></li>
  • <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">multiplayer
    </font></li>
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Whatever tech is required to implement those. My rationale basically is that once those are done there is a simple working UI and a game that can be played which brings motivation to continue. Then more complex rules and art can be worked on and playtested right from the start.

Return to “EFS Clone”